News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Show us your 1970 Dodge chargers!!

Started by Charger440RDN, December 12, 2009, 03:11:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

472 R/T SE

Uh-oh, honey bee invasion.  Both beautiful.

I didn't realize how nice your ride was Dan until now.  I remember years ago trying to find the air cleaner pre-heat hose from the exhaust manifold.  No one made them back then.  Had to use some generic piece & painted it.  Air cleaner had to be set a certain way (flex) to keep from showing where the paint had flaked off.  ;)

Nice rides boyz.

roundyrounder

Heres a pic of my car long before I bought it. This is from the early 80's when I was still in diapers and my 383 4spd sure grip car still had a shine.

gkeanef

A year and a half in to my project. It's an R/T, 440 4 speed, EV2 with a white top, white interior, and white tail stripe.

moparstuart

Quote from: gkeanef on February 15, 2012, 12:54:17 PM
A year and a half in to my project. It's an R/T, 440 4 speed, EV2 with a white top, white interior, and white tail stripe.
this is my buddys 69 but close in to your color combo   :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

wrench

JB400

AKcharger

My High School car circa 1982 baby!!!

472 R/T SE

AKcharger, cool that you have pix from back then.  Where is that, Florida?  Nice, straight rig there.  There weren't a lot of old Mopars around.  Jerry Junemann was local & snatched up whatever was available.   :RantExplode:
I'm an '83 grad.  In '82 I was on my 2nd car, '77 Trans Am.  Luckily I was able to get out of my 1st car, '70 Camaro w/6 cylinder & 3 speed on the floor manual.  I got made fun of, teased & bullied over a car.  I didn't know better of course installing traction bars & shackles lifting up the rear, (shortly after that the abuse started)   My parents were just divorced.

Surprised you were able to take a pic.  You must have had rich parents.  Back where I lived we hadn't even heard of a camera yet.   ;)

Anyone see what the V code car sold for tonight?  Weak @ mid $40k when some of the other Mopes brought way strong money.  My buddy Tom banked with his black '68 Super Bee clone, holy cow...high $40k.   :o
Strange, it had both stripes on it & prolly should have saved that paint for the hood scallops for under the hood call outs.  The call outs weren't centered, lined up on the bottom line of the scallops.  Just kind of there.
Hmmmm.

AKcharger

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on January 17, 2013, 05:28:46 AM
AKcharger, cool that you have pix from back then.  Where is that, Florida?  Nice, straight rig there... Jerry Junemann was local & snatched up whatever was available.   :RantExplode:
Surprised you were able to take a pic.  You must have had rich parents.  Back where I lived we hadn't even heard of a camera yet.   ;)

Wow, good eye! yup Port Richey Fl. The car looks good but in actuality it was more rusty in 1981 when it was only 11 years old  than my present was Charger in 2002 when it was 32 years old!
LOL about the camera, I had a polaroid, wish I would have taken more photos.

Not sure who Jerry was but my step, Brother Ralph Piozack, was big into E-bodies. He was a dirt-bag but I do credit him with giving me the Mopar bug. While the stories about him could go for pages, I'll just say he did have some nice E-bodies but he was a rip-off artist. There's someone right now driving around a blk/blk '70 Hemi Challanger convertble that he rebodied and I'm sure sold for a mint.

Anyway here's another in the background...disregard the crashed motorcylce, a Chevy Chevette backed into the road in front of me as I was doing at 35mph...zanny old people  :slap:

Daytona Guy

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on February 10, 2012, 11:47:38 PM
Yeah, yeah I know.  I already posted my pix on the last page.  But that was 1.5 years

Great stance. I love when they don't ride like an SUV :)

Dane

JN488

Oh Boy, a revival thread..... :cheers:

bakerhillpins

Sweet lookin 70 Chargers guys!!!! :drool5:  :drool5: :icon_smile_big:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

The70RT

:2thumbs: note the ladder bars  :icon_smile_big:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Dodge Don

472 R/T SE

DD, your pic is a perfect example of what Chrysler was trying to do with the wheels.  The use of the beauty rings makes the wheels look like they're encircled in "o's", especially your front wheel. 

Daytona Guy

Dealer installed Wing - the start of my crazyne

Beep Beep Dave

Keep the great pics coming :2thumbs:

Anyone know where the 70 Charger 500 from NJ by way of Michigan is now?
It's the black on burnt orange bench seat 383 N-code 4-speed with luggage rack car.
Just curious, but it would be nice to see some undated pics.
Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

Bob T

Don will like this one. In the flesh its a light iridescent metallic purple, not plum, keeps changing in the sunlight/ low light
70 R/T 4 speed, this one been one of my favourite Yank cars for years, caught up again with it and new owner yesterday at a show
Pic 4 was from a show in 2009, still looks just as sharp
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Beep Beep Dave

I thought i'd bring this one back to the top. :2thumbs:

Dave

1970 Charger R/T

JB400

70 sublime

My 2
One project one spare parts
next project 70 Charger FJ5 green

khodne

In two weeks it'll be five years since a orange shell was backed into the shop.  It's just about ready to go back on the car trailer to go to have the alignment done. Then to Mopars in the Park at Farmington, MN the first weekend in June.   :2thumbs:

RIDELIKEHELL

Quote from: Beep Beep Dave on February 15, 2013, 06:38:14 PM

I thought i'd bring this one back to the top. :2thumbs:

Dave

Hope to chat with you at Moparfest this year Dave ...I dig that car  :2thumbs: Always see it and thinks it's cool with the luggage rack
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

ACUDANUT

Here is my dream machine

Beep Beep Dave

Quote from: RIDELIKEHELL on February 17, 2013, 10:47:40 AM

Hope to chat with you at Moparfest this year Dave ...I dig that car  :2thumbs: Always see it and thinks it's cool with the luggage rack

The Charger has been in storage the last couple of years now. I have some stuff to do but it would be nice to have it at Moparfest this year.

Dave

1970 Charger R/T