News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2.5 or 3 inch drop rear leaf springs

Started by pat, January 23, 2016, 02:02:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pat

Hello guys, does anyone have a pair of 2.5 or 3 inch drop leaf springs for rear of my 69 charger? thanks Pat

303 Mopar

you want to lower the rear of your car 3"?  Can you use a spacer?
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

myk

3 inches?  And I thought the Hotchkis leafs were crazy with a 1 inch drop...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

303 Mopar

Quote from: myk on January 24, 2016, 09:38:54 AM
3 inches?  And I thought the Hotchkis leafs were crazy with a 1 inch drop...

:iagree:  For a 3" drop you might have to install air bags.   :eek2:
1968 Charger - 1970 Cuda - 1969 Sport Satellite Convertible

Highbanked Hauler

I put 1 in. spacer blocks in mine and with a full load of fuel the body was almost sitting on the rubber stop on the rear end.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

HPP

Depends on what springs he is starting with. Could be there are SS springs under it now and once the springs are in hand, we'll have a post about why don't my drop springs bolt into place.

How many posts have we seen with questions about stock, SS, and XHD difference from guys thinking they are all similar.

odcics2

Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on January 25, 2016, 09:50:54 AM
I put 1 in. spacer blocks in mine and with a full load of fuel the body was almost sitting on the rubber stop on the rear end.

Just an fyi - For the 200 mph run, the #88 Daytona used a flat spring, (1,300# per inch rate) with 2" blocks. The rear rails are notched out severely and plated for reinforcement. Plenty of room.
I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

garner7555

I put the Hotchkis lowering springs in mine since that seemed to be the highest quality lowering spring available (at least as far as handling goes).  If that isn't low enough for me once I get the car completely assembled and give the springs some time to "settle in" then I plan to add a small block between the axle and spring.    :shruggy:   :Twocents:
69 Charger 440 resto-mod