News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Had to link this: a Tragedy..

Started by Brock Samson, November 29, 2005, 09:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

yellowcuda

I would love to do something.  That is awful.  If you can set up a place to send donations I will send and I trust you completely to make sure the funds get there.
Shelley

Shelley
Loganville, GA
'72 Cuda
69 Charger 426 Hemi (Jonathan's)
69 Charger 540 Blown Hemi (Jonathan's)
68 Charger (was gonna be DC.com car. Now it will be renamed)

Brock Samson

yeah, i'll check to see if there's a local fund.. or whatever,. that sucks!  :-\

Brock Samson

No mention of a fund but it turns out the cop went through a red light at 60 MPH,..  without his headlight being on either, a law here,.. still's pretty crappy for all concerned,..

TruckDriver

Batchelder, assigned to Mission Station, was driving south on Potrero Avenue when a 1970 Dodge Charger heading the other way hit him as the car was turning onto westbound 20th Street.

The driver of the Charger, Fernando Rodriguez, 29, drove off, parked his car at his home nearby and walked back to the accident scene, police said. He was booked on suspicion of felony hit-and-run driving.

Member here???   :flame: I hope not!!! :rotz:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Highbanked Hauler

Quote from: Stratocharger on November 30, 2005, 09:59:40 PM
No mention of a fund but it turns out the cop went through a red light at 60 MPH,..   without his headlight being on either, a law here,.. still's pretty crappy for all concerned,..
:iagree:
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

golden73

Quote from: Stratocharger on November 30, 2005, 09:59:40 PM
No mention of a fund but it turns out the cop went through a red light at 60 MPH,..   without his headlight being on either, a law here,.. still's pretty crappy for all concerned,..

Its a bad situation, but it was an accident. The Charger driver should be let off. If it was a hit and run, he wouldn't have come back to the accident scene. I would have handled things differently, but shit happens.

TheGhost

I feel sorry for the cop, but he ran a red light.  Stupid of him.  Not the Charger drivers fault.  BUT, he shouldn't have driven away, no matter HOW close he lived to the scene.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

last426

It was weird how they announced it on the radio blurbs.  All day they kept on saying a guy driving a Dodge Charger.  Then the first article I read it said a Charger from the 70's, then the next finally said a 1970 charger.  But the weird thing was they kept mentioning the model of car -- they never have done that in the past that I have noticed.  Kim

Charger_Fan

That sucks for the officer. Hopefully it was severed closer to the knee, so he can wear a prosthetic & still be able to walk halfway normal.

It's too bad the Charger driver did what he did by leaving, at least he went back & fessed up. That's more than a some people would have done in that situation.

Any pics of the Charger? :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

ChargerRT440

We may want to donate just because our beloved Charger's name has been unkindly attached to tyhis incident. it may bring some good back to the name

Telvis

Brock Samson

TheGhost

Quote from: last426 on November 30, 2005, 11:44:29 PM
It was weird how they announced it on the radio blurbs.  All day they kept on saying a guy driving a Dodge Charger.  Then the first article I read it said a Charger from the 70's, then the next finally said a 1970 charger.  But the weird thing was they kept mentioning the model of car -- they never have done that in the past that I have noticed.  Kim

Well, there are alot of people out there who would love to never see these cars on the road again.  They "pollute, make too much noise, blah blah blah."  Could just be their way to subliminally convince people that Muscle cars are dangerous, unsafe machines...
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Brock Samson

that's a streach... they usually incl. the vehicle make on most news reports... hate to bust your bubble..

TheGhost

Quote from: Stratocharger on December 01, 2005, 11:05:19 PM
  that's a streach... they usually incl. the vehicle make on most news reports... hate to bust your bubble..

Not aorund here.  They just say "car" or "SUV" or "truck".  Almost never get into any specifics.

skip68

Yah, that's true. They always say a car, truck, ect.-- The only time they really say the year, make and model is when they're still looking for the car :ahum: :scratchchin:..... 
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

hemihead

I feel sorry for the officer but I find a few things about the story odd.I never heard of a cop undercover wearing his uniform under plain clothes?
Why a private motorcycle?Who's motorcycle?And I believe police have to obey all traffic laws also unless under emergency situations but have to have a light and siren, right?
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

skip68

GOOD POINTS HEMIHEAD!!! Maybe he was on his way to work? :shruggy:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

hemihead

I was just thinking maybe this statement was made to help him collect some kind of insurance or pension of some kind. I don't see anything wrong with that.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

bad1032

Strat where did you see he ran a red light? Here is a good link for anyone interested in Police stuff
www.motorcops.com