News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Remember these days......SAD.

Started by The70RT, August 16, 2009, 11:35:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The70RT

I remember back in the day you seen pics like this all the time. Anyone else got any. Mixed emotions....kinda cool....but then again sad  :-\
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

tan top

seen a few pictures like that ,  sad to think how many mopars & other  proud  muscle  cars ended their days like that  :cryin:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Todd Wilson

It is sad but it is part of the process in all automobiles and will continue in the future.  Everything eventually dies one way or the other.  Theres a gold mine in parts in just that picture alone but on the other hand if all those cars will still around then the antiques we have now would really not be worth much. Its a vicious circle.

Todd

hemi-hampton

I remember watching a old 70's show like Rockford Files or Starskey & Hutch or something like that & they were at a Junkyard. In the background I could see the unmistakable wing of either a Daytona or Superbird. This car was on top of the pile way back in corner, maybe up 2 or 3 cars high. LEON.

John_Kunkel

I wonder how much of the stuff I have is descended from the scrap steel in those beauties.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Tilar

I remember seeing that sort of thing all the time, just not stacked quite that high though.  There is a wrecking yard about 20 minutes from me that still has old cars like that stacked around his perimeter fence. It's sad to look at but the cars that are around the fence have been picked clean of anything usable.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

tan top

Quote from: hemi-hampton on August 16, 2009, 04:50:43 PM
I remember watching a old 70's show like Rockford Files or Starskey & Hutch or something like that & they were at a Junkyard. In the background I could see the unmistakable wing of either a Daytona or Superbird. This car was on top of the pile way back in corner, maybe up 2 or 3 cars high. LEON.

yeah i remember tv shows like that !!   i use to record them & freeze frame  by frame looking in the back ground :scope:  :popcrn: :coolgleamA: when they showed re runs  :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Magnumcharger

There was a yard not far from my house back when I was a little kid. I would have been between six and ten years old, so 1968 to 72.
I'd crawl under the fence and play in all of the old cars, which looked just like that picture!
Heck...I'd even crawl up mountains of stacked cars to get to sit in the top one!

Car crazy Kid!
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

mopar73

Magnumcharger

This is the picture that kicks the shit out of me!

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Magnumcharger on August 17, 2009, 08:36:54 PM
This is the picture that kicks the shit out of me!

Same here.....what a waste :rotz:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

hemi-hampton

I took some Pics in a Junkyard back around Mid 80's that would nock your socks off. Not only Muscle cars stacked on top of each other but Harley Earl Protypes also like 4 door 1953 ish Corvette & other funky tilt rear clip 50's vette, ect. The film never got devoloped & my Mom tells out of the 30 rolls of old undeveloped 80's film she has it's probably in there but also probavbly no good  after 25+ years. Does anybody think I oughta try to get this old film developed & possibly just wast money? LEON.

The70RT

Quote from: hemi-hampton on August 17, 2009, 11:19:04 PM
I took some Pics in a Junkyard back around Mid 80's that would nock your socks off. Not only Muscle cars stacked on top of each other but Harley Earl Protypes also like 4 door 1953 ish Corvette & other funky tilt rear clip 50's vette, ect. The film never got devoloped & my Mom tells out of the 30 rolls of old undeveloped 80's film she has it's probably in there but also probavbly no good  after 25+ years. Does anybody think I oughta try to get this old film developed & possibly just wast money? LEON.

I could ask one of our photography teachers here where I work. If they say it might be worth trying, I could see if I can get it done for cheap or maybe even free.

Blown70

Yep took some photos a couple of years ago and posted them here.... some nice stuff on the bottom.... :icon_smile_blackeye:

The70RT

Quote from: Blown70 on August 17, 2009, 11:33:56 PM
Yep took some photos a couple of years ago and posted them here.... some nice stuff on the bottom.... :icon_smile_blackeye:

Do you have the link or can you post them again?

Blown70

Quote from: The70RT on August 17, 2009, 11:43:14 PM
Quote from: Blown70 on August 17, 2009, 11:33:56 PM

Do you have the link or can you post them again?

Was trying to find it, I may have to download them again... I cannot find the thread

71_Charger_R/T

I took some Pics in a Junkyard back around Mid 80's that would nock your socks off. Not only Muscle cars stacked on top of each other but Harley Earl Protypes also like 4 door 1953 ish Corvette & other funky tilt rear clip 50's vette, ect. The film never got devoloped & my Mom tells out of the 30 rolls of old undeveloped 80's film she has it's probably in there but also probavbly no good  after 25+ years. Does anybody think I oughta try to get this old film developed & possibly just wast money? LEON.

Bring them to a place like Target or Wal-mart and get em developed..... if they come out decent, pay for them and bring em home..... if they don't, Just leave them there and they will send them back after a certain amount of time and recycle the reclaimable materials. That way if it works, Great! if it don't, No sweat  :shruggy:

Tilar

Definitely. About 5 years ago we took in a roll of film that had to be from the early 60's and got it developed. All but a few turned out.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

The70RT

Quote from: 71_Charger_R/T on August 17, 2009, 11:54:33 PM

Bring them to a place like Target or Wal-mart and get em developed..... if they come out decent, pay for them and bring em home..... if they don't, Just leave them there and they will send them back after a certain amount of time and recycle the reclaimable materials. That way if it works, Great! if it don't, No sweat  :shruggy:

Sounds like a plan.

Magnumcharger

I've done it. Here's how it goes:
The emulsion of the film gets harder and the dyes imbedded in it age poorly, but the silver base still retains an image, so what you'll probably end up with is a bunch of pictures where there is an image, but the color is screwed.
Not the worst thing to have happen, and correctable in some image programs, such as Photoshop.