News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone near Los Angeles... could look at a car for me? i bought it!.. its home!

Started by PocketThunder, August 04, 2009, 12:28:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PocketThunder

Quote from: MoparManJim on August 15, 2009, 10:00:41 PM
One headlamp is door is open. Like as if she is playing peak and boo.  :smilielol:

Or the mistress is keeping an eye on the wife..   :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

MoparManJim

Quote from: PocketThunder on August 15, 2009, 10:21:13 PM
Quote from: MoparManJim on August 15, 2009, 10:00:41 PM
One headlamp is door is open. Like as if she is playing peak and boo.  :smilielol:

Or the mistress is keeping an eye on the wife..   :icon_smile_big:

Dang, I like that one better then mine! :lol:  :cheers:

Charger-Bodie

Very cool Charger and story Paul!

This is how I would handle the moldings: For now Id leave them on,and Id do so until you (if you ever do) strip it down and repaint it. This way they kinda go with its survivor kinda part of its life.
Then If you strip it down some day,take them off,weld up the holes and never look back.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

BB1

Delete my profile

Dans 68

Very nice, Paul.  :cheers:  Looks like you've got it all (except a '68, that is!  :rofl::2thumbs:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Charger440RDN

PocketThunder

Quote from: 1hot68 on August 16, 2009, 07:49:05 AM
Very cool Charger and story Paul!

This is how I would handle the moldings: For now Id leave them on,and Id do so until you (if you ever do) strip it down and repaint it. This way they kinda go with its survivor kinda part of its life.
Then If you strip it down some day,take them off,weld up the holes and never look back.

Yes, i just checked and they are attached with screws, one every 18" or so.  I will leave them on till i repaint the car, whenever that happens.  Just like you said, they add to the survivor part of the car.  

Paul
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

jb666

I just stumbled on this.  I love the story, and the car!! It's good to hear something with a happy ending once in a while.

Enjoy the new car, I look forward to seeing many pics down the road!!!!  :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Ponch ®

dude, when I showed up and saw that car and the shape it was in, I wanted to buy it from under Paul...but the guy selling it wouldn't take my left nut as payment... ;D
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

autoxcuda

Quote from: Ponch ® on August 16, 2009, 06:04:56 PM
dude, when I showed up and saw that car and the shape it was in, I wanted to buy it from under Paul...but the guy selling it wouldn't take my left nut as payment... ;D

Dude, they're taking all our cars man.   :bawling:   ;) j/k

Cars like this are supposed to offset the double housing costs out here. And to live walking distance from a body of water is about $750K min. for a small lot.  :lol:

Nice score. Seems like a fair price and a match for what you want to do... 

There's a club member that just bought a black on black TX9/TX9 383 4spd bench seat #'s motor/tag Road Runner for around $10K out in the Inland Empire. No rust ever, mostly orginal paint but worn and tons of nicks, no real body damage. Just tune up type stuff and been driving it everywhere. Came with edlebrock heads and runs strong!
Fall Fling 25
Special 25th Anniversary show!

October 24, 2020
Irwindale Dragstrip, Irwindale  CA
www.cpwclub.com
show cars, swap, drags !

Ponch ®

Quote from: autoxcuda on August 16, 2009, 08:09:09 PM
Quote from: Ponch ® on August 16, 2009, 06:04:56 PM

There's a club member that just bought a black on black TX9/TX9 383 4spd bench seat #'s motor/tag Road Runner for around $10K out in the Inland Empire. No rust ever, mostly orginal paint but worn and tons of nicks, no real body damage. Just tune up type stuff and been driving it everywhere. Came with edlebrock heads and runs strong!

The one he drove to the Santa Paula Airport thing? Yeah...that is a nice piece!
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

TUFCAT

six-tee-nine

Nice car and great story.

If I were you, and have such a nice driver I would not think about selling that 500 ever again. Keep it and restore it even if it takes 10 years...
You still have a great car to take out for a drive with your kids. (or to go out leaving black marks on the road after a stressy day of work).
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

hemi68charger

Alright Paul !!!!!
She sure does look great............... nice addition to the garage.......   :2thumbs:   Now, get the towels down in the rear for all those car-seats and go for a ride with the kids and wife.......

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

PocketThunder

Quote from: six-tee-nine on August 17, 2009, 03:10:40 AM
Nice car and great story.

If I were you, and have such a nice driver I would not think about selling that 500 ever again. Keep it and restore it even if it takes 10 years...
You still have a great car to take out for a drive with your kids. (or to go out leaving black marks on the road after a stressy day of work).
If only my money tree would start growing i could afford to do that.   :-\

Quote from: hemi68charger on August 17, 2009, 07:05:28 AM
Alright Paul !!!!!
She sure does look great............... nice addition to the garage.......   :2thumbs:   Now, get the towels down in the rear for all those car-seats and go for a ride with the kids and wife.......

Troy

When the car arrived on the car carrier, a bunch of mouse turds were piled up on the floor under the dash on the pass side.  I feel that i have some extensive cleaning to do.  And the headliner needs to come out, it was home to some critters at one time also.  So when that is cleaned up, then my spouse will ride in it.  :yesnod:

richRTSE

Conrats Paul!  :2thumbs: That didn't take long. It looks good. Definately keep it orange. I see it has the black door buttons, an early-build car? 

So, are you gonna be able to keep the 500 too???

PocketThunder

Quote from: richRTSE on August 18, 2009, 11:06:31 AM
Conrats Paul!  :2thumbs: That didn't take long. It looks good. Definately keep it orange. I see it has the black door buttons, an early-build car? 

Nope, C500 is for sale. 

Not sure when this car was built, does it say on the build sheet?  I dont have the fender tag.

tan top

looks real nice Paul  :drool5:    looks originalish  :coolgleamA: did i spy a twin snorkle  air cleaner  in another picture :scratchchin: 
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

richRTSE

yes, the build date is on the build sheet. I circled it in red. I believe you can have an accurate fender tag made from the build sheet, and for your car I would do it. I'm not sure if you mentioned it or not, but are the engine/trans original also?

Rich

Just 6T9 CHGR

Paul, your car had an SPD of 1/14/69

The dual snorkel air cleaner is correct for an N97 Noise Reduction Package car.....a prequel to a California emissions car of the '70s
Also Paul, your car would have come originally with turn down exhaust tips & not the chrome tips that are on the car now.

The N97 would not be listed on the fender tag but is listed on the BS and also the window sticker (...strange thing is that on a '69 BS there really isnt a "spot" for the N97 designation.....just the #7 in a blank box under the "N Engine Accessories" section
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

hemi68charger

Quote from: PocketThunder on August 18, 2009, 11:58:53 AM
Quote from: richRTSE on August 18, 2009, 11:06:31 AM

Nope, C500 is for sale. 

Not sure when this car was built, does it say on the build sheet?  I dont have the fender tag.

I do believe it's the first three characters of the vehicle order number on the first line. There should be three characters, a line, then 6 other characters. All 9 characters should be under the "Vehicle Order Number" header.  So for example, if the first three are 710, then it's July 10th..........

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

PocketThunder

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on August 18, 2009, 12:21:56 PM
Paul, your car had an SPD of 1/14/69

Ok, thanks, i was just digging out the build sheet to look and then i read further down to your post.   :2thumbs: 

charge-it

Great score! Now you have all that clean sheetmetal to fix the 500 with...
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

Brock Samson

:o  Wow! When i left there were only a few posts on this thread,..
What a great score, Cali sure has alot of character,.. a real Calif. "Black Plate Special".
I notice the speakers in the door, how about some more pics?...
'n I love the new deluxe garage illumination, fitting somehow...  :yesnod:

CONGRATS!  :2thumbs:

oldrock

+1 more pics! It is a fantastic looking charger you found there. Really going to be a fun project for you and I hope your kids get the chance to enjoy it too  ;) I would imagine that son of yours will want to drive it in about 10 years or so.