News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone know who owns C500 XX29L9B232014? **FOUND!!!***

Started by Just 6T9 CHGR, August 11, 2009, 09:26:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Quote from: hemigeno on August 20, 2009, 09:13:12 AM

I don't know that I'd assume a factory sunroof C500 actually existed if it has a connection to Mr. Snobar.

:Twocents:

To those that asked about the C500's with sunroofs. I don't know Mr. Snobar or the controversy over at moparts, but I would think it relatively easy to add a sunroof to a car...... Remember the cool white Superbird that came back from the dead with a sunroof?
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Ghoste

Nor I but I do think that an option like a sunroof which was a farmed out operation whether done at Creative or not would be a hard one to get added to any homologation car.  What with their tight deadlines and all.  :shruggy: :Twocents:

hemigeno

Quote from: Ghoste on August 20, 2009, 09:28:32 AM
Nor I but I do think that an option like a sunroof which was a farmed out operation whether done at Creative or not would be a hard one to get added to any homologation car.  What with their tight deadlines and all.  :shruggy: :Twocents:
:iagree:

nascarxx29

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

maxwellwedge

Quote from: Ghoste on August 20, 2009, 09:28:32 AM

I agree. Like a friend always says, "Show me the build sheet".

American Sunroof was the installer Chrysler used.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

69_500

So Chris, did the owner of the car get the engine? I had a heck of a time finding his phone number, I tend to write them down on scraps of paper without names, and then pile them up once I get home here on the computer desk.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Danny, I emailed the guy that contacted me originally for an update last week with no reply....JohnTPR emailed me the Moparts link
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

white

A383Wing

Quote from: white on November 22, 2013, 10:31:00 PM
Wow this cars vin# is 1 digit away from mine!

I heard the Chargers were taken off the line 3 in a row at a time...I could be wrong on this

RallyeMike

Well this is kind of an old thread, but in response to the "69 Hemi 500 Sunroof Question", I am 99.9% certain that this is a mixup with Snobar's Hemi sunroof Charger RT that is a 1970. It was mentioned as a side note in an MCG issue maybe 15+ years ago along with a single photo if anyone wants to hunt it down. Helluva car!

When I was looking over Snobar's 69 F3 500 440/AT AC PW car this summer, I asked him if he still had the 70 Hemi Sunroof car and he said yes - and it is still packed away and unrestored. He has had owned both of these cars for decades.

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

DonC1

I visited Ben's place years ago and saw the 70 Hemi Sunroof car...red with a black vt.( He is/was in Olympia. WA at the time.

472 R/T SE

Seen Snobar's C500 this summer up @ Sunbust.  What a time capsule.  The car next to his was actually cooler, a car that was given to Mike from Rocket Restorations out of the guy's will.  A '68 Charger with like 200k miles & only the tranny rebuilt.  This car was my favorite of the show, full of patina.  It was awesome.  The guy's other car, a '69 Charger R/T was willed to Mike's mechanic.  Talk about benefits'.  :o

Do you have the C500 info Danny, Ghoste?

I don't know if I'd be running on those tires & I'm positive he drove it.  As the crow flies he couldn't have been more than 50 miles from home, maybe that's why he drove?   :shruggy:
I asked & he said he had like 127 cars.  He started rattling them off & I lost track.  Several aero cars' amongst others'.

I don't know about his business dealings' nor have I ever dealt with him.  But the little I have he's always been top notch & more than anything was a joy to BS with.  I think I lost an hour talking to him.  Either I'm a good listener or Mopar folks' like to talk  :smilielol:.  As a matter of fact he was gonna try & save me a couple blemish base plates' so I could attempt having a correct '70 made for the Stage V intake.  

white

Would be great to park my car next to C500 XX29L9B232014 just like they were on the assembly line. ;D

69_500

Yeah I have the fender tag info to the F3 car. But do not know mr. Snowbar personally.

Ghoste

I have yet to do any touring around the northwest corner of the US, I need to hit a big Mopar show there someday.

Ghoste

Quote from: white on November 23, 2013, 08:29:24 AM
Would be great to park my car next to C500 XX29L9B232014 just like they were on the assembly line. ;D

I agree, that would be cool to see.  :yesnod:

A383Wing

Quote from: Ghoste on November 24, 2013, 03:11:27 PM
I have yet to do any touring around the northwest corner of the US, I need to hit a big Mopar show there someday.

we got 2 big ones every year, one in May, the other in August

472 R/T SE

Quote from: Ghoste on November 24, 2013, 03:11:27 PM

Yes.  Yes you do.

We live 5 miles away (as the crow flies) from PDX, the Portland, Or. airport.  Troy can vouch that it can get warm out here.  While he was here for the DC.com meet, it was the only time of the year that it got that hot.

Anywhere, any show you want to go to.   :2thumbs:

A383Wing

I'm 10 miles from airport...could also use a chauffeur to shows as well

white