News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Please help!

Started by jar1292, August 20, 2009, 10:41:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jar1292

OK this is in the 70 charger regestery. ive been having dreams of this color! (really) can anybody give a paint code or the info on the guy who owns this wonderful car. ive never seen this tint and want this to be my color on my 70. if its special and he wants it for himself i understand but it would really complete my build! and my dreams... :drool5:
Restoring a charger is like a saying I heard along time ago "I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it".... Jesus I wish I could remember who said that...

hemi-hampton

jar1292

ya i know it really douse I seen your thread and have been meaning to chat with you it looks really similar. and GREAT may I add. honestly if it ain't the same I was gunna opt for that color! it loooks awesome. what are the specs on that color? is it readily attainable? and what made you go with that color?
Restoring a charger is like a saying I heard along time ago "I never said it would be easy, I only said it would be worth it".... Jesus I wish I could remember who said that...

hemi-hampton

What made me go for the Color, I liked the Color on Pistol Petes Charger. Click on link. LEON.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,21989.0.html

hemi-hampton

There is 4 different variations on the color going from light to darker. I went with the darkest. Color is suppose to only be available in Factory Pak in Pint size from what I've been told. I was lucky to get 1 1/2 gallons mixed non factory pak. But espensive at around $700-$800 a gallon. LEON.

jar1292

leon, with that color im sorry the price tag is priceless. with the first show, and i think you will agree, it will be well worth it, with the looks that you get! thanks for pointing me in the right direction. if i have any more questions can i pm you?

hemi-hampton

YES.

P.S.  Anybody know what ever happened to Pistole Pete, Don't think he ever posted completed Pics :scratchchin: :shruggy:  LEON.

Shakey

That '70 looks like Chris G's (moderator on the '70 site and a member here) which I believe is Burnt Orange.  Not 100% on that.

Pistol Pete sold his car either right after it was complete or just before.  I recall Pete choosing a colour that was available on a newer car, possible the Charger.  I think I saw some pics at the time (2 years ago  :shruggy: )

Just 6T9 CHGR

Yes, thats Chris G's car.....the color is FK5 Burnt Orange Metallic

The color really pops in the sun...
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

hemi-hampton

My 70 has the original FK5 Burnt orange & I dont think it looks like Chris G's? Pistol Petes color & the Color I used is code #PVE, 2006 Chrysler Go Mango. LEON.

TylerCharger69

Looks like the same color in a trunk thread here...I believe it's called "Go Mango"....type that in the forum search engine and you will find it....along with pics of the trunk...one with just the base coat, and one with the clear coat over it....gorgeous color by the way!!!    Good choice!!

hemi-hampton

:scratchchin:  hmmmmm, never heard of it or seen that thread :eyes:

p.s. does anybody actually read anything i write :shruggy:

jar1292

TylerCharger69

OOps....sorry, my bad.  I just looked at the pic and posted aimlessly.  Hemihampton....sorry about that.....but on the good side,  The GO MANGO trunk DID stick out in my head....Very, very good choice in color!!!  Very tasteful color!!!  That is one of the most impressive colors I have ever seen!!!

hemi-hampton

OK, I forgive you. :pity:  LEON.

TylerCharger69

LOL...Cool...I should've read all the posts before....posting. I tend to do that sometimes :icon_smile_blackeye:

Troy

That picture of Chris' car was taken inside under fluorescent lights - most likely with a digital camera and then digitally edited. The color correction could be all over the place. That doesn't mean the cars wouldn't match if sitting side by side.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

jar1292

thanks for the skepticism troy! i know you have good intentions but it is also a dream crusher! J/K you do mean well.... And THANK YOU for all that you and your moderators do! you may not have an idea of what this site means to me, but lets just say its a close  :2thumbs: friend...

Troy

The factory burnt orange is an awesome color. It sort of looks like Root Beer. The newer Go Mango is definitely more orange. I like them both. I probably have more pictures of Chris' car in the sun somewhere.

Troy

Chris G.

Quote from: Troy on August 22, 2009, 12:15:56 PM
most likely with a digital camera and then digitally edited.

I didn't take the pic so I couldn't say if it was "digitally edited" or not. I doubt it though.

My car was painted years before the GoManGo color came out. Side by side there is a difference. PM me and I will try to help you with what paint was used.

Troy

Quote from: Chris G. on August 23, 2009, 11:22:36 AM
Quote from: Troy on August 22, 2009, 12:15:56 PM
most likely with a digital camera and then digitally edited.

I didn't take the pic so I couldn't say if it was "digitally edited" or not. I doubt it though.
I added that because digital cameras always apply color correction and a lot of photo editing (resizing/cropping) software will as well. Just saying that could be a reason why yours and Leon's wouldn't look the same when comparing pictures on the web. It's definitely not the same as GoMango and it is one of my favorite colors.

Troy

hemi-hampton

His Pics with out the Sun on it looked pretty similar to mine. Mine does not look as bright in the Sun. Maybe because mine is 2 coats Acrylic Enamel while Chris's is many coats of Base/Clear? LEON.

Chris G.

Quote from: hemi-hampton on August 23, 2009, 12:12:55 PM
Maybe because mine is 2 coats Acrylic Enamel while Chris's is many coats of Base/Clear? LEON.

Probably Leon.

Vinyl tops also have an effect on how the color looks. It's a shame all K5 cars weren't painted hardtops... :P :D

Thanks Troy!  :wave:

Brock Samson

thought i'd add a pic to this tread of the modern go-mango.. this is on Dans68s car which has won alot of awards and i have noticed alot of cars being completed recently are this color, 'n not just MOPARs either...
i have to agree Chris Gs car is one of the nicer '70s i have seen if only in Pics...  :drool5:

GreenMachine

I'm not sure what color this is, but I couldn't take my eyes off it. Not sure who the owner is, but it was at a local show last year and I snapped a few pics of it. It was there again this year at the same show, so I got some more pics. I'm sure if it shows up again next year I'll be getting even more pics.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

jar1292

omg you guys are amazing in helping me with my color selection im really blown away by how many different cars you guys have pics of posted and I have not seen these before.(wierd!) they are all stunning! now im starting to relize with all these pics it is gunna be a real hard decision as what if i pick the wrong one! thanks for all the help!!!

hemi-hampton

The right one would be Code #PVE. :scratchchin:  LEON.

jar1292

the right code to witch car??? im confused? :scratchchin:

hemi-hampton

Depends, If you want the factory 70 color like whats on Chris's car go with #FK5 Burnt Orange metallic. If you like those other colors you see on my Trunk, That AAR Cuda, Pistol Petes Charger, ect, go with #PVE. Choice is yours, Pick a winner.  :shruggy: LEON.

troy.70R/T

Here is the fender tag from my 70 Charger Burnt orange interior and paint with an alligator grain vinyl top. the code is FK5