News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Center arm rest

Started by J-440, December 29, 2009, 09:41:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J-440

Don't know if this was an option or not, but I have never seen a center armrest pad for any B-body with the center console.  The console I'm referring to is the big chrome laden unit with a door that opens toward the passenger.  Ya'll know which one I'm talking about.  Since it opened that way, any pad would hit the passenger seatback and so it would not work properly.  Does anyone make a more narrow pad kind of like a half pad, that way it would work?  Thanks again.
68 R/T, 440/727 6-speed, SC G-machine...black suede

Bob

Never heard of such a thing but then again there was some weird aftermarket stuff out there.
Bob

Ghoste

Well, technically the 67 Charger did.  66 and 67 both had a cushioned armrest on the center console that was hinged at the rear, the difference is that the 67 one is the same shell as the rest of the 67 to 70 B-bodies so the cushioned armrest portion could be very  very easily adapted to any year.  All you need is a Phillips tip screwdriver, the 67 armrest, 2 minutes of your life, and mechanical skills just slightly above a chimp and you'll be all set.

J-440

I swear Ghoste, you're like a dam Mopar thesaurus or something.  What'd you work at the Chrysler plant designing the dam Hemi or what?  Thnaks again for the help bro. :icon_smile_big:
68 R/T, 440/727 6-speed, SC G-machine...black suede

Ghoste

More a case of a one track mind and working in a field that exposes me to a huge number of cars.  But truthfully, as kind as your words are there are a whole bunch of people on here who are waaaay smarter than I'll ever be.

kab69440

Don't forget that in addition to the plate with the armrest on it, you also need the two pieces of stamped angle it affixes to. The angles mount down in the stow box hole. I posted a pic on here a while ago of the armrest on my 66 console, which is the upper half of a buddy seat on a pair of custom aluminum brackets bolted to the console body. The armrest flips rearward and the door below opens to the side, as usual. I needed an armrest taller than the normal 66-67 unit, so I converted the console to the later door and used the buddy seat back. I don't know if I still have the pic, since the great computer crash of Summer 09. I suppose if I wasn't so lazy, and it wasn't so cold, I could just go take a couple more pics and post them up.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

b5blue

Texas Acres has a whole set up of this on their site.  :yesnod: