News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

C500 radio question

Started by C500, September 05, 2009, 03:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

C500

Hi guys and girls,

My C500 is an early build (210711), SPD 14 November '68. I'm looking for a radio to fill the hole. The fender tag codes R11 - Radio Solid State AM. On this site it seems that 68 radios have 'Dodge Solid State', and 69's have 'Chrysler Solid State', but possibly a change over some time in late 68.

My question is this: My car being a late 68 build and a 500, is it more likely to have 'Dodge' or 'Chrysler' SS?

Thanks,

Duncan
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

WINGMAN

My 69 500 156002  SPD 9 20 68 has a Dodge solid state in it with R11 on the tag, Im sure it is original to the car. My Daytona also has the Dodge solid state radio in it.   ;D   Jay.
69 Daytona XX29L9B409032 , 02 Ram Cummins,

C500

Thanks Jay, I just got a "Dodge Solid state" one to go in.
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

richRTSE

Is there an absolute change over date or were both used at the same time? I just checked my 500 (SPD 9-29-68) and my R/T SE (SPD 12-12-68) and both have the Chrysler solid state, and both are R11 codes. I'm pretty sure the radios are original to both cars.

hemigeno

There was no real changeover date.  I've seen both used in lots of different cars, although for some reason later on in the '69 model year it seems more "Chrysler" radios were installed than "Dodge".  Either would be considered correct for just about anytime during the '69 model year.

:Twocents: