News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Has anyone even known a Klepto?..

Started by Brock Samson, September 23, 2009, 01:41:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

has anyone?..
Reason I ask is I recently went to a longtime friends' house warming/pool party, they bought this really nice place north of Sacramento on a few acres, pool, three car garage, nice place.
We used to be in the Band togeather,.. anyhow we were chilling in his Den/family room and when he left to go do something i checked out his CD DVD and VHS video collection, to my suprise i found at least a dozen of my old missing cassette tapes, DVDs and VHS tapes there, some had gone missing from my car, the studio, and my home, many, many years ago,.. some back in the '80s. We haven't been hanging out since the band broke up in '99. so recently it hasn't been a problem.
But of course I was pretty suprised. I was especially suprised that some of the music tapes and CDs were ones he specificly said he didn't like when we originally listened to them, complaind bittery about them in some cases.
I didn't mention it to him, but i did take them all out to my car, returned to the party said my goodbyes and left.
I know that this maybe not the only thing he took, as in that same time frame money and jewerly also went missing.
It's bugging me I'm feeling like WTF!?.. but of course we're not very close anymore either...

:shruggy:

bigred68

Jeebus! Ya know, whats happened to you sucks and yet, is kinda' weird surreal if you will.
I think about all the things in the last ten years that have dissapeared from me... Cd's, tapes, small amounts of money, jackets, magizines, etc... I gotta wonder how I would feel finding almost everything AT ONE TIME!!, AT ONE PLACE!!, at MY (former) BUDDY'S PLACE!! Very odd. Brock the coolest, yet most unusal things seem to happen to you. Now, I hafta' wonder, how did him and his wife afford such a lavish lifestyle? They move on to bigger and better things? Good for you snagin your stuff back. Could you have provin it was yours if his wife would've said "Hey Dave, where you goin with that stuff?" What or rather were you prepared to say something to him or her if you got caught? THAT would be a difficult situation.
Goin back for more stuff?  Gonna make a phone call?
BTW. I'm glad you got some of your things back, now that your thinking about it.. What else is missing?
:cheers:

Brock Samson

Nope I'm just writing him off... the story is alittle bit denser then what I discribed, some of the blame lies with me for not making better choices of friends. In those days though... I was willing to cut corners in some ways to play music. Some folks had actually warned me about him, saying he was self centered and a manipulator,.. I stood by him though, loyalty don't ya' know?..
I, though not without blame, have been a better friend to some then they to me. Why I'm a lone wolf now I guess.

Ponch ®

Maybe he wasn't a klepto. Who knows, maybe he was on drugs and needed to sell the stuff for $. the reason he still had your DVD's and Cd's is that he probably couldn't find a buyer for your Rockwell and Morris Day box sets...
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

RECHRGD

Back in 68/69 I had a roomate that just could not help himself from shoplifting.  I had to quit going shopping with him because he would always have something stuffed under his shirt or jacket.  He drove truck for a local delivery service and would constantly come home at night with a box or two of something that he didn't have a clue what it was.  He came from a good family and didn't need for anything.  Every day was just like Xmas for him and he never got caught.  Last I heard of him, (1970) he had gotten married and moved to Sacramento.  Must be the same guy! :smilielol: :smilielol:
13.53 @ 105.32

Silver R/T

that sucks that your friends would do this to you
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Khyron

Quote from: Ponch ® on September 23, 2009, 03:12:07 PM
$. the reason he still had your DVD's and Cd's is that he probably couldn't find a buyer for your Rockwell and Morris Day box sets...

damn you! I just choked on my soda!

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Brock Samson

I'm gonna list a few...
George Clinton - 3.
Bad Brains
Madhouse (Prince spinoff minus prince and really good too)
Jessie Johnson (The Time's Guitarist)
Eddie Hazel Games Dames and Guitar thangs
first two Cassettes from 2PAC
VHS drag racing Compolation '1970.
Jimi Plays Berkeley.
I didn't see any records (LPs to you younguns). but I wonder?..  :scratchchin:

bull

Quote from: Khyron on September 23, 2009, 03:31:34 PM
Quote from: Ponch ® on September 23, 2009, 03:12:07 PM
$. the reason he still had your DVD's and Cd's is that he probably couldn't find a buyer for your Rockwell and Morris Day box sets...

damn you! I just choked on my soda!

Haven't you people learned to refrain from drinking beverages while reading messages posted here?

Brock, while he was out you should have just grabbed up all your stuff and left. Then he'd probably be wondering the same thing about you. ;)

Brock Samson

bigred68

Brock, Ya gotta admit the Morris Day, (just a guess on ponch's behalf) Madhouse, Prince relationship thing is kinda' amusing :yesnod:
How was it put to me once? "Its not the circumstance, but rather the circumstances"  ;D

bull

BigRed66

Quote from: Brock Samson on September 23, 2009, 03:50:39 PM
Jessie Johnson (The Time's Guitarist)

...Jessie...N-now, Jerome! Oh-wee-oh-wee-oh!
"...between the velvet lies, there's a truth that's hard as steel..."

b5blue

Brock I know how you feel, my best buddy hooked up with a "Klepto chick" and crap started going missing. Years later he was showing me photos of he and her on the beach in Guam and damn if he wasn't wearing the OP swimming trunks that disappeared from my house right after I bought them! (he didn't know she stole them from me)  :flame: 

chargergirl

Friend of mine was very careful about getting a roommate and thought it would be great to have someone there while she traveled...a lot. After a long trip she gets home and all her jewelry is gone. She really trusted this girl, so she sat her down and asked if there was anyone else that came over etc. The girls face pales and she goes in her room to the ferretts cage and pulls out all the stops...looks behind her dresser and low and behold the jewelry is hidden throughout the girls room. My friend then kept fakes in the box so he could steal it and good stuff in safe. I've had roommates that used my things as their own...that's why early on I quit that.
Trust your Woobie!

Brock Samson

Brock, while he was out you should have just grabbed up all your stuff and left. Then he'd probably be wondering the same thing about you. ;)

that's exactly what I did,..
I haven't heard from him or expect to,..  it's just I have trouble beliving someone i once concidered my closest friend would have such loose ethics, makes me wonder what else he and others did behind my back.  :flame:
Truth is it hurts.

bigred68

Quote from: Brock Samson on September 24, 2009, 11:48:19 AM

that's exactly what I did,..
I haven't heard from him or expect to,..  it's just I have trouble beliving someone i once concidered my closest friend would have such loose ethics, makes me wonder what else he and others did behind my back.  :flame:
Truth is it hurts.

All jokeing aside,I am sorry Brock, and I could imagine your hurt also. You've been placed directly into the center of a Paridigm Shift. Again I appoligize for making light of your circumstance.

Neal_J

Not to be contrary, but how did you know the stuff was yours (versus another copy)?

For example, when you picked up those Nelson or Michael Bolton CDs, did they have your name on them?

Or did you just share a similar musical preference for ass-clowns?

Brock Samson

You Neal J. not contrary?.. oh, banish the thought... I would never ever ever think of you as contrary a wiseguy or anything even bordering on the sarcastic or wiseass,.. never... why not in a million years would I think of you as anything but appropriate... why I would I?..  :shruggy:
I recognised them them they were minus the cases which i still in most cases have,.. a few of them were tape compolations i made myself, others were clearly marked "Promotional Copy" because i got them at work.
And the drag racing VHS I bought from a table at the Roaster Show with two others as part of a three for deal..
Im wondering if my gold necklace my GF bought for me is in his possesion and if the other things that turned up missing in that time frame are his doing as well,.. especially because at the time i thought and accused others who may have in fact been innocent.

Tilar

Even if you confront him with it, he'll deny it. I had a "friend" that needed a place to stay while he and his wife got a divorce so I let him stay with my son and I. When he finally left he had stolen my air compressor, battery charger, welder, 3 of my guns and God knows what else. I knew he had stolen them because nobody else had that much opportunity. He denied everything even with another friend of his claiming he tried selling one of my guns to him.

Best thing I can suggest is take him out behind a really big barn and explain to him by hand how you feel about it. I wish I had done that with this "friend" I knew.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Brock Samson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MC4yHrKsRU

This was the song I liked, the solo at the end is pretty good,.. for mid '80s R&B with a Strat,.. & BTW: that's not Jessie Johnson on that clip you posted..   :shruggy:

here's something showing his real range and fluid style...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGOJ7K9kQPU

451-74Charger

Sorry I was going to reply earlier.......but someone stole my keyboard

:nana: