News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Six pack carb spacers .

Started by Big Sugar, November 26, 2005, 04:05:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Sugar

Anyone using a set of carb spacers on thier 6 Pak set up ?
Worthwhile gains ? or just stick with  thermal separation between the intake and Carbs.
I've also seen what appears to be a 6 pak Hi Rise manifold from Edelbrock am I mistaken ?
If  Carb Spacers tend to give more to Bottom to Midrange benifits how will this work with a .509
MP cam.

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

Ghoste

There used to be those STR manifolds that you could get with a six pack top on them.   I don't know if they still make those or not.

Chryco Psycho

I have never tried spacers , generally thereis not enough room for them
the Eddy intakes were a high rise , the real high rise is the Weiand x ram , there is a pic in CudaKen Maxi intake post

G Force

I have a Six pac car. I don't have the room under the standard hood for a spacer. I know this only because when I added a underhood insualtion pad it was rubbing against the stock six pac air cleaner cover.

BrianShaughnessy

I got the 1/2" phenolic / plasatic spacers.     I got room cause of the hood.     The thermostatic choke rod is too short so that won't work if ya do.

Edebrock makes the str-14-6 and then there's a weiand deal.      neither are streetcar friendly and as much as I'd like to get a STR if I could find a good price,   not many people have had good luck street driving them.
The weiand thing is cool looking also but needs a lot of internal work described in the MP BB manual.
Here' s a good info link about the 6 pack intakes. http://victorylibrary.com/mopar/weiand-c.htm
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Chryco Psycho

even for racing I was far from impressed with the STR I had , the plenum was just Way too big , I sold it almost immediatly