News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Thinking of turning my 68 into Daytona**FC7 70 Charger** build thread

Started by 200MPH, November 23, 2009, 06:00:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

200MPH

hey guys ive been kicking around the idea of turning my 68 into a Daytona. but with a twist Im thinking of leaving the 68 tail lights and side markers. But of course moving the rear side marker to the stock Daytona location and fill in the Daytona Valance and move the side marker to above it.  maybe the resident photoshop person here can make a few pics up? any thoughts?

Update:

I FOUND A 70!  FC7 to use for my Daytona Clone  rather than starting a new thread im just going to continue this one as My build thread. thanks guys
Charger

69charger2002

of course it wouldn't look correct, but personally, i think once you get past the fact you'd hear non stop... "that's not right", i think a daytona with 68 taillights would look really cool. i say go for it, i love people that dare to be different with their cars
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

200MPH

yeah i know about the Lights LOL im sure i will be hearing plenty of that!
Charger

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 200MPH on November 23, 2009, 06:10:25 PM
yeah i know about the Lights LOL im sure i will be hearing plenty of that!

Or you could easily enuf switch out the tail panel to a 69 one.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

tan top

yeah sounds a good idea !! think though if it were me !  going to the trouble of putting a plug  in between the sail panel & altering the deck lid , would deffo change the rear light panel  :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

200MPH

yeah both true statements ,but the panel does not have a mark on it I would hate to cut it out..cool can anybody photoshop that ? (68 side markers)
Charger

hemigeno

Not the best example, but the '68 markers were installed on this car when it was quite new - by an original owner who had just traded in a '68 Charger and liked their marker lights better than the '69 reflector style.

200MPH

I was thinking of using the 68 lights for like a cuda or coronet( flat based ) and mount them where the 69 marker is loxated normally
Charger

BPTRacing

Found this pic on the internet a while back
Selling all my current toys to build a Twin Turbo Superbird clone "street" car.

nascarxx29

Ron Jenkins Magnumforce blue daytona started off with a 68 charger.  And the billboard daytona was a 68
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,20016.0.html
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

8WHEELER

There is a Daytona clone ruining around here, that was an original 68 RT Charger  :brickwall:. He worked in a few body shops.
It was factory yellow, he didn't like it so he painted it panther pink. He got tired of that, bought a nose and wing
from a member here, then did switch everthing over from a donor 70 charger, and painted it Viper blue, must be
nice to work at a body shop  :yesnod:  everything is right there, and you don't evan have to leave work, and if
work gets slow............ boom work on your own car.

Yep you would get comments with the 68 tail lights, but they are great looking  :2thumbs:

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

skip68

I love the 68 tail lights and say leave them be.    :2thumbs:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

472 R/T SE

Quote from: 8WHEELER on November 23, 2009, 10:25:10 PM

Yep you would get comments with the 68 tail lights, but they are great looking  :2thumbs:

Dan

I bet that's why I've never seen it at a show up there.  Prolly tired of folks nit picking it.   :shruggy:

nakita7

I think it would be neat, but I would suggest leaving the markers right where they are.

8WHEELER

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on November 23, 2009, 11:33:47 PM
Quote from: 8WHEELER on November 23, 2009, 10:25:10 PM

Dan

I bet that's why I've never seen it at a show up there.  Prolly tired of folks nit picking it.   :shruggy:

Hey Mike
What I was saying is he did clone the hole car, including the plug. He actually had the red Daytona Clone
at the second Mopar meet up here in Carnation, I think you made it up here for at least one of
the two shows out there?

He did put in the 69 tail lights, and he had the car in daily driver class.......... right....... he would drive
it to work once a week, but no working head lights, no parking lights or turn signals, oh and no license
plate. He got pulled over several times for that problem, he got attention in that car, not positive he still has
it, I have not seen him in a year.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Dave Kanofsky

Quote from: hemigeno on November 23, 2009, 06:40:05 PM
Not the best example, but the '68 markers were installed on this car when it was quite new - by an original owner who had just traded in a '68 Charger and liked their marker lights better than the '69 reflector style.

Apparently the fender scoop orientation was lost on this one too...OR he finally achieved all of that brake cooling that the competition was griping about in '69!
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

6bblgt

Here's a '68 Daytona from the Talladega meet!  :2thumbs:

moparstuart

that is james keelers car , he is local here and lives about 20 minutes from my buisness here in missouri .  I forget about his being a 68 with the tail panel covered .  That car does have a real race wing on it complete with cable and all .

200MPH

yeah Stuart i saw him in Topeka Hpac Show in 05 or 06
Charger

moparstuart

Quote from: 200MPH on November 24, 2009, 03:55:03 PM
I was there also  , my buddy chris mcgraw was the promoter for all the Mopar Super weekends at heartland park .

200MPH

I remember that year because some was driving that wrecked 69 charger red with black top,it had been rear ended..I remember that 88 car, but I didn't realize it was a 68 !
Charger

moparstuart

Quote from: 200MPH on November 24, 2009, 04:08:22 PM
I remember that year because some was driving that wrecked 69 charger red with black top,it had been rear ended..I remember that 88 car, but I didn't realize it was a 68 !
are you talking about the red daytona clone of dave smiths  ? that was totalled and srtiped and still sold for like $ 3500.00  there in the car coral .

hotrod98

Quote from: moparstuart on November 24, 2009, 03:57:13 PM
Quote from: 200MPH on November 24, 2009, 03:55:03 PM
I was there also  , my buddy chris mcgraw was the promoter for all the Mopar Super weekends at heartland park .

I miss that show. Lots of nice cars, lots of drag racing and a great swap meet.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

200MPH

Quote from: moparstuart on November 24, 2009, 05:20:50 PM
Quote from: 200MPH on November 24, 2009, 04:08:22 PM
are you talking about the red daytona clone of dave smiths  ? that was totalled and srtiped and still sold for like $ 3500.00  there in the car coral .

Yep thats the one!  and yes that show was always good !
Charger