News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

For those going to Rich's for the Aero Reunion/MM Weekend

Started by Mopurr, September 04, 2009, 11:01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopurr

Just trying to get an idea of who is going to be at Rich's house and also Thurs Events before Monster Mopar

Sherri

hotrod98

I'm not a winger yet, but I'm in the process of buying a Superbird. Does that count?
If so, put Larry and Sandra Roper on the list.  :yesnod:

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Mopurr

Thanks for the reply, I will put you on my list.

I am also trying to find out what day everyone will be joining up with the group

Such as Thurs?  and a note of that morning or evening so that I will know an approx. lunch count.......we have been invited to a cookout, or Friday  @ Rich's etc.........

On Thurs. it appears that we will be leaving Union late morning to head over to the Cuba MO area for lunch and then will explore the area

Friday will be at Rich's house as usual and then head to IL in the afternoon to MM.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Mopurr

Stuart

Do you know if Wayne & the Drakes are coming this year?

Troy

I plan to be at Rich's but none of the other Aero events.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

hemigeno

It's such a long drive, but I'll try to make it over to Rich's...

:lol:

Actually, I was there on Tuesday saying Hi to Rich & Judy, and finding out a little more about the plans.  I still need to call Scott w/ SS Promotions to find out if Denny Guest is going to bring a cool ride for the track manager to drive during the oval track parade laps.  That seems to be a big thing for the Gateway guy, and I can't blame him.  Last year I was going to let him drive my R/T around, but Denny came through after all.

Not sure about Thursday's activities though, as it depends on how things are going at work.

hotrod98

I wanted to make sure that we had the correct date.
Is the function at Rich and Judy's on Friday the 25th? We're driving up early Friday and I want to make sure we get the weekend all lined up.
We're right in the middle of finishing up the Daytona clone, attempting to sell a car or two to buy the Superbird and working overtime on the customer restos so I haven't had the time to plan much lately.  ;D

Charles Addams

Jerry C500

Hi Sherri,

We are planning to be there Thursday early AM and ready to go.  Look forward to seeing everyone.

Jerry & Ann

Mopurr

Larry

on Thurs. the 24th, The Guest Jim VanDiver will be arriving and we will then be going to Cuba Mo.  Gary Killeen has offered to cookout and have everyone for lunch and a small car show at his place, we will also check out a few places of interest in that area before returning to Union, Dinner will be at the White Rose and then go to Rich & Judy's for cake & Ice cream ( I just ordered the homemade Red Devils Food cake from my sister for those that have had it the last couple of years)

Friday the 25th is the usual get together at Rich's then head to IL for MM weekend later that afternoon,

So arriving on Friday is fine and you will have a great time as usual at Rich's I am just trying to get a feel for the count of how many people will be with the group on what days leading up to the weekend so that when people ask me how many people might be attending something at different times I can give them a somewhat accurate answer

Look forward to meeting you this year

Mopurr

Jerry

Glad to hear that you will be joining us on Thurs., look forward to seeing you both......less than 3 wks!!!!!

Hope you are both well.

Tell Ann Hi!!!!

Do you know if Jim & Delma will be able to make it on Thurs? And Jim if you are reading this......HINT HINT......I am looking forward to seeing that Red Wing this year.    So you better be planning to bring it.......what a wonderful problem to have......Which Daytona should we take this year?........

Sherri

3--Daytona

Good Morning ,,,,Hint--Hint,,,,,,,,,,,,, Count me in!!!!!! dont know about Delma,, Silver Dollar City gave her a  "Key to the City" a few week's ago,, for her 40 years of work there. I swear she is more GUNG-HOE now than ever. It seems the calander is different this year.
    But I tell you what,,,,,,,,,,,,I'll bring   BLACK GOLD ,  just for you to see.

69_500

Oh come one now Jim, you should bring all 3 down this year. JK.

Sherri, I don't know which day if any I'll make it over for this year. I"m holding out hope that the brake calipers I just sent out to be rebuilt will be back by then so I can get the car back on the road. If its not running I"ll probably be over for Saturday, so I don't think I"ll make it out to Rich's house at all this year as I only have 2 personal days left at work for the year and I'm using both to go to Talladega.

Kismgby

Since I STILL can't get my car started I may be missing this event and T'ga is starting to become questionable.

moparstuart

Quote from: Mopurr on September 05, 2009, 10:46:33 AM
Stuart

Do you know if Wayne & the Drakes are coming this year?
wayne is for sure , I have not asked the drakes ? I will ask for you  ? They are both have bad health issues so I will let you know .

moparstuart

sherri the drake will not be coming ,  as I said they are having really bad health problems .

hemigeno

Very sorry to hear that, as they have been fixtures at Rich's since he first started hosting several years back.

Hope they get better soon!

3--Daytona

Get Well  Wishes to the Drakes,,,   Fine Mopar people...

moparstuart

Quote from: 3--Daytona on September 10, 2009, 11:06:24 AM
   Get Well  Wishes to the Drakes,,,   Fine Mopar people...
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:   I will pass then along

Kismgby

I think I may come down, if only on two wheels, and stay a night or two.  I need a break from work.

hotrod98

For the first time, we're bringing someone with us to the MMW. I had forgotten about that. We can't leave until Friday morning and that means missing the fun at Rich and Judy's. But, next year we'll be there and hopefully in our new bird.

Charles Addams

Mopurr

Sorry to learn of the health problems with the Drakes, they will be missed at the party, many prayers sent their way.

Gene, you will have to make the long trip over and take a break from all of that hard work, time to have some fun

Danny it will be nice to see you

Joanne glad to hear that you may come down without the car, hope that you get it lined out soon.

Jim, I am really looking forward to seeing your car.

Larry, sorry you won't be at Rich's but I hope to meet you this year so hopefully will bump into you at the track

hotrod98

We're looking forward to seeing everyone at the track.
We were trying to get the Daytona clone together, but it's not gonna happen. Just not enough time.

Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on September 14, 2009, 01:21:16 PM
We're looking forward to seeing everyone at the track.
We were trying to get the Daytona clone together, but it's not gonna happen. Just not enough time.
be sure and take my cell # with you ,  call us friday afternoon . Everyone usually eats dinner together .  Call me and we can let you know where . Its a blast getting together and going out to eat with the wing nuts .  Usually near collinsville area for dinner .

moparstuart

hotrod98

Charles Addams

Daytona R/T SE

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: hotrod98 on September 14, 2009, 11:30:58 PM
We got ours today as well.  We can't back out now.  ;D

My packet arrived yesterday as well... but it is looking like I may not make it this year.  :P  :brickwall:

The friend that was planning to go with me re-unjured a shoulder that was recently operated on...

Still trying to find a way to go, but it is not looking good...  :rotz:

Allen
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

moparstuart

Quote from: xs29j8Bullitt on September 15, 2009, 06:52:28 AM

My packet arrived yesterday as well... but it is looking like I may not make it this year.  :P  :brickwall:

The friend that was planning to go with me re-unjured a shoulder that was recently operated on...

Allen
hope it works out for you allen , would hate to miss you . 

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: moparstuart on September 15, 2009, 08:52:31 AM

Allen
hope it works out for you allen , would hate to miss you . 

Me too!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

hotrod98

Allen

You just gotta find a way.  :yesnod:

Charles Addams

Mopurr

Bumping this up!!!!

For anyone coming For Thurs. Activities, if you arrive before 11 am should work, since we will be waiting for Jim VanDiver's plane to arrive that morning and then we will be off for the day to the Cuba area.

BPTRacing

Anyone looking for a room mate for the MMW event?
I will be there Thursday afternoon setting up the ProMax Booth, but the boss is planning on spending the weekend in the trailer.

So if anyone has a room in Collinsville they would like to splits costs on, let me know!

Scott
217-369-7665
Selling all my current toys to build a Twin Turbo Superbird clone "street" car.

moparstuart

you might call wayne ?  I know he wont be in untill friday afternoon , but he may not have a roomy yet ?

hotrod98

Scott  I just gave up my two rooms for the weekend. We received a call this morning that my wife's brother in Houston is in critical condition and may not survive. We've been looking forward to this weekend all year and now this. Life gets in the way some times, but there are priorities.
I got the call after talking to several people about the trip this morning. That's how quick the plans changed.
I'm going to try to get a friend to meet with you about the parts.
I'm just sorry that we won't get to see everyone and all of those wonderful wingcars.

Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on September 23, 2009, 02:21:37 PM
Scott  I just gave up my two rooms for the weekend. We received a call this morning that my wife's brother in Houston is in critical condition and may not survive. We've been looking forward to this weekend all year and now this. Life gets in the way some times, but there are priorities.
I got the call after talking to several people about the trip this morning. That's how quick the plans changed.
I'm just sorry that we won't get to see everyone and all of those wonderful wingcars.

sorry to hear this I hope sandra brother pulls through .  We will keep you all in our prayers . 

hemigeno

Quote from: moparstuart on September 23, 2009, 02:24:30 PM

sorry to hear this I hope sandra brother pulls through .  We will keep you all in our prayers . 

:iagree:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: hemigeno on September 23, 2009, 04:07:29 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on September 23, 2009, 02:24:30 PM

:iagree:

+1
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Hemi_tyme

Sorry to hear this Larry . we just talked this Morning, hope all is well
Ken

hotrod98

Thanks everyone. We got another call this evening that his kidneys are respondng to dialysis which is a good sign. But, he has a very serious problem with his pancreas and is in an induced coma. He's around 42 years old and has been in great physical condition which makes this all seem so bizarre. This guy is a ringer for Adam Sandler and even acts just like him.
I just talked to him a few days ago and mentioned that he should look Troy up and check out his Daytona there in Spring-Cypress at the cruise in. It's only a few blocks from where he lives near Champions Forest.
We're hoping for the best, but preparing for the worst.

Charles Addams

Mopurr

Very sorry to hear about your BIL, prayers sent that things will be ok.

Sorry that we won't see you this weekend

We just arrived in Union.......it has been a very long day.

xs29j8Bullitt

Quote from: Mopurr on September 23, 2009, 11:21:25 PM
Very sorry to hear about your BIL, prayers sent that things will be ok.

Sorry that we won't see you this weekend

We just arrived in Union.......it has been a very long day.

Your long day is ending... mine is just beginning.  I plan to leave the house in about two hours for the 700 mile trip...  :eek2:  See Ya Friday...  :cheers:

Larry - Sorry to hear about your Brother In Law...  42 is too young to be facing major health problems.  I hope all turns out well... he is in my prayers...

Allen
After 8 years of downsizing, whats left...
1968 Charger R/T, Automatic, 426 Hemi
1968 Polara 4Dr Sdn, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1968 Polara 4Dr HT, Automatic, 383
1969 Charger 500, 4 Speed, 440 Magnum
1969 Daytona, Automatic, 440 Magnum
1969 Road Runner, 4 Speed, 426 Hemi
1970 `Cuda, Automatic, 440-6BBL
1970 Challenger T/A, Automatic, 340 6 Pack
2004 Ram, Automatic, 5.7L Hemi
2009 Challenger SRT8, Automatic, 6.1L Hemi
<This Space Reserved for a 2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat, 8Sp Automatic,

nelson_audet

69 Charger RT 440 4 SPD 4.10 Dana car B5 blue

Mopurr

moparstuart

nelson_audet

69 Charger RT 440 4 SPD 4.10 Dana car B5 blue

hotrod98

I was hoping that someone would post some pics while they were up there. I'm feeling kind of left out. :'(

Charles Addams

moparstuart

been busy i'll try to get some posted tonight , We had a blast as alway thanks to  rich , sherri and gene .  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: