News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Normal gap?

Started by Belgium R/T -68, November 08, 2009, 01:55:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belgium R/T -68

I got this gap between the lower dashpad and cluster/radiobezel. Is that normal because I don't see any possibility to reduce it?
My memery can't remember how it looked like in the past. :brickwall:

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

Ghoste

The foam in the dash pads can shrink over time so gaps aren't unusual.  Sometimes they can be pretty deformed looking too.

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: Ghoste on November 08, 2009, 02:53:27 PM
The foam in the dash pads can shrink over time so gaps aren't unusual.  Sometimes they can be pretty deformed looking too.

Do you mean it should be foam on the inside of the pad? The screwjoint matches perfect to the dashframe so it can't be that.

Per

Ghoste

That is what I meant but I'm looking at the pic and it looks more to me like the gap is from the lower pad shrinking away from the bezel.  :shruggy:

68r/t

The metal backing of the pad should below the pad surface, your metal backing has pulled away from the foam.

Back N Black

Mine looked like that when i first installed. I bent the metal frame to close the gap.  :2thumbs:

Belgium R/T -68

Have another solution, wait and see. :icon_smile_big:

Per

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on November 10, 2009, 04:38:55 PM
Duct tape? :nana:

No my friend :icon_smile_big: I'm experimenting with dyeing?? some leftover material from a seatfoam, think it could work? :scratchchin:

Per

68r/t

To be honest, it looks like crap, pull the pads off get some epoxy type adhesive and pull the metal backing into the pads so the vinyl is level or above the metal supports.
I am going thru the same process now, I sent mine off to get redone and they want $1300 to redo  them so I have repaired mine the best I can.
Mike from BEA thinks the repos should be done by spring.

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: 68r/t on November 11, 2009, 08:06:14 AM
To be honest, it looks like crap, pull the pads off get some epoxy type adhesive and pull the metal backing into the pads so the vinyl is level or above the metal supports.
I am going thru the same process now, I sent mine off to get redone and they want $1300 to redo  them so I have repaired mine the best I can.
Mike from BEA thinks the repos should be done by spring.

Thanks for the input! Like I said, I'm just experimenting.

Per

68r/t

Just telling it as I see it,  you are doing a very nice job on the car so it would a shame to mess up the pads.

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: 68r/t on November 11, 2009, 08:48:52 AM
Just telling it as I see it,  you are doing a very nice job on the car so it would a shame to mess up the pads.

Agree, I will wait out repops. It's no drivingseason here before anyway.

Per

Hemidog

Would the repops include the A/C dashpad? With my luck; offcourse NOT!  :scratchchin:

Nacho-RT74

remove everthing and get it back to position. IT MUST BE A WAY to make it
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Belgium R/T -68

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on November 11, 2009, 10:28:45 AM
remove everthing and get it back to position. IT MUST BE A WAY to make it

I checked my old one (the one on the dash is a ebay-one) and it's just the same. I will try 68 r/t's proposal and take that one apart to see
if it's possible to adjust. Have seen other chargerprojects here with the same problem.

Per

68r/t

Quote from: Hemidog on November 11, 2009, 10:22:06 AM
Would the repops include the A/C dashpad? With my luck; offcourse NOT!  :scratchchin:
Mike told me they were making A/C pads as well as the govebox lid, I am looking forward there completion as so many original dash pads are well past there use by date now.

1969chargerrtse

Back around #357 on my thread you can see how I fixed mine.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,34954.0.html
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

six-tee-nine

Quote from: 68r/t on November 11, 2009, 06:21:35 PM
Mike told me they were making A/C pads as well as the govebox lid, I am looking forward there completion as so many original dash pads are well past there use by date now.

I've been chasing them down on ebay and i tell ya they go fast and go high....
I've won an auction for a mint one and paid over $150 for it.....
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

resq302

Quote from: six-tee-nine on November 19, 2009, 06:41:45 AM
Quote from: 68r/t on November 11, 2009, 06:21:35 PM
Would the repops include the A/C dashpad? With my luck; offcourse NOT!  :scratchchin:

I've been chasing them down on ebay and i tell ya they go fast and go high....
I've won an auction for a mint one and paid over $150 for it.....
Which is why I picked up a complete spare set yeeeaaaarrsss ago.  For the "just in case"
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto