News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

help on skid plate

Started by billssuperbird, November 30, 2009, 07:03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billssuperbird

:shruggy: did a superbird come with a skid plate on the k-frame. and what does it look like. :smilie_help:

b5blue

billssuperbird

A383Wing

I have a company up here that reproduces them if needed

billssuperbird

what is the price+shipping. let me know when you get time.

62 Max

A383Wing

Quote from: billssuperbird on November 30, 2009, 09:09:34 PM
what is the price+shipping. let me know when you get time.

Not sure on the price..you will have to contact Bob at ACME http://www.superbirdbob.com/new_products.htm

mauve66

i didn't see any bolts holes, how do they attach and i assume its for the engine oil pan??  i've been worrying about my extra deep tranny pan and was thinking of having something in front of it to help protect it from speed bumps
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

billssuperbird

i would like to know what holds it on to the k-frame :shruggy:

68X426

I could use some info on the design also. Got my 68 Hemi RR with a custom Charlies oil pan. How adaptable are these plates, how to mount? Let's keep this topic going, thanks. :popcrn:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

b5blue

Welded.....it won't cover the bottom of the oil pan, it protects it from the front I believe.

billssuperbird

go to page 15 to see the 70 superbird that corndogecharge did.then go to page 15 to see the picture :2thumbs:

472 R/T SE

I don't know how well this stuff works personally but have heard a lot about it.  Panel bond.

Slap some on the skid plate & put the floor jack under it & put some pressure on it. 

Just an idea.  :shruggy:

8WHEELER

I have a couple ACME K-frame skid plates, One is on my red charger ''bottom pic'' I am running
the Hemi pan, the skid plate I run is a 1in drop. Its hard to see in the picture because the
skid plate is powder coated, but it hangs down a good inch lower than the pan.

The other two pics are the same skid plate, it is welded on, as you can see. The steel
is much thicker than the stock mold, and does lot look OEM, but very efficient.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.