News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wow looks more like $500

Started by Indygenerallee, November 30, 2013, 06:51:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

Quote from: spoolinhard on November 30, 2013, 09:27:55 PM
I don't see 3,500 worth of parts there.

Well, maybe. The glass is all there and so is the trim except for around the back window. The hood, bumper, doors and fenders look somewhat usable and the seat frames are quite valuable. The steering column and wheel could be used and the dash pieces in the 70s are plastic instead of vinyl wrapped foam so those usually survive pretty well. At $3500 you might just break even but I'd never pay that much for this thing.

Kern Dog

Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on November 30, 2013, 09:46:20 AM
Man...

That thing makes my junk look good. :2thumbs:

Its not cool to talk about your "junk" in public...... :lol:

F8-4life

Get ready guys this is what the project cars of the future look like! HA

Indygenerallee

bull, I live in Indiana and I can guarantee those fenders would be swiss cheese after media blasting!!  :icon_smile_big:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Stretch

The late 70's T-Bird wheel devalues it more than the rust.  ;D I'm sure that thing has loads more  rust than can be seen.  I doubt there would be anything left after media blasting. I find it hard to believe someone would pay that much for it.
I may be schizophrenic but at least I have us!

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: Red 70 R/T 493 on November 30, 2013, 11:36:47 PM
Quote from: Daytona R/T SE on November 30, 2013, 09:46:20 AM
Man...

That thing makes my junk look good. :2thumbs:

Its not cool to talk about your "junk" in public...... :lol:

:smilielol: :smilielol:

Actually, I was referring to  this junk  ;)

It's a '70 in disguise.  :scope:

spoolinhard

Quote from: Indygenerallee on November 30, 2013, 11:44:08 PM
bull, I live in Indiana and I can guarantee those fenders would be swiss cheese after media blasting!!  :icon_smile_big:

After repairing a set of 70 fender with minimal rust and finding lots of hidden rust gems in the cleanup process I agree completely. The sheetmetal is pucked beyond reasonable use and there is no telling exactly how nice the trim is or if the glass is all marred up. My focus immediately went to the front seats!!!

Tilar

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

charger_fan_4ever

$500

Stip it for parts and crush it. She's dead.

RallyeMike

QuoteGet ready guys this is what the project cars of the future look like! HA

The future has already arrived. There are members here restoring cars from where they are working with little more than the basic mid-car inner structure, a firewall, and (maybe) the front inner clip and building a new car from there.

I would never restore a car in the condition of this 70, but some people will, and already are.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: RallyeMike on December 02, 2013, 05:55:39 PM

The future has already arrived. There are members here restoring cars from where they are working with little more than the basic mid-car inner structure, a firewall, and (maybe) the front inner clip and building a new car from there.

I would never restore a car in the condition of this 70, but some people will, and already are.

we call them deep pockets or dreamers.....

bill440rt

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on December 02, 2013, 08:41:54 PM
Quote from: RallyeMike on December 02, 2013, 05:55:39 PM

we call them deep pockets or dreamers.....

Or very talented individuals.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

RallyeMike

Nothing wrong with deep pockets, dreamers, or talented people (of course). They all support the hobby and we should all be happy for that.  :icon_smile_big:

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Dreamcar

AMD had a slogan : "Never too far gone"

IMO, the slogan does not apply to this car.
"And another thing, when I gun the motor, I want people to think the world is coming to an end." - Homer Simpson

1969 Charger, 383, Q5/V1W, A35, H51, N88,  numbers match (under restoration)

6pkrtse

Heck. That would be a good crusier here in Michigan..... Maybe if it was all intact, had the drivetrain & a title it would be worth this much but not as it is.
1963 Belvedere 413 Max Wedge
1970 Charger R/T S.E. 440 sixpack.
1970 Challenger R/T Drag Radial 528 Hemi
1970 Charger 500 S.E. 440 4 BBL
1970 Road Runner 383 4 BBL
1974 Chrysler New Yorker 440 4 BBL
1996 Dodge Ram 2500 V-10 488 cu in.
2004 Dodge Ram 3500 CTD Dually 6x6
2012 Challenger R/T Classic

wingcar

Another individual/seller that's been watching too many Barrett Jackson Auctions...

But, when rust becomes a valuable mineral..you'll have a real gold mine with this Charger!  (Just saying.....keep an open mind...)
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

hatersaurusrex

The guys on Fast N Loud would put 3 coats of clear over it and sell it as a survivor with 'patina'.   True story.
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

JB400

Unless someone really really wants a 70 Charger, I think it's best to consider this one gone.  Let's all take a moment of silence :angel: