News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got a pic of your Charger? Post up!......>>>>

Started by Johnny SixPack, July 18, 2005, 03:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Tripp1117

1971 Charger 500 just got 440 hot tanked, bored, and sleeved.

Chad L. Magee

Quote from: Ghost on August 11, 2005, 08:47:43 PM
Quote from: Chad L. Magee on August 11, 2005, 06:39:09 PM
Here's a fun set....

Can you guess what the cars are? (Let the newbies try to guess first)

I will post the answers later on.......

Going by the bottom pic, from left to right, they are 69, 70, and 68.   Am I right?

Stratocharger-  They are all b-bodies of the Charger kind.  You got the Riv GS on the head so to speak.  It was a friend's car that he parted out for the drivetrain (455 HO) and frame for his 1941 Buick street rod.  The Riv is now crushed.......

You are close Ghost.  The  actual order is 1970, 1969 and then 1968 followed by the 1970 Buick Riv (Stratocharger got that one first).  The cut up car in the background is a 1970 Charger.  As for what they orginally were:  The first 70 was a 440-4bbl., 4-speed, dana-60, RT in triple black, stripe delete.  The 69 was orginally a 440-4bbl, 4-speed, dana-60, RT in triple green with a gator grain vinyl top and a towing package.  The 68 was a 383-2bbl., auto, black exterior with no vinyl top and a white with red inserts interior (same interior as my 383-2bbl., 4-speed 68 Charger).  The fender tag codes for a gold door frame paint, why I don't know.  The second 70 Charger (cut up) was orginally a 500 with a 318.  It is actually famous for being a picture car up on the wing warriors website.  I bought it from Jerry Junemann (purple 70 daytona fame) for $125 and the picture was taken before I moved it home from Hays, Kansas.  For some reason, the car was moved out front of his museum the week before I could pick it up and people took pics of it (thinking that someone was going to fix it).  I ended up cutting the rest of the top side and saving the rust free frame for my /6 car........
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

Brock Samson

I love to win!  ;)(which charger I gonna git?..)   ;D

General Ryan

Quote from: SuBLimE 69 on August 12, 2005, 06:43:41 AM
Thanks Ryan !   I even get the thumbs up from the ricer kids.... :punkrocka:

Its nice that the Next Generation show respect for the old crude in your face fast iron.

Even though they may not say it right to you, even when they belt out a "Lite em up" from a distant corner while you sit idling at a stop light, u know they know these cars can shut you down, because you never hear from the distance at a light from some kid, "Lite em up" to a Taurus or a plain ol civic.
They respect, in their own way, and I appreciate that.

superblu72

superblu72

dodgecharger-fan

martinihenry

Damn, those slotted police rims and dog dish hubcaps look GOOOOOOOOOD!!!!! Here's my humble Charger.
1969 Dodge Charger 318 (2 doors only, thank you very much)
1972 Dodge W-200 4X4 "PowerWagon"
...Only Dodge in my garage!

Chad L. Magee

Quote from: Stratocharger on August 12, 2005, 05:32:32 PM
I love to win!   ;)(which charger I gonna git?..)     ;D

I think I have a spare 1/64 scale hotwheels GL replica for you..........  ;)

The big ones just cost too much to ship....... :icon_smile_big:
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

martinihenry

Here's a picture of my two "Chargers" all cozy in the garage. Daily driver on the right, sunshine cruiser on the left.
1969 Dodge Charger 318 (2 doors only, thank you very much)
1972 Dodge W-200 4X4 "PowerWagon"
...Only Dodge in my garage!

Lowprofile

Well, I finally got some pics [thanks to my mother in law for taking them & her goat for eating the tall grass all around the car!] Hopefully, I will start the resto this winter [After a ten + year wait] I'll post more after I start working on it. :icon_smile_big:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Lowprofile

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger

Charger_Fan

Wow, that's a cars in barns...errr...yards story there. :-\

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

rt green

heres a pic of my car. just getting started
third string oil changer

Brock Samson

can't quite make it out there rt green...

here's another of my monster the SKUNKENSTEIN  thanks to formula 440. (where is that pesky alaskan transplant anyways?..)

http://www.dodge-chargeronline.com/Stratonight.jpg

LahTera

472 R/T SE

lowprofile that looks like a great project.  What color's the top gonna be?  Have you registered it yet over on the 70 Charger Registry board yet?

http://1970chargerregistry.com/70messageboard/index.php

Here's a recent pic I took of mine.

Lowprofile

Quote from: AllBlueRT on August 17, 2005, 10:31:35 PM
lowprofile that looks like a great project. What color's the top gonna be? Have you registered it yet over on the 70 Charger Registry board yet?

http://1970chargerregistry.com/70messageboard/index.php

Here's a recent pic I took of mine.

I believe the top was White. I haven't registered yet, but I will when I get home [a few months from now!!]   BTW, I have a pic of your Blue R/T as a screensaver. Do you still have it?? The Red Daytona is the bomb! Love the Purple R/T Too. I can't wait to start on Mine. I've had her over 10 years, but haven't had the time to start on her. Hopefully, that will change.......soon!

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger

jmanscharger

My 68 RT, 69 Yellow 440, and 70 Daytona Clone
1968 Silver Charger RT
1969 Yellow Charger 440
1969 Charger General Lee Replica (rescued W.VA car)
1970 Charger RT Daytona Replica
Previous Chargers Owned 66, 68(2), 69(2), 70(3)

Old Moparz

Quote from: AllBlueRT on August 18, 2005, 12:52:48 PM
I traded the blue RT for the Daytona + cash.   I'm starting over getting a car where the blue one was. :icon_smile_cool:

You have a Purple '70 too? That thing looks nice.  :thumbs:  I had a '70 440 parts Charger 25 years ago that was purple. I still have the hood, the tail lights & the 8-3/4" rear I'll be using on my Daytona project.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

ChargerSG

Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

Chris G.

Some really nice 70's popping up in this thread (as well as other years). LowProfile, that blue looks great with the longitude stripe on there. I know alot of guys prefer the bee stripe, but think about keeping the longitude stripe when you do the car. ChargerSG, your's looks great as well. What color is that? And Mike, when are you going to send me a nice pic of the plum car so we can add it to the gallery?

All you 70 guys, please don't forget to register when you get a chance. http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/     :2thumbs:

And if you have a pic of your ride you want added to the the gallery, send me a few. Large pictures are the best.   :punkrocka:http://1970chargerregistry.com/Gallery/

I already posted one of my current car. Here's my first Charger at age 17. It's in heaven now. :'(

CB

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Old School