News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got a pic of your Charger? Post up!......>>>>

Started by Johnny SixPack, July 18, 2005, 03:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PatrickPeeters

Patrick  :punkrocka:

Finn

Quote from: PatrickPeeters on November 16, 2010, 02:53:34 PM
Quote from: SRT-68 on November 16, 2010, 02:11:02 PM
Here is the SRT-68 after paint.

Awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
:drool5:

Hot damn!  :drool5:
How come the rear calipers are so low? Ive never seen a set up like that before.
Beautiful paint job!
1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

PatrickPeeters

Quote from: Finn on November 16, 2010, 02:59:43 PM
Quote from: PatrickPeeters on November 16, 2010, 02:53:34 PM
Quote from: SRT-68 on November 16, 2010, 02:11:02 PM
Here is the SRT-68 after paint.

Awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
:drool5:

Hot damn!  :drool5:
How come the rear calipers are so low? Ive never seen a set up like that before.
Beautiful paint job!

take a look at the website www.mopar5151.com, There's a new hemi hidden inside.....Cool!

sixty8charger

link isn't working... also... i am curious about the rear calipers.. that is just weird.  :scratchchin:
Jayson

PatrickPeeters

Quote from: sixty8charger on November 16, 2010, 03:43:15 PM
link isn't working... also... i am curious about the rear calipers.. that is just weird.  :scratchchin:

http://www.mopar5150.com/

This should work

SRT-68

Quote from: sixty8charger on November 16, 2010, 03:43:15 PM

The car is a 1968 body grafted onto a 2007 SRT8 magnum chassis. Those are the factory SRT8 brake calipers. Only the body skin and the dash structure are '68

Finn

Awesome work, I think I remember seeing your charger at the fall fling a while back. Does it have a forward opening hood? I think I have pictures of it...
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

SRT-68

Quote from: Finn on November 16, 2010, 06:04:09 PM
Awesome work, I think I remember seeing your charger at the fall fling a while back. Does it have a forward opening hood? I think I have pictures of it...

Thanks! It does have the forward hood and was still in flat black at the fling.

sixty8charger

that is just awesome.. looks like that modification was incredibly challenging. great job.  i would love to have the new style comfortable driving on my charger.. well honestly.. i'd just like to drive the damn thing!
Jayson

SRT-68

Quote from: sixty8charger on November 17, 2010, 05:34:23 PM
that is just awesome.. looks like that modification was incredibly challenging. great job.  i would love to have the new style comfortable driving on my charger.. well honestly.. i'd just like to drive the damn thing!

Thanks. Now that we did one it doesn't seem that bad. We are going to put together an e-book for people that want to build one. Just need to get off of my a$$ and get the book done.

As for your Charger, You have to put in at least 1 hour a day. Even if all you do is set the tools on the bench to do something the next, or spend the hour making a detailed list of what needs done. I have over 1400 hours into that damn car but most of it was blood and sweat. Even when I was out of money I did an hour a day cleaning bolts or painting something.

It sounds stupid but it works. Here are photos of the donor cars.

sixty8charger

QuoteEven when I was out of money I did an hour a day cleaning bolts or painting something.

It sounds stupid but it works. Here are photos of the donor cars.

That is exactly what i will be doing here for next few months.. trying to save up to get mine in the shop right now! sandblasted.. patched.. primer.. depending if it cost way too much.. i guess i might leave it pirmer for a while.
Jayson

SRT-68

That is exactly what i will be doing here for next few months.. trying to save up to get mine in the shop right now! sandblasted.. patched.. primer.. depending if it cost way too much.. i guess i might leave it pirmer for a while.
[/quote]

My wife and I painted this car semi gloss black with Rustolium (sp) "professional". It is great paint, comes in big cans and doesn't hold water and dirt like primer does.  I got talked into getting a rush paint job on the srt-68 for sema and I am sorry I did. There are 100 things wrong with the paint and body. But as a driver that may not be a bad thing.

Here is a photo in semi gloss rattle can paint.

sixty8charger

i keep reading about rustoleum.. remember reading about a guy who painted his car with a high density foam roller?? and just wet sanded inbetween coats and it came out beautiful!
Jayson

Ghoste

That was on Moparts wasn't it?  I seem to recall reading that someplace too.

SRT-68

Quote from: sixty8charger on November 21, 2010, 10:56:55 AM
i keep reading about rustoleum.. remember reading about a guy who painted his car with a high density foam roller?? and just wet sanded inbetween coats and it came out beautiful!

There are several guys out here that are running rolled on and sanded paint( mostly flat black) and they look great. Total cost $100.

nvrbdn

i seen on (i think it was) hotrod tv where they showed that they painted a car with a roller and sanded and buffed it and took it to a car cruise to get feedback and it looked really good. people were amazed at how it was painted. im just not sure on what car show i seen it, but they showed it could be done with great showing.
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Brock Samson

guys here have done that try a search...  :popcrn:

Finn

2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Finn

Quote from: Finn on November 21, 2010, 02:15:55 PM
http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=2331682&page=0&fpart=1&vc=1

Come to think of it, my beater challenger would be a perfect candidate for this. My goal for that car is to build it as mean as possible, as cheap as possible.  :scratchchin:
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

sixty8charger

it is just ridiculous how good those cars look and he used a roller...    you know what.. i think i am going to try it!.. why the hell not.. i mean the paint isn't going to get any better the way it is.

Jayson

SRT-68

Quote from: sixty8charger on November 21, 2010, 02:24:37 PM
it is just ridiculous how good those cars look and he used a roller...    you know what.. i think i am going to try it!.. why the hell not.. i mean the paint isn't going to get any better the way it is.

Well said!  Lets see it.  :popcrn:

Darkman

Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

The70RT

Why cant youy just spray the same stuff, sand & buff?
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us