News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I need a measurement

Started by 58pwrwgn, November 15, 2009, 10:27:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

58pwrwgn

I need a measurement from the trunk lip to the trunk floor to help me locate my flame rails. If you could measure in 6 inches from the rear lip as shown in the picture and than measure to the truck floor at that spot it would be appreciated. I originally made a something to align my new framerails, but I have come to realize that some poorly repaired accident damage has made it probably worthless.

Troy

I'll try to get you a few tomorrow.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Hansson

I get 13 7/16 on my car, somoene got another number?

Henrik
Sweden. Karlstad

Troy

Ack! Forgot to get it and I've been at the garage every night. Heading over again tonight so I'll write myself a note.

Troy

squeakfinder

My trunk floor is not original, but I get 18 1/2 inch's. This is from a 68.

Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

suntech

What you are doing here doesnt sound right.....try this instead :Twocents:
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

58pwrwgn

I have that frame diagram and have dropped some plumb bob points to the garage floor. I do have a few questions about that diagram. 1) what is the location of points A & B. It appears to me that they are the leading and trailing edge of the K frame above the torsion bar center line. 2)And if that is so is the vertical distance to the horizotal body line O, is it measured from the top or bottm of the K frame.

suntech

I think you are right about A and B, and i would also think the vertical measurments are to bottom of K frame :scratchchin:
Makes sence like that, as you can use these measurements to lime ut the K frame.
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

Troy

Ok, not sure how much this will help as it wasn't terribly scientific. Three of the four cars are 13 7/16" on the driver's side and 13 3/8" on the passenger side. I went all the way to the trunk floor and not on the bumper brace. I forgot the keys to the fourth car.

Troy

69bronzeT5

Quote from: 58pwrwgn on November 15, 2009, 10:27:15 PM
I need a measurement from the trunk lip to the trunk floor to help me locate my flame rails.

Help you LOCATE your frame rails? :o :scratchchin:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Mike DC

Just a warning -   

I was measuring the distance from the trunkfloor's top surface to the upper corners of the trunklid opening a few years ago.  I got different #s on different cars.  Easily 1/2" variation or more. 

58pwrwgn

Thanks for measuring. I just wanted to get the rear of the rails at about the right height. The more important work will be getting it square and I can do that by measuring diagonal from the front of the car. I still would like to know if I am correct about point A as it would just be one more confirming measurement.

squeakfinder

Oops. I didn't understand what I was looking at the first time I looked at that picture and measured the wrong corner of the trunk. I'm getting about 13 1/2 inch's.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

lexxman

By the sounds of it theres only a difference of 1/16 th.And in the shop service manual the tolerance is +- 1/4.I don't know if that helps or not,but there it is. :Twocents:

FLG

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on November 18, 2009, 02:56:16 PM
Quote from: 58pwrwgn on November 15, 2009, 10:27:15 PM
I need a measurement from the trunk lip to the trunk floor to help me locate my flame rails.

Help you LOCATE your frame rails? :o :scratchchin:

Actually it says "flame" rails! LOL!  :icon_smile_big: Gave me a chuckle!

Good Luck!  :2thumbs: