News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The crappy charging at idle question one more time?

Started by b5blue, December 05, 2009, 12:37:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger RT

We are not too far away from each other. I'm in Avon Park. NW corner of highlands county. My concerns are if I read this thread correct you are still using the amp meter. (correct me if I read this wrong) That is why I asked for you to take those 2 volt readings. If you have read some of the threads here you know there are issues with how the wiring is run through the firewalls on these cars. I like my car looking stock but I also want it to perform right. Making changes to update the system in my view is the best way. I have done some on my car but try to hide it from view. Do you have a volt meter to take these readings? They will tell alot.
Tim

b5blue

Thanks for caring Tim. Last year this time I took the dash out and serviced/cleaned the whole electrical system. I replaced the ignition switch and did a mini service to the column. I've gone over all the grounds and cleaned and treated the bulkhead connector with De-Ox-it by Caig Lab's. I run my ECU on it's own switch. Everything works fine just low idle output amps under add of wipers and blower (OK with just lights) I'm going to save up for the Denso rig Nacho mentioned I think.

myk

Quote from: b5blue on December 12, 2009, 12:05:18 PM
I run my ECU on it's own switch.

Do you mean you have a toggle switch to activate it?  In regards to my question about the MSD, is that what you meant as well-putting it on an on/off switch in addition to a relay? 

"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

b5blue

No relay a separate 20 amp rated switch on it's own circuit to power up ignition. If you have ever worked on a Deloran and seen the relay/solenoid bank behind the passengers seat  :o anything can be taken too far.