News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'72 Charger - Problems with rear window alignment - HELP!! : )

Started by Jay Q, September 15, 2009, 02:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay Q

I am working on a '72 Charger and am having major issues getting the windows aligned. Both rear quarters were replaced in the vehicle prior to my getting it to fix the windows. I've tried every possible adjustment to get the windows in the right position. No matter what, they are tight up against the inner wall of the channel. When I got the car, they were so crooked they wouldn't even go into the channel. The windows are flat up against the outer fender gaskets and still are flat up against the inner walls.

I am thinking of making plastic spacers to put between the window mount and the window, to change the angle of the window. But the angle change of the back windows may interfere with the front windows. This is the only solution I can think of without pushing the rear quarter panels an inch out on each side! LOL The body shop doesn't want to know a thing.

Has anyone run up against this problem? Any ideas on other possible solutions?

Thanks!!

NHCharger

Do you have a factory service manual that will show all the adjustments?
Are there any parts (washers/spacers) missing from the window assembly?
Below is a couple of pics of the rear windows I pulled from my 72 parts Charger. See if there are any parts missing on yours. I can take some pics of my rear windows in my 71 Charger, the interior is still out. Maybe something was not put back in correctly. 
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Jay Q

It's a different assembly because it's a General, but thanks. I cut the bottom adjustment bracket off and slammed it up against the inner wall and screwed it in. That gave me the angle I needed...I don't know, I think they might have screwed up when they replaced the rear quarters...but it's working now. Thanks for your reply.  ;)