News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone Use The Air Grabber"Conversion Kit"On A Power Bulge Hood From PG Classics

Started by 71 B5383, July 22, 2008, 09:41:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

71 B5383

I recently seen this kits online after a friend told me about how he had just bought one at Carlilse from a vendor. They go for $999 and include most of what you need with exception of the switch in the car,and 1 or 2 other things.The frame for the hole for the door,the door itself,and all the hard parts seem to be included. It does'nt come with the aircleaner,and I'm sure I saw the aircleaner box for the hood for sale seperately. They are available for the 'Runners and Chargers,(Charger in my case,he bought 1 for his 'Runner). Anybody use one of these "poor man's" airgrabber set ups for either car and do you have any before during,or after pics. It looks to be a great alternative to the real thing,just want some feedback and/or thoughts. I know it's a hell of alot cheaper than the real thing! Lookin for true POSITIVE feedback,I'm not looking to hear from talking asses!  :slap:  Thanks all.   :cheers:
Should've Kept My '66,That Was 6 Cars Ago
Currently-
  Rust Free 71(383,GB5,HardTop) Charger
  Soon To Be An FJ5 Stock 69 440 Magnum'd 3.55'd
   Correct "LOOKING" Super Wanna Bee
        (by the way,gotta 71 Super Bee hood 4 sale?)
           some cash and my 72 Power Bulge hood?

280bb0

Would love to add that to my 72 I have bought things from them and they have been great . I also have been looking at the fiberglass hood that already has the air grabber door they go for around 600.00 still after getting all the parts its going to be around a 2000.00 plus investment.

my73charger

The door from PG Classics, is this the correct stuff for the power bulge hood?  I wonder how I could make this work on my fiberglass power bulge hood?  I would be happy to get it to open and close manually.  Truthfully it would be open all the time anyway.  I found this air grabber being offered on a Dodge Ram but so far I can't get ahold of these people:  http://www.cincyramairhoods.com/dodgehood/0207ramairgrabber.html

451-74Charger

Thats funny right there

As for http://www.cincyramairhoods.com
Troy, myself and a few other live near them (Cincy), however through my Firebird buddies, I had been told to stay clear of them, as their products were not a very good fit.
I believe they have several names, (I think hood4sale is just one), and trade on Ebay with hoods they havent even produced at the time, making them if the demands are high enough. (This i cannot prove but was told when I asked about picking up, was told it would take a coulpe weeks to produce, even if I did the Buy it now)

Good luck on getting a hold of them (1 once called about a hood for my T/A)

superbirdtom

I would check with    www.aarqualityfiberglass.com   I painted a hod from them and it was very good quality.  Don't know if they have what you want but I am sure they can put you in right direction.

my73charger

Thanks for the tips guys.  Good to know about Cincy Hoods.  I can't even get them to respond to anything so I won't worry about dealing with them.  I have tried email, phone and fax with no responses.  Maybe they are relocating to a new spot to scam folks...  Anyway it looks like I can get what I need from PG Classics.  I have to save some coin though.

superbirdtom

A lot of companies nowadays are expiditers. they have no stock no storefront  nothing, and its kinda like selling amway.  so I always always thoroughly check a place out before spending your money.  best place to ask is on this forum.