News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ball Park Final Paint Est on Gen 3

Started by Beer, August 12, 2009, 03:19:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beer

OK the major body work is done.

The car is a rolling chasis and the shop has made a nice chunk of change from me so far...I am all paid up and even...

I am gonna give the body shop the green light to paint, what should be I be asking for (clearcoat etc...) and what is a ballpark est of what I can expect to pay (without feeling like I overpaid for the paint job ???)...

1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

hemi-hampton

All depends on how much blocking needs to be done & how nice of a job you want & the Quality of the Materials used. Last week I picked up paint for a car I'm painting & it was almost $2,000 just for paint & clear. On another guys car, A friend of mine a few years ago wanting low Budget I picked up a gallon of Omni Single stage with hardener & reducer for under $100.  LEON.

moparguy01

it all depends on how much you want to spend. You can go crazy. I have a gallon of prowler orange paint that I paid 452 dollars for. thats just the paint too. but I did my 64 polara in plum crazy purple for about 250 total for everything.

bull

I got three quotes from three different places when I was where you are now: $5k, $7k and $10k. I went with the $5k place and now I'm spending another $750 at the third shop to fix the engine compartment screw-ups made by the first shop. It seems to be a regional thing IMO depending on govt. regulations and hourly rates. everyone around here tells me I got a deal at $5k but it seems that I hear a lot from people in smaller/rural/less regulated areas that $5k is pretty spendy. I won't tell you how much I have in just the bodywork alone. :o

Beer

Quote from: bull on August 13, 2009, 10:17:18 PM
I won't tell you how much I have in just the bodywork alone. :o

LOL yep you don't have to tell me that, I already feel that pain!

Going to guess 7k, but each time I "authorize" work and a $ amount he is consistantly 1k over...

I will have the estimate probably end of the month.  Work should be done by Mid Sept and I can bring it home and start reaasembly.
1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...