News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Unwelcome guest, again...

Started by dads_69, September 14, 2009, 03:25:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidSL

Well I just hope coonhunterjoe sees the funny side - I'm expecting a strongly worded PM! :icon_smile_blackeye: :slap:

I went away thinking about this - I don't like throwing insults about on message boards - and I was thinking 'how can no-one else pick up on that??' Then I got to thinking about US and Canadian meanings and realised you guys hunt Racoons... Yeah, I felt a bit stupid after that one... :RantExplode:

73chgrSE

We are all brothers in the eyes of the lord............ I hope that doesn't offend anyone. :angel:

beware the sleeper

man i once ripped this guys head off, i mean ANGRY post

went back like a month later, had read it wrong, he basicly said hello

happens to the best of us (and you know, us too)

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: bull on September 14, 2009, 10:01:53 AM
If I were you, after I KO'd him the third time I'd zip tie the bastard's hands behind his back and then zip tie that to his feet. By the time the cops are done with their donuts and coffee he'll still be hog-tied and lying in your driveway. You think he'd learn after the first @$$ beating though. :shruggy:

Not Zip Ties...      Duct Tape...   Duct tape stretches and does not break...    believe it or not - if you're a strong enough dude you can easily break zip tie cuffs...        I would confront the guy while being armed...      and only so many things could happen....

1. He turns and runs...     result...     one in the leg....
2. He comes at you in the treatening manner...     result...     one in the chest
3. He kneels and "gives up"...     result...        On in the leg

At this point you call the cops and say you have shot an intruder on your property and he is in need of immediate attention...    when the cops show up and ask why you shot him and question wether it was necessary...       your reply will be...      "This is the third time this man has trespassed and tried to steal my things...    I have reported it already twice to no avail...    i was within my rights to shoot him and I did. I highly doubt he'll be coming back a fourth time "
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Troy

Quote from: DavidSL on September 17, 2009, 09:32:22 AM
Well I just hope coonhunterjoe sees the funny side - I'm expecting a strongly worded PM! :icon_smile_blackeye: :slap:

I went away thinking about this - I don't like throwing insults about on message boards - and I was thinking 'how can no-one else pick up on that??' Then I got to thinking about US and Canadian meanings and realised you guys hunt Racoons... Yeah, I felt a bit stupid after that one... :RantExplode:
It's funny because I'd never heard the racist meaning of the word until I watched the movie "Remember the Titans". I guess all my relatives are hillbillies. I thought you meant raccoon hunters would never give up their guns...  :whistling:

Back to the subject at hand, I've had numerous cars, apartments, garages, and homes burglarized. Only twice have I caught someone in the act and both times the polices were involved without me having to do anything rational or irrational. At least you don't feel as helpless if you can put a face to the person/people responsible.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

LoneStar Mopar

Here in Texas not only can you shoot and kill a burglar on your property but you don't even have to be in fear of your life; and the burglar doesn't even have to be inside your house. As long as they are on your property and damaging/stealing your property you have the right to defend. It is called the Castle law or something like that. You even have the right to shoot burglars on your neighbors property as long as they tell you you can do so before hand.

It seems like every month or two the news reports another homeowner killing a burglar. This definately gives criminals something to think about before they break into a house. I have a couple of guns only for the reason of self defense if someone breaks into my house or property. 

Steve P.

They passed the same "TEXAS LAW" here in Florida. I don't know just how closely it resembles the Texas law, but it has been called the "TEXAS LAW" here since it's passing. The funny thing is the only one of my neighbors that EVER says anything about it IS from TAXES.  He is surely proud to let everyone know his house is full of guns and he just can't wait to use one... Of course he's the only one in the neighborhood with big chrome bull balls hanging from under his truck and he's got the DIXIE horns too... Most of us just wish he'd move back to Texas, but he tells us they didn't care for him much there.. Go figure...  :shruggy: Now my buddy Greg, who was born and raised in Tyler, Texas tells me that most of the guys he sees like my neighbor in Texas are the ones that commonly got their butts kicked all through school just "because"...  ;)
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Rallyecharger

Home protection = 2 Rottweiler's and a backup plan(12 gauge shotgun)........ :icon_smile_big:

chargergirl

Quote from: Rallyecharger on September 17, 2009, 06:53:05 PM
Home protection = 2 Rottweiler's and a backup plan(12 gauge shotgun)........ :icon_smile_big:
One Boxer, Two Malamuts, all under a year old is the problem. There was a survey of sorts, done with criminals as to what was the scariest sound to them...it was the sound of a shotgun being loaded/primed. See with those you don't have to be a great shot...you will get them. Thought my boxer was the just one of those dogs that love everyone and she is...until she saw a man she didn't like. I was stunned and put her on leash in the truck. I get out, she's coming with, sits on my foot as the man approaches. He said something and pointed in the other direction, she didn't like that. She came up on her back legs and stiff armed him...he went back fast about three feet. Then she sat down. She is very protective and seems to think the harder you play with her the harder she has to play back. They are tough, tough dogs. I think she would grab a bad guy and as he hit her would just think he was playing and come back harder...and man is she FAST! Bad guy doesn't stand a chance!
Trust your Woobie!

DavidSL

Quote from: Troy on September 17, 2009, 01:14:23 PMIt's funny because I'd never heard the racist meaning of the word until I watched the movie "Remember the Titans". I guess all my relatives are hillbillies. I thought you meant raccoon hunters would never give up their guns...  :whistling:

If I'd realised initially the name was in reference to raccoon hunting I would never have made that comment. It was all in context to what I thought the name meant. Of course I wouldn't expect anyone to want to give up their guns, it's your right in the US and who is gonna take away the criminal's guns if that ever came about?

However, thinking of it in the way I did - I had a more sinister image which was a mistake, hence the sincere apology. I'm not in the habit of throwing insults about! :angel:

Back on topic - dogs are probably the best protection. I'd imagine a lot of criminals don't expect people to run out of their houses and start shooting at them, because most people wouldn't. Dogs don't think that way, there are no repercussions to biting someone. Of course, having a dog that vicious around the house sure can be dodgy.

RusTy/SE

A similar incident recently took place in Elmore county just north of Montgomery. Here's a link to the story; it contains the video as aired on the local news yesterday. Not to make light of this, but i couldn't help hearing Forrest Gump in my mind when reading that the would be thief was shot in the "buttocks".

http://www.wsfa.com/Global/story.asp?S=11150983

ZSmithersCharges

Quote from: RusTy/SE on September 18, 2009, 07:24:25 PM
A similar incident recently took place in Elmore county just north of Montgomery. Here's a link to the story; it contains the video as aired on the local news yesterday. Not to make light of this, but i couldn't help hearing Forrest Gump in my mind when reading that the would be thief was shot in the "buttocks".

http://www.wsfa.com/Global/story.asp?S=11150983

Good home owner.

Supercharged Riot

nice to hear you took the showed the thief what "law & order" felt like....your right & left fist.

:cheers:

I wouldnt be able to control myself if I were ever in your position. 

Glad you caught him.

chargergirl

Forrest ran, run Forrest run, and got his shotgun! Shooting bad guy in the Buttocks...this is KISMET!
Trust your Woobie!

dads_69

Neighbor 4 houses down from me, about 9:30 tonight had an intruder in his back yard. Motion light came on and person/punkass bailed, Matt almost caught the guy, but he got away.
Matt, my neighbor was scared of what to do, First off I told him, if you catch him, subdue the punk, then call the cops.
Cops have been thick around here lately. Really odd, neighborhood I/we live is not normally like this, cops say they are praying on the up scale neighbor hoods lately, less crime than what the better known hoods have crime 24/7.
Cops are in unmarked cars also, hopefully they'll catch the wannabe thief's before the neighborhood watch does, cause people are not gonna be nice about the capture from what I've heard.

Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

sixty8charger

I am afraid of what i would do to the bastard.  once i get an adrenaline rush,  i turn clinically insane...    maybe i will regret the decisions later, but in that moment there is no thought.
I acknowledge my insanity as just.
The court systems do not work.

Becides, if the joker is just going to steal my shit for his benifit, he is worthless to society, and therefore, i will have done no wrong.

my beliefs anyways.
Jayson

Brock Samson

What about a crime watch coordinated with a motion sensor?..  :scratchchin: good luck with all that.

472 R/T SE

Quote from: sixty8charger on September 24, 2009, 03:58:31 AM
I am afraid of what i would do to the bastard.  once i get an adrenaline rush,  i turn clinically insane...    maybe i will regret the decisions later, but in that moment there is no thought.
I acknowledge my insanity as just.
The court systems do not work.

Unfortunately unless you have some sort of work out regime, adrenaline only lasts so long & there you are out of energy.

Ever been in a fight & after all the adrenaline's wore off you're thinking, "Damn, I need to knock this guy out" cause you're spent?  I know I have.  ;)