News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What the Heck is going on with the Superbird market?

Started by 1969chargerrtse, August 30, 2009, 07:04:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69_500

Doesn't seem out of line at all if you ask me, maybe even a tad high on the price considering its a 4 bbl Superbird and its an AT on the column. Great color though.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 69_500 on August 30, 2009, 07:06:40 PM
Doesn't seem out of line at all if you ask me, maybe even a tad high on the price considering its a 4 bbl Superbird and its an AT on the column. Great color though.
Really?  Last I knew I thought Birds were bringing in about 125K  135K?  What's up with these 200 and 300K cars?  Nutty people?
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

hemi68charger

If he took that in on a trade, I'd like to see what it was traded for......  :2thumbs:

Gorgeous car....

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

62 Max

hotrod98

Maybe us poor people can afford to buy a real bird now. Right after selling my Daytona clone.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Aero426

Looks like nice car, and it's priced to sell.   

Kismgby

Quote from: Aero426 on August 30, 2009, 09:01:26 PM
Looks like nice car, and it's priced to sell.   
The difference between what you ASK and what you TAKE.
...and how long you want to wait between the two.   ;)

69_500

The ones that are bringing in $125-130K are typically 6 pac cars. I don't follow the Birds as close as the Daytona's but the 4bbl AT on the columns haven't been priced up in the $120's for a while now. Quite a few of them are being advertised in the $90-100K range.

pettybird

Quote from: 62 Max on August 30, 2009, 08:33:26 PM
Reality,the inflated prices are going away. :Twocents:

don't call the market dead yet.  we have over 100 out the door since Jun 1.  we're FLYING and we're NOT cheap. 

and oddly enough I'm looking at this car on Wednesday.  if anyone has anything specific to ask go ahead.

mauve66

Quote from: pettybird on August 31, 2009, 05:01:55 PM
if anyone has anything specific to ask go ahead.

would you buy it for me for Xmas??

:angel: :angel: i had to ask, maybe you just won the 259 million powerball or something
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

nakita7

What goes up...

There's no rocket science, everything has cycles.

Dave Kanofsky

Quote from: mauve66 on August 31, 2009, 07:43:36 PM
Quote from: pettybird on August 31, 2009, 05:01:55 PM
if anyone has anything specific to ask go ahead.

would you buy it for me for Xmas??

:angel: :angel: i had to ask, maybe you just won the 259 million powerball or something

:smilielol:
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

hotrod98

Quote from: 69_500 on August 31, 2009, 03:59:04 PM
The ones that are bringing in $125-130K are typically 6 pac cars. I don't follow the Birds as close as the Daytona's but the 4bbl AT on the columns haven't been priced up in the $120's for a while now. Quite a few of them are being advertised in the $90-100K range.

We've been talking about that around here. The six pack cars seem to be priced about where the 4 barrel cars were a year or so ago. But it seems that the 4-barrel cars aren't being priced very often at all.
I missed my chance a few years back to get a decent deal on a 4-barrel bird so we're taking this opportunity to try and locate one now. This down cycle should last only for a short time unless the economy stays bad longer than we expect.
The guys that were attempting to sell their birds but weren't getting the bids or offers and have decided to ride it out for the most part. There aren't as many birds being listed on e-bay.
I think we'll see an occasional good deal due to someone losing thier job or facing foreclosure, etc. While I would never ever wish that on someone, I figure that someone, somewhere would buy that car if I didn't.
We have been looking at one project car that we're trying to buy and thankfully, this isn't the situation for the owner. He's just ready to move on to another part of the hobby. That does make me feel better. No distressed seller on this deal.
If this deal falls through though, I'm pretty sure that with a little patience, we'll find another...hopefully.   ;D

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams