News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got a pic of your Charger? Post up!......>>>>

Started by Johnny SixPack, July 18, 2005, 03:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

your gonna put a '70 tail light panel in that '68 you just baught?..  :smilielol:

way to go dude  :slap:

why don't you save your money on those (very) questionable mods and spend the fundage on a decent 440?..  :shruggy:

4speed

Quote from: G-man on July 14, 2008, 01:21:54 AM
Figured id put my new car here also, atleast its part of the main picture section this way.  :icon_smile_big:

XP car 318/auto now 383/4speed.

I baught a base model on purpose so that I could do whatever I would want to it. I love the originalities of R/T cars and will always have my respect when I see original 440 six cars, hemi cars even 383ci. However me being a person that likes to make the car unique (15x14 wheels for the rear, custom gauges, custom interior, stock look from the outside and a 70 rear tailight in place of the 68 for added aggressivness to the car) I could not and would not ever buy an R/T myself due to this reason. To modify an R/T is wrong and thats why I never owned any cars that were the special model cars. I like the car to be unique and built my way.

:cheers:

:o

Finn

Quote from: G-man on July 14, 2008, 01:21:54 AM
Figured id put my new car here also, atleast its part of the main picture section this way.  :icon_smile_big:

XP car 318/auto now 383/4speed.

I baught a base model on purpose so that I could do whatever I would want to it. I love the originalities of R/T cars and will always have my respect when I see original 440 six cars, hemi cars even 383ci. However me being a person that likes to make the car unique (15x14 wheels for the rear, custom gauges, custom interior, stock look from the outside and a 70 rear tailight in place of the 68 for added aggressivness to the car) I could not and would not ever buy an R/T myself due to this reason. To modify an R/T is wrong and thats why I never owned any cars that were the special model cars. I like the car to be unique and built my way.

:cheers:

...but...but...but...its so pretty!! lol

1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

nelson_audet

69 Charger RT 440 4 SPD 4.10 Dana car B5 blue

G-man

Quote from: Brock Samson on July 14, 2008, 01:11:58 PM
your gonna put a '70 tail light panel in that '68 you just baught?..  :smilielol:

why don't you save your money on those (very) questionable mods and spend the fundage on a decent 440?..  :shruggy:

Yes a 440ci is a good idea to happen before this.

The car is not staying that colour. Trying to decide between orange or a custom dark blue, cant seem to find anything that works so its probbably going to be either black or orange. However, black, very common, so i dunno.

When i got the money for the painting of the vehicle, then im going to get the propper OEM style full rear quarters 1 for each side and change the quarter skins that have been put, at this time, the cutting of the rear tailights will happen, and then paint and finished.

So i gotta save up money for the quarters, buy them, then save up for lights, buy them, then save up enough to be able to paint, and then finaly get in the cutting.

Gonna get white interior and custom ET 5 spokes prior to this though. Once thats done, il probbably do the 440 and then start saving for the restoration.

I dont see anything wrong cutting up a 318 car just to make unique to my taste. I think thats a cool idea. If thats not good, then, putting a 440 in a 318 isnt good either, its not original. Putting a manual in place of the auto, not good, not original, painting it a different colour from factory, not good cause not original, puting a 70 tailight instead of 68 not good not original...

So how far do you take it?  :shruggy:

Manfred318

Quote from: G-man on July 14, 2008, 07:36:15 PM
Quote from: Brock Samson on July 14, 2008, 01:11:58 PM
your gonna put a '70 tail light panel in that '68 you just bought?..  :smilielol:

Yes a 440ci is a good idea to happen before this.

The car is not staying that colour. Trying to decide between orange or a custom dark blue, cant seem to find anything that works so its probably going to be either black or orange. However, black, very common, so i dunno.

When i got the money for the painting of the vehicle, then I'm going to get the propper OEM style full rear quarters 1 for each side and change the quarter skins that have been put, at this time, the cutting of the rear taillights will happen, and then paint and finished.

So i gotta save up money for the quarters, buy them, then save up for lights, buy them, then save up enough to be able to paint, and then finally get in the cutting.

Gonna get white interior and custom ET 5 spokes prior to this though. Once thats done, Ill probably do the 440 and then start saving for the restoration.

I don't see anything wrong cutting up a 318 car just to make unique to my taste. I think thats a cool idea. If thats not good, then, putting a 440 in a 318 isn't good either, its not original. Putting a manual in place of the auto, not good, not original, painting it a different colour from factory, not good cause not original, putting a 70 taillight instead of 68 not good not original...

So how far do you take it?  :shruggy:

I don't think its an originality thing. Thats just too nice of a car to be a cutin up on all willy nilly like.

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

Brock Samson

its probably going to be either black or orange. However, black, very common, so i dunno.

:scratchchin: nope not alot of orange chargers either...  :lol:

Finn

Quote from: Manfred318 on July 14, 2008, 09:28:36 PM

I don't think its an originality thing. Thats just too nice of a car to be a cutin up on all willy nilly like.

Same thing I was thinking, Id rather see a rusted out charger be saved and built the way your talking about instead of one thats already nice go under the knife again.
Plus then you can enjoy driving this one while you build the one you want!  :icon_smile_big: :Twocents:
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

71_Charger_R/T

Quote from: rustafarian on July 01, 2008, 10:18:44 AM
1973 360/automatic running Spectator at Sycamore Speedway outside Chicago
I might as well have painted a bullseye on it,  nobody's running anything like it anymore:

I wouldn't say NOBODY.... These are three of my neighbor's cars

i c e b l u e

i was able to take some decent pics with a friend around the 4th. enjoy

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

i c e b l u e

i c e b l u e

keepat

tan top

:o          :drool5:   wow  ...what a awesome looking Charger you have (ice blue )  ..... :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

BROCK

Quote from: tan top on July 19, 2008, 04:28:52 PM
   :o          :drool5:   wow  ...what a awesome looking Charger you have (ice blue )  ..... :2thumbs:

+1

I bought Magnums back in February.  Since they're waiting out a flood, I pulled out some ol slots I had & .....

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world

G-man

IceBlue - Ur making me wish I got a 69 cause it looks so nice.

Love the colour to. Works real good with the chrome.  :2thumbs:

Back N Black

Quote from: i c e b l u e on July 19, 2008, 03:49:51 PM
i was able to take some decent pics with a friend around the 4th. enjoy

Car looks absolutely awesome! How wide are the rims and what is the backspacing?  :2thumbs:

1BAD68

iceblue those are simply wicked especially that first burnout pic where the smoke is just starting to pour out!

Ghoste

ice blue, that car just leaves me drooling.   :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

mally69

4speed

chargerrt

i c e b l u e

thanks for all of the compliments everybody

Back n Black

The wheels are 15 x 10 magnum 500's with a 5 inch backspace. tires are 295/50/15s Dayton's. The wheel wells are unmodified an only rub under extreme conditions(like when the car gets a little too sideways) Even then it is only a slight rub on the inner wheel well and i have only seen/removed rub marks twice in the past 3 summers 6k miles

Im at work right now but we took nearly 600 pics that day so i plenty more to share when i get a chance and if anyone is interested.

thanks again

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE