News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

AM 8 tracks and 3 speaker dash experts ?

Started by moparstuart, August 23, 2009, 04:00:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedodgeboys

Quote from: tan top on September 06, 2011, 06:12:24 PM
did the speaker dash setup !!  have a rear speaker too ??

Not in a convertible  :nana:   :eek2: one in every crowd...

moparstuart

Quote from: thedodgeboys on September 06, 2011, 08:27:41 PM
Quote from: tan top on September 06, 2011, 06:12:24 PM
did the speaker dash setup !!  have a rear speaker too ??

Not in a convertible  :nana:   :eek2: one in every crowd...
yeah hide them where ever you can 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Mr. Lee

Break in on this old post but I have a related question.

I'm converting my standerd dash into a 3-speakerdash at the moment. Speakers, harness and 8-track player are in, now the crossoverbox needs to get in.

I know this box is somewhere behind the glovebox. Anyone got a pic where it is located? Thanks in advance.

Serge

Wingnut426

I can't offer a picture, but I can tell you where it sits. It is screwed to the right top of the glove box liner. The cardboard liner has two holes punched out so you can lay the crossover box on top of the box and the screws go through the liner into the metal of the crossover. Hope this helps, WINGNUT
HEMI Daytona Convertible

Mr. Lee

Quote from: Wingnut426 on February 12, 2024, 09:50:06 PMI can't offer a picture, but I can tell you where it sits. It is screwed to the right top of the glove box liner. The cardboard liner has two holes punched out so you can lay the crossover box on top of the box and the screws go through the liner into the metal of the crossover. Hope this helps, WINGNUT

Thanks Wingnut, I'll check out the liner for the holes  :2thumbs:

Mr. Lee

Quote from: Wingnut426 on February 12, 2024, 09:50:06 PMThe cardboard liner has two holes punched out so you can lay the crossover box on top of the box and the screws go through the liner into the metal of the crossover.

Got the glovebox out and the holes are there. Crossover doesn't line up with the holes.

Is my crossover not an 1969 model perhaps? Or are the holes in the wrong place in the aftermarket glovebox?

See here:

https://flic.kr/p/2pxWyqM

https://flic.kr/p/2pxWyqG

Wingnut426

Your crossover has a 1970 date code. From what I remember, my crossover in my 69 Charger is wider. Pete
HEMI Daytona Convertible

Mr. Lee

Quote from: Wingnut426 on February 13, 2024, 09:07:47 PMYour crossover has a 1970 date code. From what I remember, my crossover in my 69 Charger is wider. Pete

That explanes it  :2thumbs:
Thanks for your help Pete.

Serge

AKcharger

Little late to the party here but I have an under dash unit and getting to the dash speaker is a nighmare! so I wired those lil' 3x5's under the dash on drivers side and inside the dick panel on pax side. now it sounds like crap but its an 8-8track so there's no real expectation of quality anyway
on a related note just yesterday bought these off FB market place. I just wanted the RUSH tapes but found a bunch of good one. might be willing to let the Englebert Humperdinck tapes go cheap lol