News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got a pic of your Charger? Post up!......>>>>

Started by Johnny SixPack, July 18, 2005, 03:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alain426

hi gang, i just found this site yesterday and that was i missed to get some information about the restoration of my 71 charger r/t 440

i began to read some topic and it's really interesting, i will keep reading and posting to get some information

here some picture of my r/t

its a originaly 440 auto, but the car was converted 4 speed in the early 70
this car was store in a barn since 1978 it has 65k on the clock, ecexpt for the rear left quarter, the rest is intact and very clean

my project is to restore it the closest originaly, but with some minor mods, like bigger brake, maybe bigger wheel too (i like the repro 17'' magnum 500) and some more power in the 440, but all of those mods can be reversible so i can keep this can as closest to what it was in 71

and sorry for my bad english, im a french canadian and still try to do my best with this second language

the restoration projet is begining, you can follow it on my photo site

http://public.fotki.com/mopar/automobile/mopar_monde_automobile/charger-1/

TruckDriver

Nice find Alain426  :yesnod:  Take a look at the Third Generation Charger site we have too. The link is right below the pictures of my Charger signature pictures.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Johnny SixPack

A warm welcome to all the new folks! :cheers:

Can't wait to see what you do with that "71 Alain.  :yesnod:

3rd gens are really grownin' on me.

Just gotta get me a "68 first so I can finish up my 2nd gen. hat trick.  :icon_smile_big:

MichaelRW, still got a pic of your "70 that you sent me from the old site.

What a beaut. :2thumbs:

Mike, great GL! :METAL:

ChargerXP, definitely check out the "70 Charger Registry.

Sweet "70 btw.  :icon_smile_cool:
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Brock Samson

i got this pic from 1hot68 and is she a beauty or what!?..  drool  :drool5:

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

mauibarber

Quote from: mikepmcs on January 15, 2007, 06:39:45 PM
interior pics of my GL.
You got your GL from Danny?  How do you like it?  I have heard good things and some really really bad things.  :-X  The interior looks nice.

mikepmcs

attention to detail and paint and body work.  I'm not unhappy with the car but not saying i couldn't have done better if i had searched more(who knows, i had the money then and wanted it and talked to him and got a good vibe).  I like Danny and consider him a very honest man, but if you are looking for perfection and a professional resto. He will tell you to go somewhere else and you will most likely pay for it.  He will tell you he is a hobbyist and doesn't deceive.  Read my posts on this thread below.  I love my car but it is a driver.  I'm lucky enough to hang out at my buddies body shop and eventually I will make the car right, but for now, i'm going to drive the heck out of it and work on the performance end first.  I've since learned that mechanical is the most important aspect of a car.  My car goes to shows and draws a lot of attention on the road.  I let kids climb in it, take pictures in parking lots, it's a blast and I have a numbers matching 69, minus paint of course.  :icon_smile_big:  I have Danny Johnson to thank for that.
It's been a year and i'm sure his work has improved greatly over that year as well.  He was breaking in a new bodyman(17 year old) and my car was his first one i think.
v/r
Mike

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,22849.msg252339.html#msg252339
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

69 OUR/TEA

Basically the same from last summer after paint,sand and buffing,and front suspenion in.Had alot of other things going on,but now I am working on getting the motor and tranny together so it's ready to put in.

Brock Samson

nice pics
BTW:
...according to the research i was able to do, those firestone firehawks are the best tire in tests...
there's another '69 commin along very nice indeed!  :yesnod:

69 OUR/TEA

Thanks Brock,those tires were on it when I bought it back in 98,and yeh they did drive real nice.While I was doing the car the past couple years,I put them on my coronet to use so they don't sit around.

Brock Samson

69 OUR/TEA

MOPARHOUND!

Quote from: 69 OUR/TEA on January 17, 2007, 12:48:40 PM
Real nice!!!! Awesome pic too.

69 Our/Tea:  That is B3 Blue correct?  What brand of paint did you use, and is there a Ditzler (?) code for it?

Thanks,

'HOUND
1971 Charger R/T, 440 H.P., Auto, A/C Daily Driven (till gas went nuts).  NOW IN CARS FOR SALE SECTION: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48709.0.html
1969 Charger 318/Auto (latest addtion): http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,31948.0.html
*Speed costs money son, how fast do you want to go, and for how long?"
*"Build the biggest engine you can afford the first time."
*"We normally wouldn't use a 383 for this build, parts and labor for a 440 cost the same."

69 OUR/TEA

MOPARHOUND,no,it is B5,it is PPG DBC code 2019,probably looks light because of  how I had my camera set for back lighting.Here is a pic outside.

Brock Samson

Brock Samson

chargerman68

my seats are the same way just yellow inserts
1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

Troy

What happened to "a pic of your Charger"?

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: Troy on January 18, 2007, 02:53:51 PM
What happened to "a pic of your Charger"?

Troy

I blame fluoridated water.

Or possibly global warming.

And here's a pic of my Charger so I stay on topic.  :icon_smile_big:

There's even a glimpse of the oft ellusive Strato-Sampson in there.

Pic is of the garage Strato and I went to to see what would become my "70.
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

Dan T

Here's a pic of my '69 R/T.
Just picked it up a few weeks ago..
1969 Charger R/T
1969 Dart Custom
2006 Charger R/T

Johnny SixPack

Johnny's Herd:

BronzeOnSteelies

68 MM1 (Turbine Bronze) R/T

mally69

you just cannot beat the looks of a charger  man i love them i gotta find me another

THE COLONEL

I can't say how many times I look at this thread!  I LOVE IT!!!!

A lady, by the name of Lora, was at Dukesfest 06 with her family, and posted pictures that they took of The Colonel.  A couple of the pics have her two kids in them.  Her daughter loved The Colonel.

Me & The Colonel enjoying the sun!

Lora's kids

The lighting wasn't that good, but I never saw these until she posted them.

"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"