News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Show us your 1970 Dodge chargers!!

Started by Charger440RDN, December 12, 2009, 03:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tan top

Quote from: 200MPH on January 10, 2010, 07:52:16 PM

here is my 70 500 Plum crazy project white/white originally

:o a straight & original  looking charger from the picture :yesnod: looking like original paint also ! :coolgleamA:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

200MPH

Yeah its pretty much a "barn find". something is or was living in it ! it has been extremely cold outside  so what ever it is/was. i hope its dead ! it is missing some parts, but for what im going to do it does not matter. :2thumbs: 
Charger

b5blue

Let me know if your going to pitch the hitch?  :scratchchin:

1969chargerrtse

Man that is beautiful! :drool5:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

skyhawk61

My 70 R/T in FE5...just out of the paint shop a year and a half ago.

THE CHARGER PUNK

Quote from: 200MPH on January 11, 2010, 11:14:24 AM
Yeah its pretty much a "barn find". something is or was living in it ! it has been extremely cold outside  so what ever it is/was. i hope its dead ! it is missing some parts, but for what im going to do it does not matter. :2thumbs: 

whats your plans for it?

200MPH

Charger Punk :Im going to do a Daytona clone
Charger

69bronzeT5

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on January 11, 2010, 05:22:51 PM
Man that is beautiful! :drool5:

That's the one they used to make that Johnny Lightning 1/64 scale car right? I have that one.....one door scoop is hanging, hood is off and the Hemi is taken out. When I played cars as a kid that '70 would always sit in my "shop". :icon_smile_big:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

b5blue

TUFCAT

I said it before...and I'll say it again. I love 1970 Chargers! :icon_smile_tongue:

mikesbbody

Quote from: TUFCAT on January 19, 2010, 12:35:29 PM
I said it before...and I'll say it again. I love 1970 Chargers! :icon_smile_tongue:

I can never understand why they are the least "desireable" of the 2nd gens? I have no problem with the front bumper (is that what it is?) the tailights are cool and (correct me if I'm wrong) but didn't they have more options than the 68-69's? i.e high impact colors, 6 pack etc?
I don't know too much about the 2nd Gen's.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: mikesbbody on January 19, 2010, 06:25:18 PM

I can never understand why they are the least "desireable" of the 2nd gens? I have no problem with the front bumper (is that what it is?) the tailights are cool and (correct me if I'm wrong) but didn't they have more options than the 68-69's? i.e high impact colors, 6 pack etc?
I'm a die hard charger lover.  Here's my  :Twocents:
To me it's the slit grille, and taillamps without the alluminun panel in back that is so cool looking.  To each his own is a strong point also.  I like 68 and I like 70 but 69 was just perfect in all ways.  And it was 70 that had great options and colors.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

tan top

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on January 19, 2010, 06:52:36 PM

I'm a die hard charger lover.  Here's my  :Twocents:
To me it's the slit grille, and taillamps without the alluminun panel in back that is so cool looking.  To each his own is a strong point also.  I like 68 and I like 70 but 69 was just perfect in all ways.  And it was 70 that had great options and colors.

yep agreed Rob :yesnod: that works for me also  all awesome cars ! but 69 for me :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Blakcharger440

The 1970 charger has it all and was the best combination of all three years wrapped up into one.
There is no denying it.  :2thumbs:
I like some things about 68's and am now a 68 owner once again. There are some things about 69's that
I admire but there is only one year that is the best of them all and that is the 1970 Charger....and I will say it...they will never pass this way again.  :coolgleamA:

Charger440RDN

Quote from: Blakcharger440 on January 21, 2010, 07:35:11 PM
The 1970 charger has it all and was the best combination of all three years wrapped up into one.
There is no denying it.  :2thumbs:
I like some things about 68's and am now a 68 owner once again. There are some things about 69's that
I admire but there is only one year that is the best of them all and that is the 1970 Charger....and I will say it again...they will never pass this way again.  :coolgleamA:

I am starting to agree with this more and more. The 70 charger and 68 charger are my favorites. I like the grill without the divider.

Dodge Don

It's a silly debate. There were way more 68 and 69 Chargers produced and thus more people have them....and naturally, like 70 guys...they vote for themselves. Each model has different attributes. I personally do not like the split grill, I think it makes the car look weaker, less muscular. The 68 and 70 open grill looks meaner to me.

Blakcharger440

Quote from: Dodge Don on January 22, 2010, 05:33:46 PM

It's a silly debate. There were way more 68 and 69 Chargers produced and thus more people have them....and naturally, like 70 guys...they vote for themselves. Each model has different attributes. I personally do not like the split grill, I think it makes the car look weaker, less muscular. The 68 and 70 open grill looks meaner to me.

Exactly! The split grill looks like an afterthought or a change just for change sake....more than likely why they went back to the open grill style is that they saw that it lost alot of flavor and changed it back.  :yesnod:

Back N Black

I was thinking the 70 front bumper was an after thought, it seem like Dodge had extra sheet metal left over from the 69 Daytona, and stuck that big ass bumper on there and call it a 70 charger.  :shruggy:

Blakcharger440

Quote from: Back N Black on January 22, 2010, 10:53:49 PM
I was thinking the 70 front bumper was an after thought, it seem like Dodge had extra sheet metal left over from the 69 Daytona, and stuck that big ass bumper on there and call it a 70 charger.  :shruggy:

Nope that couldnt have been it because the fenders from the Daytona and the Charger actually have their
differences as well. They put alot of thought into it and knew that the chrome would look awesome next to
the new line of High Impact colors....of course for 1970 only!  :2thumbs:

Charger-Bodie

These arguments are senseless. What model year someone likes best is a subjective judgemental item.......To each his own!!! They all have their own respective strong points!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

troy.70R/T

I like 68,69 and 70 Chargers. Anyone who owns a 68,69 or 70 Charger has an absolutely beautiful car and great taste in cars. :2thumbs: Now lets get back to just showing some pictures. :Twocents:

mikesbbody

I just wanted to add, I like how on the 70 RT's you have those door "scoops" (or whatever you like to call them) I think they are pretty cool!  :2thumbs:

loudmouthaussie

1970 PLYMOUTH SUPERBIRD. 440/6BBL/BENCH/AUTO/VITAMIN C.
1979 FORD RANCHERO GT 351.
1960 AUSTIN HEALEY MK1 BUGEYE SPRITE 1275/4 SPEED.

b5blue

Dodge Don

Quote from: 1HotDaytona on January 23, 2010, 10:24:40 AM
These arguments are senseless. What model year someone likes best is a subjective judgemental item.......To each his own!!! They all have their own respective strong points!

Gay? What are you...7 years old?