News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got a pic of your Charger? Post up!......>>>>

Started by Johnny SixPack, July 18, 2005, 03:26:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doctor4766

Quote from: Dino on December 03, 2011, 10:48:30 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on December 03, 2011, 10:30:19 PM
Quote from: doctor4766 on December 03, 2011, 07:02:01 PM
Just came across this pic from a few weeks ago, sporting the new white stripe and all.
Nothing too special bit it looks cool to me.

What do you mean nothing special?  The car looks great man!

:iagree:

Very nice indeed.  I like the taillights.  Did you simply remove the most inner bulbs?

Thanks guys.

Actually aren't the inner ones part of the park lights?
Can't remember atm but it's just the stock set up.
Gotta love a '69

Dino

Quote from: doctor4766 on December 04, 2011, 01:16:20 AM
Thanks guys.

Actually aren't the inner ones part of the park lights?
Can't remember atm but it's just the stock set up.

All three bulbs should be on when parking lights or the headlights are on.  The inners are plain tail lights while the outer two double as brake lights.  It actually looks really nice with just the outer two on.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Dino

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on December 04, 2011, 06:38:31 PM
Maybe all he has on is the brake light?

That would be the correct number of bulbs indeed, but they would be a bit dim me thinks.
This is mine with the parking lights on, engine is not running.  Brake lights are way brighter than those.

Alright doc, what'sthe deal with the lights, we're intrigued here.   :icon_smile_big:

doctor4766

Was just brake lights as it was daytime.
So are y'all saying that all three should be lit up when you hit the brakes?
Gotta love a '69

Dino

Quote from: doctor4766 on December 05, 2011, 02:16:47 AM
Was just brake lights as it was daytime.
So are y'all saying that all three should be lit up when you hit the brakes?

Nope you're good.  Only two light up when you hit the brakes, all three light up when you turn on the lights.  I 'assumed' it was your normal taillights because of the intensity.  My bad, carry on, nothing to see here.   :whistling:

nvrbdn

"these are not the tail lights you are looking for. move along" :nana:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Dino

67Charger440

Here's my pair...  

I've had the '67 since the summer of '99.  She is currently in Silver State Classic Challenge  www.sscc.us open road race trim, but has been a drag racer most of the time I've owned her with a best of 10.75 @ 125.75.  Original 440/727 car, still running the original block but stroked to 496 and putting out 644HP/684lb.ft. on pump gas.  She's run the Silver State 110 and 125 classes with a 140 coming up in May.  The 140 class will allow me to do 165mph.  Not bad for no overdrive.  140 mph is 4900 rpm, trans slipping 1.5% and getting just shy of 11 mpg.

The '68 was a gift from my wife for my 30th B-day in Jan '10.  It is a midlife crisis car that I have to build myself, and since she figured it would take 10 years to finish, I ought to have it right on time for my 40th.  It spent at least 25 years in Mexico and is a nightmare of silt induced rust.  Solid floors and frame, everything else is trashed.She has been thoroughly deconstructed, partially blasted (lost the weather) and is undergoing the cut and past of good metal for bad.

Bob T

Welcome and Good intro with pics 67Charger440   10.75 and open road racing. Good work   :2thumbs:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

greenpigs

I sorta like the holes in the front of the hood on the 68....like a 70 442 scooped hood,if you squint hard enough
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Ghoste

A fastback used for drags and long haul.  Love it.

Hemidog

68X426

Quote from: Hemidog on December 07, 2011, 01:30:43 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on December 07, 2011, 08:05:06 AM
A fastback used for drags and long haul.  Love it.
:iagree: LOVE it!

x3.  :2thumbs:

What about that overdrive? It should be a great addition for your racing. Keep us posted.

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

67Charger440

Thanks for the  :2thumbs:  The ORR was actually my fathers dream, but he didn't have a car for it.  For Christmas I told him if he wanted to fund the necessary parts for the initial change-over to road race, I would convert my drag car for him to run in.  At the time it was running bottom 11's and putting out 609HP at just 5700 and 647lb.ft at 4400.  We ran the numbers, and realized with a custom converter and 2.76's we could do 140 at about 4800 rpm in D.  Running the 125 class would restrict us to 140 anyway, so no overdrive was needed.  Silver State requires you to work our way up the speed indexes.  Your first run is restricted to a max of the 110 class, the second can be up to the 125, the third up to 150, the fourth up to 180, and then you can do "Unlimited".  Since it was his gift I let him drive and I navigated.  We've run the 110 and 125 classes together, and in May of this year, I solo'd for my first run as driver in the 105 class.  Long story short, I lost the engine in the Charger at the qualifier in Vegas 2 days before the real race so I rented an '11 Camaro from Enterprise and ran the 105.  I would have run the 110 but the tires were only rated to 118 and they agreed to let me run if I backed down a class to give a better safety margin.  I had to race something so I could move my way up the brackets as a driver.  With the current setup, I can run the 150 class without straining the engine.  160 will be at 5500 and there is no need to go any higher than that to maintain the needed 150 average even though it certainly can.  My biggest problem is aero.  I have WAY too much air going under the car.  I was hoping the '69 Camaro splitter that everyone uses would work, but it mounts the the '68's valence which is not there on a '67.  I'll be building a 4" dam/splitter that attaches to the bottom of the bumper.  The engine is all back together, and now has ported heads and a better cam and power is right at 644/684.

If someone knows how to post video's off youtube rather than just links, let me know.  I have a couple cool ones from the course workers of the car going by at speed.  I linked them in my previous post.

RIDELIKEHELL

AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

1971 GF7 RT

Here.s my rides - 71 RT and 73 SE
1970 Dodge Challenger RT convertible 440-6 clone
1971 Dodge Charger RT - numbers matching
1973 Dodge Charger SE Brougham - numbers matching
1966 Ford Mustang convertible - numbers matching ( wife's car )

mauve66

great to see a 1st gen going all out at an open road event, thats been my dream for many years too, where ya from?? how far do you have to go each year to get here??  PM me if ya don't want it all out here.
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

67Charger440

I drive up from SoCal to Ely, NV which is about 575 miles each way.  I found a cool pic that was snapped during the run...    136mph (actually reading a little low), 4900 rpm and 1/4 tank of fuel (actual was well over half).  This car, with a few aero tweaks will top out in the 150 class, top speed allowed will be 165.  Any more will require OD.

nvrbdn

i see the gas gauge dropping as i look at the pic. :smilielol:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Ghoste

67Charger440

Quote from: nvrbdn on December 12, 2011, 08:50:16 PM
i see the gas gauge dropping as i look at the pic. :smilielol:

Not as fast as you would expect...  just shy of 11mpg at that speed.

cragarss

tan top

Quote from: 67Charger440 on December 12, 2011, 08:07:56 PM
I drive up from SoCal to Ely, NV which is about 575 miles each way.  I found a cool pic that was snapped during the run...    136mph (actually reading a little low), 4900 rpm and 1/4 tank of fuel (actual was well over half).  This car, with a few aero tweaks will top out in the 150 class, top speed allowed will be 165.  Any more will require OD.

:2thumbs: :2thumbs:   :coolgleamA:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html