News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone else hate winter with a passion?

Started by jeryst, December 05, 2009, 07:24:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger RT

My wife was just telling me the other day she misses the snow but then yesterday a cold front came by today she is freezing. It only dropped into the low 50's over night and the inside temp is still 73. At least I could shut off the air. Go figure I like the little temp drop.
Tim

694spdRT

Summer
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

694spdRT

Winter. Hmmm...let me think.  :scratchchin:
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

rollingthunder

life's to short have a blast before its gone.

LeadfootBob

The only time winter is fun is when you're sitting in a 300$ RWD-beater with a full tank of gas and drift on snowy roads that have been plowed once (NO SALT, YOU *SSHOLES!), to produce that perfect "ball room floor" smoothness...
Drive until it pukes a rod/gets parked around a tree, tow it to the wrecking yard and go home to scour the ads for another one  :D
Unfortunately, the money sink called a "Charger" demands all disposable income this year... So yeah, winter sucks.
Proud member of the jack stand racing team since 1999.
'70 Charger 500: "Bronson", some kind of hillbilly hot rod in progress.
'89 Chevy Caprice 9C1: "it's got a cop motor..."

Charger440RDN

The only thing fun about winter is taking a rear wheel drive car to a Wal-Mart parking lot and doing donuts over and over  :lol: Front wheel drive owners don't know how fun it is.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Charger440RDN on December 13, 2009, 06:04:19 PM
The only thing fun about winter is taking a rear wheel drive car to a Wal-Mart parking lot and doing donuts over and over  :lol: Front wheel drive owners don't know how fun it is.

Reverse donuts in a FWD is also very fun.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Foreman72

you can get some decent stuff in FWD...e brake helps...its doable :D :lol:
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

bakerhillpins

Your totally ignoring the entire "sport" of Skitchin. We used to tie a few ropes to the bumper and hit all the side streets. It was like water skiing in the winter. Good set of smooth soled sneakers and you were good to go.  :2thumbs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOmdYniSblI&feature=related

Apparently this is called Hickybobbin by the folks in north western NY.

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

jeryst

Quote from: bakerhillpins on December 14, 2009, 10:56:42 AM

Your totally ignoring the entire "sport" of Skitchin. We used to tie a few ropes to the bumper and hit all the side streets. It was like water skiing in the winter. Good set of smooth soled sneakers and you were good to go.  :2thumbs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOmdYniSblI&feature=related

Apparently this is called Hickybobbin by the folks in north western NY.

We used to do it without ropes. Two of us would pull the rear seat belts out through the rear windows as far as they would go. Then we would lay on the truck and lock arms, with our free arm holding onto the seat belt. We would slide down the trunk as far as we could go, then the "skiers" would hold on to our feet while the driver sped down the icy roads. Course, that was back in the 70's when trunks were wide and flat. Now that I think back on it, its a wonder none of us ever got killed.

69rtse4spd

We use to just grab onto the back bumper & hang on, course you had to watch out for dry spots, that could hurt. :icon_smile_blackeye: 

bakerhillpins

Quote from: jeryst on December 14, 2009, 07:01:46 PM
Now that I think back on it, its a wonder none of us ever got killed.

If I only had  :Twocents: for every time I said that. I'd be independently wealthy!  :lol:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

jeryst

Quote from: 69rtse4spd on December 15, 2009, 12:17:31 AM
We use to just grab onto the back bumper & hang on, course you had to watch out for dry spots, that could hurt. :icon_smile_blackeye: 

Yeah, I remember one guy taking a really good fall when he hit a dry patch. Flew down over a bank, got all banged up and scraped up. Course he was drunk, so he never even felt it - lol.

Ponch ®

Hi 70's (maybe 80) for the next couple of days. w00t! :D
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

GPULLER

Quote from: Ponch ® on December 18, 2009, 01:22:36 PM

I hear ya...supposed to be 27 here in So MN, freakin heat wave!

Kinda wish it was colder, heading to the Twin Cities this weekend with another couple.  If it gets too warm the women are gonna watch the Holidazzle parade!  "You ladies go watch it, us men will sit in this warm bar and drink"   :cheers:

PocketThunder

Quote from: GPULLER on December 18, 2009, 02:33:15 PM

Kinda wish it was colder, heading to the Twin Cities this weekend with another couple.  If it gets too warm the women are gonna watch the Holidazzle parade!  "You ladies go watch it, us men will sit in this warm bar and drink"   :cheers:

Dont park in the parking garage, it took us 45 minutes to get out.  Find the surface lot on the North end of Nicollet at 4th street.  Get there 30 minutes early and park, then go to the bar, then back to the parade.   :Twocents:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

GPULLER

Quote from: PocketThunder on December 18, 2009, 03:30:36 PM
Quote from: GPULLER on December 18, 2009, 02:33:15 PM

Dont park in the parking garage, it took us 45 minutes to get out.  Find the surface lot on the North end of Nicollet at 4th street.  Get there 30 minutes early and park, then go to the bar, then back to the parade.   :Twocents:

Thanks for the advise but we didn't have time to watch the parade.  Got to Mall of America for lunch and some quick shopping, went to our hotel and had a few cocktails.  Had 6:00pm dinner reservations at Forepaugh's in St Paul.  After that back to the Hilton and a ride downtown to the bars, got back to the hotel in time for last call, at the hotel bar. Then up to the room for a pizza and beer.  Great weekend.