News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got a pic of your Charger? Post up!......>>>>

Started by Johnny SixPack, July 18, 2005, 03:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BROCK

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on November 25, 2007, 12:05:40 PM
Quote from: BROCK on November 22, 2007, 01:18:39 PM
This transmission oil cooler was available from Year One back when their catalogue was just a flyer  :brickwall: :brickwall:

A truly unique item that has not been reproduced.  I should have bought it when I had the chance.  This is actually

the first that I've seen installed on a car.  Thanks for sharing :2thumbs:

Huh?  That cooler is being reproduced.... to the tune of $425
http://jacksautoparts.com/catalog/transmission.html
Scroll down the page a bit

Thanks for the heads up Chris :cheers:

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

HITMAN 149

I just got a trans cooler off of chargerman!!!  :2thumbs:
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

bull

Quote from: timinator on November 25, 2007, 12:02:40 PM
I'm finishing up a 2 year restoration on the 69.  It just needs the interior, side markers and R/T stripe.

Tim, was that the one with the multi-colored body parts, like blue and green? Or am I thinking of someone else?

timinator

You're probably thinking of another car Bull. This one started out as a General Lee. It had a black fender and door. The driver's door is from a blue car and the quarters are from a yellow and red Charger. The local boneyard had 3 Chargers to choose from. It's my own little Frankenstein creation but seems to have turned out better than I expected. I did all the bodywork myself. I had no idea what I was doing when I started but figured I couldn't screw it up any worse than it already was.

68charger383

I like the white 69 in the background of that shot
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

bull

Quote from: timinator on November 26, 2007, 11:47:04 PM
You're probably thinking of another car Bull. This one started out as a General Lee. It had a black fender and door after a couple of 14 year olds stole it and side swiped a parked car. The driver's door is from a blue car and the quarters are from a yellow and red Charger. The local boneyard had 3 Chargers to choose from. It's my own little Frankenstein creation but seems to have turned out better than I expected. I did all the bodywork myself. I had no idea what I was doing when I started but figured I couldn't screw it up any worse than it already was.

Ok. Your neighborhood looks similar to one another member lives in. It looks like wide-open plains with some mountains in the background and he has posted a couple times about forest fires up in the hills near his home.

Anyway, your car looks awesome. Kudos on the body work, it looks flawless from where I'm sitting. :2thumbs:

charger68aafc

Hi here's mine. A 68 original Mini Charger funnycar. A roller now, but plans started on a vintage looking aluminum 500 KB, solid billet dual plug heads, 14-71 little field, with 3 rib bug catcher. Plan to run Alcohol, exhibition runs, and firing it up at local Mopar car shows. Trying to keep as original as rules allow, want to show how they looked and did it back in the sixties. This car is from Illinois, any one recognize it or know of any history or contacts please let me know. Check out the clear plastic bubble to cover injection scoop, I haven't seen that on any other car yet, hopefully a good clue as to it's origin. No names, numbers, or info found on car yet. Thanks Jim

Ghoste

Welcome to the group and good luck with that one.  Are you planning to replicate a known car from back in the day or are you going with a retro styled look of your own?

keepat

Awesome project!  :2thumbs: Please post more pic with the body up :2thumbs:

charger68aafc

Hi Dont know yet. I like alot of old name cars. But I do like the flouresent orange colors they used to use. I plan to ad the mornal badges and emblems that a street car would have. Like a Larson camaro, or a Mickey Thompson cars, it has it all. I think that looks neat, and to have people stop and look for a secound and wonder if it's a street car, or track. I liked alot those older Camaro funnycars, if you tinted the windows they could have passed for street cars. I just want it to look exceiting, represent the old days well. Thanks for your coments. I'll post more pictures later. Thanks Jim

Brock Samson

WOW!  :scope:
  interesting project for sure i've often wondered what an altered wheelbase second gen would look like, when ya' snap more pics please do a centered side profile shot so we can get a better idea of the altered proportions...
Welcome to the site and good luck with that mini charger.
  (sure that aint the better lookin '69?)

Charger_Fan

Timinator, how long have you had your '68 on the road? I don't think I've seen it around.

Quote from: 68charger383 on November 27, 2007, 12:57:25 AM
I bet I know that car. ;D
Here's a couple from a local car show, taken in '05. The pearl paint looks fantastic when you're standing there, the pics definitely don't do it justice. :) The exhaust note is sweet too! :icon_smile_cool:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Charger_Fan

Quote from: charger68aafc on November 27, 2007, 11:39:24 PM
Hi here's mine. A 68 original Mini Charger funnycar.
Mini? I assume it's narrower than an actual Charger, right?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

charger68aafc

Hi Here ya go. And the other persons question yes, MIni meant narrow Charger. Designed as a result of the first Hawwiian Charger getting airborne, and crashing. I saw fiberglass circles underneath where the marker light would have been. I guessed 68.

Quote from: Brock Samson on November 28, 2007, 12:04:52 PM
  interesting project for sure i've often wondered what an altered wheelbase second gen would look like, when ya' snap more pics please do a centered side profile shot so we can get a better idea of the altered proportions...

moparstuart

Quote from: charger68aafc on November 28, 2007, 04:51:45 PM
Hi Here ya go. And the other persons question yes, MIni meant narrow Charger. Designed as a result of the first Hawwiian Chearger getting airborne, and crashing.

I aways liked vangerwoodie's flying dutchman in that body

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

charger68aafc

I posted other pictures on a different thread, look for them. i can't repost, system wont let me. Jim

Quote from: moparstuart on November 28, 2007, 04:56:04 PM
Quote from: charger68aafc on November 28, 2007, 04:51:45 PM
Hi Here ya go. And the other persons question yes, MIni meant narrow Charger. Designed as a result of the first Hawwiian Chearger getting airborne, and crashing.

I aways liked vangerwoodie's flying dutchman in that body

Charger_Fan

moparstuart

didnt see the flying dutchman in those but love those old funny cars , just really like vanderwoodies' car

scotteg

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

moparstuart

Brock Samson

Ya know...  :scratchchin:  If ya' did all the stuff like wheels and tires and a big blower and zoomies and stuff oversize that would make a absolutly bitchening awesome Rat Fink style Monster Rod...  :popcrn:  :yesnod:

scotteg

Matias

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on November 28, 2007, 02:37:53 PM
Timinator, how long have you had your '68 on the road? I don't think I've seen it around.

Quote from: 68charger383 on November 27, 2007, 12:57:25 AM
I bet I know that car. ;D
Here's a couple from a local car show, taken in '05. The pearl paint looks fantastic when you're standing there, the pics definitely don't do it justice. :) The exhaust note is sweet too! :icon_smile_cool:

Finally!

I have been wondering how my favourite classic musclecar-model would look in pearl white, and now got an idea! Please post some more pictures of it!! :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: