News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got a pic of your Charger? Post up!......>>>>

Started by Johnny SixPack, July 18, 2005, 03:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip68

Thank's Mike, I think I scored on this one.  :icon_smile_big: That car has all it's original metal and a brand new 500+ horse 446 in it now.  :drive:  I'm into it about 8k so far  :2thumbs: .........Chuck.  No my signal lights are in a box still with the mirrors and some chrome that never got put back on after last owner had it painted 6 years ago. But thank's anyway........
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

dpm68

Here's mine...68 R/T 440/727 not sure about the rear end, but I think it's a 3:23 open? Originally shot Dupont LL-1 with Bumblebee delete, black vinyl top, hood signals, black interior, auto on column , tic-toc, etc. etc...now it awaits my every last dollar.

SeattleCharger

440 out of car at moment, gotta fix up body too,

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

venom04

69 440 with 727 black on red, white hat special.  Has a 8 3/4 rear end and has alot of work ahead of it to bring it back to life.
:drive:

Johnny SixPack

Wow! The "68s came out of the woodwork.  :icon_smile_big:

And since Strato was givin' me grief about not postin' pix of my Chargers, here's one of my "70:

Keep the pix rollin' in, folks.  :icon_smile_cool:

Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Brock Samson

axlerod

Here's my 68. It's a 383 auto car. I'm currently in the process of putting a new set of leaf springs on that should lower the back a little...

Johnny SixPack

Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

SeattleCharger

Quote from: axlerod on January 10, 2007, 11:10:05 PM
Here's my 68. It's a 383 auto car. I'm currently in the process of putting a new set of leaf springs on that should lower the back a little...

That is nice,    I like the stance of it.  and the wheels.

mikepmcs

I see you got shackles in the rear.  Adjusting those will lower your car. I don't believe new springs will do that job cause yours look minty.

Nice ride!! :2thumbs:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

axlerod

Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on January 10, 2007, 11:30:14 PM

Thanks. Doesn't it seem a little high in the back?

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

axlerod

Quote from: mikepmcs on January 10, 2007, 11:54:57 PM

I see you got shackles in the rear.  Adjusting those will lower your car. I don't believe new springs will do that job cause yours look minty.

Nice ride!! :2thumbs:

Thanks. The car looks pretty darn good from 10 feet away. Actually it has some type of helper springs on it that has a rubber bumper at each end of the spring. It does look like shackles though. I'm putting the Mopar XHD springs and KYB's on now. I'm thinking if I don't like the stance after that I might buy a set of front hangers from US Tool as they have a multitude of mounting holes to allow up, down and even fore/aft adjustments.

SeattleCharger

Quote from: axlerod on January 11, 2007, 12:00:07 AM

The first impression I get when looking at it is that the rear is stock height and the front is lowered, looks perfect, if anything, maybe an inch lower in back if it sits too high for you,   but it really doesn't look like the back is jacked up, just looks like the front is lowered.

Please tell me what size rims and tires you have front and rear, thanks.

axlerod

Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on January 11, 2007, 12:19:55 AM
Quote from: axlerod on January 11, 2007, 12:00:07 AM

The first impression I get when looking at it is that the rear is stock height and the front is lowered, looks perfect, if anything, maybe an inch lower in back if it sits too high for you,   but it really doesn't look like the back is jacked up, just looks like the front is lowered.

Please tell me what size rims and tires you have front and rear, thanks.
I put the Fatman drop spindles on the front so it's definately lower in the front although it should be lower but I'm having a little clearance problem with the wheel opening trim. If I had increased the backspace a quarter inch more everything would have fit perfect. I'm still thinking about what to do about that...

The front wheels are 17X8 with a 245/45 and the back is 18X9.5 with 295/45. I sized the tires to match the height of the 275/60 and 235/60 15's that I had on it before.

dads_69

Axlerod, that is won badass lookin' '68. I am taking a liking to green chargers even more so after seeing yours.
Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

axlerod

Quote from: dads_69 on January 11, 2007, 01:09:00 AM
Axlerod, that is won badass lookin' '68. I am taking a liking to green chargers even more so after seeing yours.
Mark
Thanks! It's funny how that green can grow on you. I can't say that I used to be a fan of it but now after having this car for some years I don't think I would even consider changing the color.

HITMAN 149

hey axel...
looks great!!! nice stance!!!!! what rims are those?!?!?!?
:icon_smile_big:
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

axlerod

Quote from: hobobum149 on January 11, 2007, 10:41:22 AM
hey axel...
looks great!!! nice stance!!!!! what rims are those?!?!?!?
:icon_smile_big:

Thanks! The wheels are Billet Specialties Vintec series. They look almost exactly like the Budnik Fomosas' but are lot cheaper.

chargerman68

here is mine.4 years in the works.another deployment forces no work till summer again
1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

mikepmcs

Quote from: chargerman68 on January 11, 2007, 05:35:42 PM
here is mine.4 years in the works.another deployment forces no work till summer again

NAVY?

chargerman68

1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

mikepmcs

Quote from: chargerman68 on January 11, 2007, 05:40:09 PM
naval special warfare

Right on brother.  Navy Combat Aircrewman here(20 years, i'm done).  sorry for the hijack, back to the pics.

charger0740

472 R/T SE

Nice lookin' ride axlerod.  I've always liked the greeens and not so common colors. 
I like the stance just the way it is.  A little low in front, but it's got a nice rake.  :thumbs: