News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got a pic of your Charger? Post up!......>>>>

Started by Johnny SixPack, July 18, 2005, 03:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mauve66

it would take alot of cans to do the spray thing (and hope you have one of those trigger holder thingys), the roller would be more uniform and less runs than a spray can or are you talking about using a compressor spray gun??
the idea is to get rid of all the blowing air which includes the dust, dirt and bugs, cleanup mess and pre-paint prep of taping/masking
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

The70RT

Quote from: mauve66 on November 22, 2010, 10:10:59 AM
it would take alot of cans to do the spray thing (and hope you have one of those trigger holder thingys), the roller would be more uniform and less runs than a spray can or are you talking about using a compressor spray gun??
the idea is to get rid of all the blowing air which includes the dust, dirt and bugs, cleanup mess and pre-paint prep of taping/masking

I see but getting paint in tight areas might be a challenge. It just seems to be for a lesser of a car to me....cheap paint is, well cheap. You might as well just get a cheap gallon of enamel and have at it. It seems then you wouldn't have to go through all the sanding. I guess it would be good for a temporary paint job....but you are just making more work for the next paint job.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SRT-68

Quote from: The70RT on November 22, 2010, 10:16:51 AM
Quote from: mauve66 on November 22, 2010, 10:10:59 AM
It takes 11 cans to be exact. It took three people about an hour do put two coats on the car.

I see but getting paint in tight areas might be a challenge. It just seems to be for a lesser of a car to me....cheap paint is, well cheap. You might as well just get a cheap gallon of enamel and have at it. It seems then you wouldn't have to go through all the sanding. I guess it would be good for a temporary paint job....but you are just making more work for the next paint job.
This is a good temporary paint job and helps protect the car while you are working on it. My car was never garaged until I had the silver paint put on. The rustolium can be washed and touched up as needed. For us guys that tend to be the white trash of the neighborhood, it makes the car less of an eyesore when the city drives by.

sixty8charger

well.. i am not the white trash of the neighborhood.. but then again, i am the only one out here with a mopar project in the driveway that is torn to pieces.. hey at least i drink good beer when i work on it.. no natty in this fridge.. and i stand by that! (Sam Adams! or Sierra NV... Rogue and Dechutes Brewery when i can get it!!! oh how i miss the NW).
Jayson

mauve66

no offense but trust me when i say if your the ONLY one working on your car in the driveway then you ARE the white trash of the neighborhood even if nobody has mentioned it yet.........
if your lucky enough to live somewhere that has several people working on cars then i want to move to your neighborhood..........
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

plum500

For those interested in some roll on results, when I do get back to the car, I will be continuing this way... here's the front bumper (though it's not a great pic - colour is very rich, deep, with a very high gloss).
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,53737.msg597645.html#msg597645

sixty8charger

Quote from: mauve66 on November 23, 2010, 09:40:37 AM
no offense but trust me when i say if your the ONLY one working on your car in the driveway then you ARE the white trash of the neighborhood even if nobody has mentioned it yet.........
if your lucky enough to live somewhere that has several people working on cars then i want to move to your neighborhood..........

well..  my neighbor across the street works on motorcycles and his suburban a lot, and adjacent to him is a guy with a Jeep (mopar!!) project..
Jayson

KSChrgr68

I'm new of course.   bought a 68 out of Iowa for 2,000 dollars on Saturday, brought her home to Wichita, KS.  Very rough but I see great potential in her.  Frame rails are very bad in the trunk and various locations along the body :'( usual rust in the trunk and floor pans.  Original 383 with original 727 torqueflite and factory AC, still has the *Airtemp by Chrysler* sticker in the passenger quarter window  :icon_smile_big:   Someone tried to turn it into a General Lee   :-\ Im gonna put her back to her mostly original self.  Slow going for a while, gonna strip it down out in my barn and rebuild her one piece at a time..  ive got more pics stuck on my camera but cant find the damn usb adapter cable, once i do ill get the rest posted.  Hope to meet alot of you as my own mopar comes to life over the next few years   :icon_smile_wink:

I got my dreamcar in 2010

Dans 68

Welcome to the Charger family.  :2thumbs: We're looking forward to lots of stories and photos of bruised and bleeding knuckles.  :cheers:  Nice choice of year, by the way....

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

KSChrgr68

thanks  ;) i plan on sharing this with ya'll.  Only my dad and very clearly you all understand my passion for this kind of car...

I got my dreamcar in 2010

terrible one

Awesome project and that seems like a pretty good deal! I'm 45 minutes north of you in McPherson :coolgleamA:

tan top

Quote from: KSChrgr68 on November 25, 2010, 01:27:11 AM
I'm new of course.   bought a 68 out of Iowa for 2,000 dollars on Saturday, brought her home to Wichita, KS.  Very rough but I see great potential in her.  Frame rails are very bad in the trunk and various locations along the body :'( usual rust in the trunk and floor pans.  Original 383 with original 727 torqueflite and factory AC, still has the *Airtemp by Chrysler* sticker in the passenger quarter window  :icon_smile_big:   Someone tried to turn it into a General Lee   :-\ Im gonna put her back to her mostly original self.  Slow going for a while, gonna strip it down out in my barn and rebuild her one piece at a time..  ive got more pics stuck on my camera but cant find the damn usb adapter cable, once i do ill get the rest posted.  Hope to meet alot of you as my own mopar comes to life over the next few years   :icon_smile_wink:

hellow & welcome :cheers: :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

BrianShaughnessy

Black Betty on Black Friday down by the river (3).  And Sinnamon's old rusty mural decklid hung on the garage wall finally!!!

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

1st_charger

BrianShaughnessy  that is one nice looking charger!!!!!! :drool5:

What did you use for the front spoiler????

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: 1st_charger on November 26, 2010, 05:55:14 PM
BrianShaughnessy  that is one nice looking charger!!!!!! :drool5:

What did you use for the front spoiler????

It's a plastic 69 Camaro spoiler kit you can get anywhere on ebay or whatnot.   Line it up,  drill a couple holes.
There's a center brace rod that goes to the middle / bottom of the spoiler,  if you make that go to the 7/16s bolt that is just in front of the radiator support, it'll line up pretty well.   

I believe there's a longer version also...  but I find the 69 just gets over curbs and stuff without screwing anything up.

JT01

BrianShaughnessy thats VERY SHARP. 1st_Charger Ive been telling you that you need one of those spoilers for yours.

69bronzeT5

SCHWING! I never get tired of seeing Black Betty :cheers: Any new pictures of Sinnamon besides the trunk lid one? I need my dose of T5! :2thumbs:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

PatrickPeeters

Black Betty, does she sounds like the song? looks great!!!!! :drool5:
Patrick  :punkrocka:

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on November 27, 2010, 12:49:52 AM
SCHWING! I never get tired of seeing Black Betty :cheers: Any new pictures of Sinnamon besides the trunk lid one? I need my dose of T5! :2thumbs:

Nothing to brag about except how big the mice built a house in the driver's side vent housing over almost 30 years of sitting around.  ::)

tracpack440

Hi . Im new .  After some very hard times the past couple of years i finished my charger this summer. I did all the work my self except some help with paint and body . I returned every thing to stock original except for the body color. 

a couple of pics.
1969 Charger  R/T SE 4 spd dana

tan top

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on November 30, 2010, 08:23:42 PM
Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on November 27, 2010, 12:49:52 AM

Nothing to brag about except how big the mice built a house in the driver's side vent housing over almost 30 years of sitting around.  ::)

been wondering whats been happening  :yesnod: , looking forward to seeing more pictures as & when  :cheers: :cheers: :yesnod: :popcrn:

Quote from: tracpack440 on December 02, 2010, 02:32:58 AM
Hi . Im new .  After some very hard times the past couple of years i finished my charger this summer. I did all the work my self except some help with paint and body . I returned every thing to stock original except for the body color. 

a couple of pics.

:drool5:  awesome  looking charger TP440 :coolgleamA:
looks good with the centrelines  :yesnod:
no original color Eh , if you don't mind me asking ! what was the original color combo :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Ghoste

Nice car trakpac440.  I like the Centerlines too (and the color).