News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Buddy seat and seat belts for 69 charger rtse

Started by Lord Warlock, December 08, 2009, 05:14:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Warlock

Looking for information on buying buddy seat hardware, such as bolts, plastic piece that wraps around back end hiding the seam and board, and hex nut bolts holding it in place to the bottom.  30 years has been too long to remember where all the screws disappeared to.   May have to buy new ones. 

Also,  It looks like i'll need to buy new or replacment seat belts for at least the front seats, I think i kept just one lap belt for the front over the years and one male piece for the rear.  Does anyone sell these, or do i have to find old ones and recondition them?  I'm going to skip on the shoulder belts since the car didn't have any when i got it, even if it did have the holes in the headliner for the bolts to screw into. 

Lord Warlock
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

Troy

BE&A sells reproduction seat belts. There's a guy who lists ads on Moparts for "restored" belts but they cost more than the repros (and he has to have a set of whatever you're looking for). I haven't seen either in person.

I don't know anything about vendor support for buddy seats but I guess I'll have to be looking into that as well.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Lord Warlock

As i brought up in the other thread, wouldn't mind finding a replacement wood panel and bracket piece that fits inside the foam, my wood broke in half 20 years or more ago, and i replaced it with a shorter version from a chrysler imperial, was the right width but not the right length.  The interior shop is reupholstering it now and the new cover needs more length or will end up with more foam on the end and less support.  Not that i expect to use it as a seat again, the kids are all grown and i doubt the wife would ride in it even if it was drivable.
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.