News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

real superbird nose hood and wing , on craigs list

Started by moparstuart, December 05, 2009, 05:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hotrod98

I would love to have an extra nose for my car. I never realized that you can't see the headlamps even when opened. I'm bound to tear this nose up eventually.  :yesnod:

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on December 05, 2009, 05:57:53 PM
I would love to have an extra nose for my car. I never realized that you can't see the headlamps even when opened. I'm bound to tear this nose up eventually.  :yesnod:
maybe paul will go get it for you  :icon_smile_big:

A383Wing

I can see the tops of my headlight buckets when they are open....about an inch or so...

hotrod98

I think it's a combination of the air grabber hood being taller and me being shorter.  :icon_smile_big:

Charles Addams

A383Wing

Quote from: hotrod98 on December 05, 2009, 10:19:25 PM
I think it's a combination of the air grabber hood being taller and me being shorter.  :icon_smile_big:

I'm only 5'8"...sitting in the stock '70 seats...I see the headlight buckets just fine....but like you said...might be the air grabber hood....

Wonder if there is a difference in total height between Daytona & 'Bird buckets in relationship to the driver?

moparstuart

:drool5: My head light are up in this pictures and i couldnt see them  ??? I can for sure hear them open  & come up though .

hotrod98

Quote from: moparstuart on December 06, 2009, 09:05:05 AM
:drool5: My head light are up in this pictures and i couldnt see them  ??? I can for sure hear them open  & come up though .

Well, it's obvious from your pic that the air grabber hood shouldn't block the view of the left headlamp.

I'm only 5'8"...sitting in the stock '70 seats...I see the headlight buckets just fine....but like you said...might be the air grabber hood....

Wonder if there is a difference in total height between Daytona & 'Bird buckets in relationship to the driver?

That's a good question. I never checked that when I had the nose on my Daytona clone. I hope to have it back on in a few weeks.
I built my own pivots and I've never been totally pleased with them. Mike at Dayclona is making me a set now for the clone so as soon as they get here, I can get busy asembling the nose. Should have it painted by the time the pivots get here. I'm looking forward to driving the clone when it's finished.

Charles Addams

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

superbirdtom

THATS THAT COBBELED HOOD HE BOUGHT OFF EBAY A COUPLE YEARS AGO iT IS THRASHED PRETTY GOOG\D   THE NOSE LOOKS LIKE IT HAS BEEN WORKED OVER REAL GOOD.  i WOULD NEVER BUY IT UNLESS i SAW IT IN PERSON , THEN YOU WOULD HAVE TO BE AN EXPERT ABOUT NOSECONES LIKE ME SINCE IVE WORKED ON SO MANY OF THEM./   HE THATS WHAT JANEK IS FOR  PUT ONE OF HIS ON AND FORGET ABOUT IT.  JANEK DOES A REALLY NICE JOB.

hotrod98

I still have that Dayclona bird nose that I bought for the clone project. It's a very nice piece. Much better than anything that I've ever seen before.

Charles Addams

PocketThunder

Quote from: moparstuart on December 05, 2009, 05:59:49 PM
maybe paul will go get it for you  :icon_smile_big:
I dont know of any place in Minnesota called New Holstein, there is a town in Wisconsin just North of Milwaukee called New Holstein though.  Maybe thats where he his.  If thats the case i'm not going there..   :nana:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."