News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Operation HOOK...the frame ties are in!!! (w/pics)

Started by Hemidoug, March 22, 2008, 05:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Troy

Quote from: Petebell68 on March 18, 2017, 11:17:37 AM
Those look really good my car is also silver . Just  curious if I may ask what was the cost because that looks great completely painted and clean .
What do you mean by it feels like a different car ?

Thanks Pete
Well, the OP hasn't been around in forever and the car has since sold but this is what he meant:
Quote from: Hemidoug on March 23, 2008, 09:56:06 AM
It's a different car now. no more squeaks and rattles, car feels solid.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Kern Dog

My car handled well before these and after them. I've read how they reduce chassis flex so I expected them to make a difference. What I did notice was that the car soaked up bumps and dips like a new car. It felt more solid and quiet with a nice reduction in rattles.

Ghoste

Which is interesting because you would think more flex would help ride quality.

Mike DC

Imagine sliding down a snowy hill sitting on a cheap plastic sled.  A flexible bottom on the sled will feel bumpier than a stiff rigid bottom. 

HPP

Body flex is inconsistent and uncontrollable unlike suspension compliance which is measured and regulated.

472 R/T SE

I followed Dougs plans to a T.
firefighter convinced me to weld as anyone worth their salt can remove them with no remnants.  Plus Im back home and know of 3-4 awesome metal guys.

But what a difference those connectors proved to be.  Night & day...