News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone else hate winter with a passion?

Started by jeryst, December 05, 2009, 07:24:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RD

i have 5" of global warming.. err. climate change, plus a 1/2 inch of ice out front.  I kinda like winter... I get out of work. :D
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Todd Wilson

Quote from: Ponch ® on December 08, 2009, 02:25:29 PM
Quote from: Old Moparz on December 08, 2009, 02:20:00 PM
Quote from: Ponch ® on December 08, 2009, 02:02:13 PM
WTF? If I wanted to scrape frost off my car in the mornings I'd move to Minnesota. :-\

This is SoCal, for chrissakes! :nana:

Do they even sell ice scrapers by you, or did you stand there & drag your driver's license back & forth across the windows?

I think I'd have to drive 2.5 hours up to the ski resorts to find an ice scraper (whatever that is...). No, I just stood there looking puzzled while the wife made little snow men on the roof of my car (see the far right side of the pic).

"while the wife"   did I read that correctly?

Todd

Todd Wilson

Quote from: RD on December 08, 2009, 11:50:28 PM
i have 5" of global warming.. err. climate change, plus a 1/2 inch of ice out front.  I kinda like winter... I get out of work. :D

This storm sucks!   Wind is blowing terrible tonight!

Todd

Ponch ®

Quote from: Todd Wilson on December 09, 2009, 12:35:15 AM

I think I'd have to drive 2.5 hours up to the ski resorts to find an ice scraper (whatever that is...). No, I just stood there looking puzzled while the wife made little snow men on the roof of my car (see the far right side of the pic).

Todd

:yesnod:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

PocketThunder

Quote from: Ponch ® on December 09, 2009, 12:49:07 AM

Todd

Jeez Todd you're late to the game.  Didnt you read my buying rubbers at Target thread? 

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,64013.0.html
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Todd Wilson

Quote from: PocketThunder on December 09, 2009, 10:20:30 AM
Quote from: Ponch ® on December 09, 2009, 12:49:07 AM

Todd

Jeez Todd you're late to the game.  Didnt you read my buying rubbers at Target thread? 

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,64013.0.html

Yeah but I dont remember seeing anything about Ponch getting married?    The end of the world is near for sure now!

Todd

skip68

For the longest time we all thought Ponch was gay !   :scratchchin:   Now we know he's gay and married.   :nana:  :smilielol: :rofl:   Ponch, we never did see any pictures from the wedding night.  You know the kind we like to see....   :drool5: :2thumbs:     :cheers:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

PocketThunder

Quote from: skip68 on December 09, 2009, 11:12:01 AM
For the longest time we all thought Ponch was gay !   :scratchchin:   Now we know he's gay and married.   :nana:  :smilielol: :rofl:   Ponch, we never did see any pictures from the wedding night.  You know the kind we like to see....   :drool5: :2thumbs:     :cheers:

You dont ask another man that question Chuck.. have some respect!   :slap: 

what you really want are the bachelor party pics...   :angel:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

skip68

I guess the bachelor pics will do.   ;)
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Ponch ®

Quote from: PocketThunder on December 09, 2009, 11:23:42 AM
Quote from: skip68 on December 09, 2009, 11:12:01 AM

You dont ask another man that question Chuck.. have some respect!   :slap: 

what you really want are the bachelor party pics...   :angel:

right, like I would take pics of the bachelor party.  :angel:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

RD

well.. okay, show us the pics you didnt take of the bachelor party that your wife was told didnt exist :D
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

68pplcharger

winter has its good and bad points... Cold sucks, scraping windows sucks, and traffic sucks(few people can drive during dry weather,much less snow) But skiing, sleding,and driving on deserted roads sideways as far as you like... that's fun. There is a warm feeling knowing you can drive right up a hill past a stuck four wheel drive vehicle in a rear wheel drive vehicle. (especially after they just blew by you on the highway doing 90 thinking their vehicle will still do anything with four wheels for propulsion).  :hah: :Twocents:

200MPH

Winter Sucks  it going to be -1 tonite.....
Charger

Charger-Bodie

I kinda like winter for the fact that I have ALOT more free time to get work done on my project. Summer is way too busy,and fall and spring dont last nearly long enough.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

RECHRGD

Having grown up in SoCal and living in both Arizona and Hawaii for many years we longed for for the beauty of freshly fallen snow and crisp winter days.  So, 18 years ago we moved to God's country here in the northeast corner of Washington state.  After 18 years I can honestly say that I don't care if I ever see another fricken snow flake!  The last two years we've had record snow and cold.  This year is starting out colder than normal also.  Oh, and I also don't care if I ever see another damn deer.  Merry Christmas!  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

PocketThunder

Quote from: RECHRGD on December 09, 2009, 05:16:11 PM
Having grown up in SoCal and living in both Arizona and Hawaii for many years we longed for for the beauty of freshly fallen snow and crisp winter days.  So, 18 years ago we moved to God's country here in the northeast corner of Washington state.  After 18 years I can honestly say that I don't care if I ever see another fricken snow flake!  The last two years we've had record snow and cold.  This year is starting out colder than normal also.  Oh, and I also don't care if I ever see another damn deer.  Merry Christmas!  Bob
Merry F**king Christmas to you too Bob!  HAHAHAHA!!!   :rofl:  :rofl:   :smilielol:  :smilielol:

stripedelete

Quote from: 200MPH on December 09, 2009, 04:19:11 PM
Winter Sucks  it going to be -1 tonite.....

Ouch.  I'm crossing Witchita off my list.

68pplcharger

QuoteI kinda like winter for the fact that I have ALOT more free time to get work done on my project. Summer is way too busy,and fall and spring dont last nearly long enough.

:iagree: This is when I do the majority of my work.

GPULLER

9 inches of snow and 30-50mph winds yesterday, wind chills like 20-30 below.  Nobody left the house yesterday, got to spend some
"quality" time with the wife and kids.
Don't mind the snow its the freakin cold I don't like anymore.  Think it happened once we had kids.  Guess who gets to be the pack mule during the holidays??

Ponch ®

dart3404

Quote from: Ponch ® on December 10, 2009, 04:48:15 PM
I was out at a cruise last night.  :nana:

Must be nice.

2 more years and i'm moving somewhere, anywhere warm! More snow tomorrow.  :rotz:

Foreman72

its kinda hilarious how different the seasons are just from state to state...i go to school in PA now, but i'm from NH...we had a "storm" last week, totaled maybe...and inch...people down here are freakin out...and then i hear that we just got 10in in NH and thats old hat...

i personally enjoy winter...i mean yeah the cold sucks...scraping the car sucks...but other than that i'm pretty alright with it :2thumbs:
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

BB1

Quote from: Foreman72 on December 10, 2009, 08:48:27 PM
its kinda hilarious how different the seasons are just from state to state...i go to school in PA now, but i'm from NH...we had a "storm" last week, totaled maybe...and inch...people down here are freakin out...and then i hear that we just got 10in in NH and thats old hat...

i personally enjoy winter...i mean yeah the cold sucks...scraping the car sucks...but other than that i'm pretty alright with it :2thumbs:

When your 43, you'll think differently.
I live in the largest population of snow birds 55+, and they know something about living after there family has been raised.
Get the heck out of the cold during winter times.  :yesnod:

If only they knew how to drive.
Delete my profile

ITSA426

I was thinking I hate it, but then I realized that while it only got up to five degrees today, I didn't have to swat a single mosquito, or look out for poisonous insects or carnivorous reptiles.  The wind was blowing hard enough yesterday that the snow didn't have time to settle on my driveway.  The sun was shining today and it's a good evening to curl up by the gas fireplace and sip a nice glass wine and count some blessings.  Some nights it takes more wine.

jeryst

Quote from: GPULLER on December 10, 2009, 04:34:08 PM
9 inches of snow and 30-50mph winds yesterday, wind chills like 20-30 below.  Nobody left the house yesterday, got to spend some
"quality" time with the wife and kids.
Don't mind the snow its the freakin cold I don't like anymore.  Think it happened once we had kids.  Guess who gets to be the pack mule during the holidays??

Yeah, I wouldnt mind the snow, if it was 70 degrees out.