News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"Classic" rock songs you absolutely can't stand

Started by 71charger_fan, November 30, 2005, 09:12:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch ®

Quote from: doechsle on November 30, 2005, 03:44:17 PM
Ponch doesn't like Foreigner? (slide my chair away from Ponch, cough fag cough)

no, my allegiance lies with REO Speedwagon.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Orange_Crush

Quote from: Old Moparz on November 30, 2005, 03:59:02 PM
Quote from: Orange_Crush on November 30, 2005, 03:36:37 PM
Fleetwood mac.   The band that proves that you can have no voice, no talent to speak of, sing smarmy, derivative songs, and still somehow attain legend status.

At least Elton John and Queen (ESPECIALLY Queen) have talent.

Hey OC,

Have you ever heard Fleetwood Mac before Lindsay Buckingham and Stevie Nicks? It's a completely different band, & the even earlier stuff was almost all blues & actually very good. I was shocked to hear it after so many years of the top 40 sounds they did later on.

I'll check it out and try to keep an open mind.  I just can't stand stevie nicks' "I'm gettin raped by a goat" voice.
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

golden73

Anything by Janis Joplin is terrible.

I also can't stand Elton John's "I'm a bitch" song  :icon_smile_dead:

Sweet Home Alabama was overplayed so I can't stand that song either

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Orange_Crush on November 30, 2005, 04:05:39 PM
I just can't stand stevie nicks' "I'm gettin raped by a goat" voice.
You know, I've spent years trying to decide what that sound reminded me of...DING! :2thumbs: :smilielol:

Stairway to heaven has been at the very top of my hate list since about 1978.  :mad:
The Doors & Creedence used to drive me nuts too, now I'm developing a tolerance for some songs.
Both of 69_500's pics... :yesnod:

There's others, but I've chosen to block them out for sanity preservation.
I don't listen to the radio much anymore, either.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Old Moparz

Quote from: Orange_Crush on November 30, 2005, 04:05:39 PM

I'll check it out and try to keep an open mind.   I just can't stand stevie nicks' "I'm gettin raped by a goat" voice.

Well, you can't hear it from this link I found, but there's some interesting reading of where they started & with who.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/columns/the_history_of/the_early_years_of_fleetwood_mac.html
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

ChargerBill

Anything by:

John Fogerty including ANY Creedence Clearwater
Cat Stevens
Elton John
Fleetwood Mac and/or Stevie Nicks ( I HATE that sick, witchy beeeotch)
Peter Frampton (some of it I can stomach)
Emerson, Lake and Palmer

There are more, I'm just getting warmed up...
Life is a highway...

Ponch ®

Quote from: ChargerBill on November 30, 2005, 05:00:42 PM
Anythingh by:

John Fogerty including ANY Creedence Clearwater
Cat Stevens

I turn the channel as soon as they come on.... :puke:

Creedence rules (for the most part), but I've always hated Green River and Proud Mary.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

ChargerBill

Quote from: Ponch on November 30, 2005, 05:03:39 PM
Creedence rules (for the most part), but I've always hated Green River and Proud Mary.

Something about John Fogerty's voice just makes me queazy... It's almost like they should have used HIS voice in "Mars Attacks" to defeat the aliens. :icon_smile_tongue:
Life is a highway...

71charger_fan

Also anything sung by Michael McDonald grates on me. I felt he ruined the Doobies then, somehow, actually had a solo career.

TheGhost

Bon Scott signing the original version of "Rosie".  His voice just kills the song for me.  Also, another AC/DC song, "The Jack".  Love most of the other AC/DC songs, though.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

kab69440

Anything by Led Zepplin. Robert Plant has to be the most annoying vocalist ever. And Pink Floyd too, maybe it's because I have never been a stoner and cannot appreciate it fully? And "Pinball Wizard", if ever a more inane song has been recorded, I have not heard it.

This is for the people who control station programming... Please, if you need to play a song by KISS, pick something besides "Rock and Roll All Night". I am so sick of hearing that one I could just vomit.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

ChargerBill

SOME Pink Floyd is OK...but I will agree that the majority of it just sounds like an acid trip gone bad.
Life is a highway...

Charger_Fan

Quote from: kab69440 on November 30, 2005, 05:47:01 PM

This is for the people who control station programming... Please, if you need to play a song by KISS, pick something besides "Rock and Roll All Night". I am so sick of hearing that one I could just vomit.
Detroit Rock City is killer! However, it always strikes me funny how the exhaust note changes through the song...sometimes it's musclecar & sometimes it's like an old Jag. ;D

About the only Floyd song I like is The Wall.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

TheGhost

Quote from: ChargerBill on November 30, 2005, 05:49:45 PM
SOME Pink Floyd is OK...but I will agree that the majority of it just sounds like an acid trip gone bad.

Ah, yes, them too.  Except "Another Brick in the Wall"
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Charger4404spd

Can't believe no one picked the song voted "Best Rock Song of All Time", which I HATE more than ricers. Makes me want to  :puke:

.....and the song is...............Bohemien Rapsedy(sp)

nh_mopar_fan

Quote from: Old Moparz on November 30, 2005, 03:59:02 PM
Quote from: Orange_Crush on November 30, 2005, 03:36:37 PM
Fleetwood mac.  The band that proves that you can have no voice, no talent to speak of, sing smarmy, derivative songs, and still somehow attain legend status.

At least Elton John and Queen (ESPECIALLY Queen) have talent.

Hey OC,

Have you ever heard Fleetwood Mac before Lindsay Buckingham and Stevie Nicks? It's a completely different band, & the even earlier stuff was almost all blues & actually very good. I was shocked to hear it after so many years of the top 40 sounds they did later on.

Peter Green! To this day the original version of "Oh Well" is one of my favorite songs.

Vainglory, Esq.

Stairway to Heaven

Anything by the Eagles

And my all-time least-favorite: American Pie

Shakey

Quote from: kab69440 on November 30, 2005, 05:47:01 PM
And "Pinball Wizard", if ever a more inane song has been recorded, I have not heard it.

Actually it is just one song in a list of about 24 that are meant to be played all in a row.  Yes, if you can believe it a rock opera.  I have always liked the movie Tomy and keep the soundtrack handy for long road trips.

Spartan

Anything by the Beach Boys, can't stand that bubblegum sound at all.   I could never understand the draw.   That whole Jan & Dean, Beachboys sound just does nothing for me. I could say the whole genre of Rap belongs in the circular file too....   Other then that, I am just a music nut, weither its Buddy Holly, Johnny Cash, Rolling Stones, Zepplin, Pearl Jam or dare I say Gordon Lightfoot (I like the acustic guitar stuff allot).   
Over?! its not over until we say it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!...Hell no! and its not over now!..(Germans? Pearl Harbor?...shut up, he's on a roll)

nh_mopar_fan

Lightfoot is actually doing some touring and I think this will be the last chance to see him live....

Brock Samson

well i know there's tons of Rush fans and i really, really love their music,.. but the singer gives me hives...  :sick:
the other one that pisses me off is that rod stewart,.. yucK...  :rotz:

Johnny SixPack

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on November 30, 2005, 08:52:20 PM
Lightfoot is actually doing some touring and I think this will be the last chance to see him live....

Gord rocks!

I'm tempted to try and see him when he's in Houston.

Great singer/songwriter!

Yeah, Janis was never a favorite, but I can't say that there's a song that I absolutely can't stand.

One of the many benefits of not listening to broadcast radio anymore.
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

Old Moparz

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on November 30, 2005, 08:52:20 PM

I can deal with Gordon Lightfoot & actually got to see him twice, & it was a decent show too. My wife always liked him, & even her mother did too. When my mother-in-law was still alive, we suprised her & got her a ticket to see him at Carnegie Hall. I have a few photos somewhere of my mother-in-law & Gordon Lightfoot standing together outside after the show. I think my wife took her to see him another time as well.

Quote from: Stratocharger on November 30, 2005, 08:59:10 PM
well i know there's tons of Rush fans and i really, really love their music,.. but the singer gives me hives... :sick:
the other one that pisses me off is that rod stewart,.. yucK... :rotz:

Hety Strat, I'm not much of a Rush fan, but I do like their very first album. It's a little different than all the others. Bought it for one song really, but forget the name. Rod Stewart doesn't bug me, but I like his really old stuff from the 60's. I got dragged to see him at Jones' Beach with my wife. She likes him a lot but hasn't listened to him in ages.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

Shakey

Quote from: Stratocharger on November 30, 2005, 08:59:10 PM
well i know there's tons of Rush fans and i really, really love their music,.. but the singer gives me hives...   :sick:

Do you mean the looks of him or the sound of his voice?   :icon_smile_big:

Brock Samson

yeah Jeff Becks albums Truth and Beckola are some of the the awesomist hard rockers ever,..   

:musik010: :no: :nana: :bow: :METAL: :iagree: :2thumbs: :punkrocka: :apimp: :smoke: :crazy: :eek: :drunk: :boogie: :wave: