News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ever have this happen?

Started by mopar0166, August 27, 2009, 07:16:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mopar0166

wish the claim adjuster would answer his PHONE!  :flame:

tripleblkr/t

I had the same thing happen to my hood a couple of weeks ago when I was working the bugs out of it driving up and down my subdivision. Mine was totally my fault as I just had it bungeed down to take it for a slow spin to try the car out and my bungee must of shot of at some point and my hood came up and looks exactly like yours now. I was only going 15 mph and it looks just like yours. All the latches are being sand blasted and redone so I didn't have them. I'm just glad it didn't take out my new windshield and hit my roof. Time to order up an AMD charger hood for it, I was going to get one for it any way just didn't know it was going to be this soon(lol). 

mopar0166

looks like with a little presistent calling, the check is in the mail and im looking over my amd catelog right now for a new hood and fenders :cheers:

b5blue

Add a new latch assembly also, did you figure out why it happened :scratchchin:?

mopar0166

wish i knew?  a new latch safet and hood pins to be ordered

Mike DC

The "Dukes" crew started chaining the hoods shut from below after one too many accidents with hoods.  One time the rear edge of the hood ended up going back through the windshield opening and the driver almost lost his head over it. 

TylerCharger69

Yep....the structure has been compromised right at the hinge point.....Damn.......that sucks

SeattleCharger

:o   did that on my bronco one snowy day, going about 35-40.   ya, the weird slow motion rising, then the sudden fast gaining of speed as it gets vertical and you apply brakes without being able to see SH$# :o,  but mine caught at the raised position, bent hinges a little, hood fine,  had to put some small wood blocks under hinge and gently close it on them to straighten things out with the hinges, guess I was lucky the hood and fenders weren't hurt.
  I forgot to close the hood all the way after checking the trans fluid at the gas station,  :brickwall: so I guess the safety latch didn't work so great,   :icon_smile_blackeye:

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Arigmaster

I had a '70 Demon years ago and had the problem with the latch coming loose and open on a few ocassions... The secondary caught it but I got a bit paranoid and ended up putting in a safety cable. I put some chrome eye bolts into the hood inner structure and bolted plastic coated cables to the radiator saddle between the radiator and headlights. The cables had a regular chrome dog leash clip on them that I put on the eye bolts. There was only enough slack in them for me to reach in and disconnect them.

mopar0166

well the check cleared and il being putting in an order to AMD for new parts to day and getting qoutes later this week for paint. 

mopar0166

yeah the whole thing has to painted again, guess it gives me time to get some more minor things correct with my body

Brock Samson

really sorry this happened,..
i used to use a bicycle chain through the hood latch which then dropped low enough to unlock (key) from behind the Lic. plate. I haven't used the method in many years now, I did it to keep folks out from under the hood, after i had a battery stolen back in the '80s. worked about as well as hood pins i fuggure.

SeattleCharger

Quote from: Brock Samson on September 23, 2009, 01:58:53 PM
really sorry this happened,..
i used to use a bicycle chain through the hood latch which then dropped low enough to unlock (key) from behind the Lic. plate. I haven't used the method in many years now, I did it to keep folks out from under the hood, after i had a battery stolen back in the '80s. worked about as well as hood pins i fuggure.

redneck hoodpins    :lol:

(good idea though)

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.