News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MINE

Started by DAYTONA1, December 18, 2009, 08:11:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

Well, welcome to the site,.. and I must say looking at those before and after shots, you and your car should be an inspiration to anyone dealing with a dream and a basketcase...
I love the choice of TTs and the stance and the color that makes the nose seal nearly dissapear,.. What did you end up useing for the rubber band anyhow?.. Any interior pics?..
                                                                                          :popcrn:
Looks like the windhield deletors are AWOL, any plans for those?.. Larry one of our resident metal shaping perfectionists has made several sets for sale... I don't know if any are still avail. I do know a whole mess of folks here have undertaken DAYTONA clones in the past year or so.
In anycase great to have you aboard,.. And I'd love to see some pics of the A-Body...  :yesnod:

DAYTONA1

Quote from: Brock Samson on December 19, 2009, 12:50:59 PM
Well, welcome to the site,.. and I must say looking at those before and after shots, you and your car should be an inspiration to anyone dealing with a dream and a basketcase...
I love the choice of TTs and the stance and the color that makes the nose seal nearly dissapear,.. What did you end up useing for the rubber band anyhow?.. Any interior pics?..
                                                                                          :popcrn:
Looks like the windhield deletors are AWOL, any plans for those?.. Larry one of our resident metal shaping perfectionists has made several sets for sale... I don't know if any are still avail. I do know a whole mess of folks here have undertaken DAYTONA clones in the past year or so.
In anycase great to have you aboard,.. And I'd love to see some pics of the A-Body...  :yesnod:
Thanks for the kind words.
I have since added the A-piller air deflectors from Erik Nelson, rear window trim from DAYCLONA as well as an original rear glass.  The nose seal has disappeared. I just closed the gap to that of a normal fender or door gap.  No problems, but then I try not to run to things.  I'll get more pix when the weather breaks--we got 8" snow last night.

Here's the dart. Yes, I like TT's
Bert

Just 6T9 CHGR

Very cool and a '69 to start with as well.

Please take the time to register her if you haven't already.....you all knew that was coming ;)

www.1969chargerregistry.com
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

petercharger

wow can't believe the conditions of the cars when found and then they way they look now...lots of hours of love.... :2thumbs:
best way to get a hold of me is brushcollege@msn.com...thanks

FJ5WING

Welcome and I agree with everyone else, you have beautiful cars! I love the TQ wheels on them the most!
wingless now, but still around.

moparstuart

did you make your own rear window molding out of two sets of regular molding  ??????
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

tan top

:drool5:  wow  awesome Hemi Dart Bert  :yesnod: :drool5:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

DAYTONA1

Quote from: moparstuart on December 20, 2009, 04:51:49 PM
  did you make your own rear window molding out of two sets of regular molding  ??????

Yes that is it, Dayclona did it for me. Works nice.

41husk

Wow!! Larry is going with a a red stripe and wing on a black tona, but I have to say the white looks very nice and I don't remember seeing another with that combo :2thumbs:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

hotrod98

Quote from: 41husk on December 20, 2009, 05:56:42 PM
Wow!! Larry is going with a a red stripe and wing on a black tona, but I have to say the white looks very nice and I don't remember seeing another with that combo :2thumbs:

Back when I was planning to run a traditional color stipe, I was going to go with white. Stands out. Too bad your school colors aren't black and white Allen.  ;D

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

DAYTONA1

I actually found a die-cast black/white stripe to help me decide. I thought about the red too. Bought one of each, set them side by side to decide. White stripe car hag a bonus 1:64 scale car with it. Bought some 1:18 scale TT's to go on it also.

DAYTONA1

Quote from: hotrod98 on December 20, 2009, 06:18:49 PM

Back when I was planning to run a traditional color stipe, I was going to go with white. Stands out. Too bad your school colors aren't black and white Allen.  ;D

My school colors are Orange/White.  That would be interesting too.

41husk

Yes it would!!!! your car looks great!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

moparstuart

mike svec black daytona has a white stripe

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Dave Kanofsky

Those are two SWEET rides!  Especially considering the starting condition of each of them.

Welcome aboard!
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

69RT3X9

Hi Daytona1!  Welcome to this site!

I love the looks of both of your cars!  Thanks so much for posting those pics of them!

Would you mind sharing some wheel/tire specific information pertaining to your Daytona?  I have a triple black 69 Charger R/T that is in need of some new wheels and tires.  I am currently sporting 14" steel wheels with hubcaps.  Would love to get something different.  I just love the way your Daytona looks!  Very "mean" and "aggressive" without being too over-the-top!  Nice work!

nascarxx29

Nice daytona replica :2thumbs:
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

DAYTONA1

Quote from: 69RT3X9 on December 21, 2009, 10:54:49 AM
Hi Daytona1!  Welcome to this site!

I love the looks of both of your cars!  Thanks so much for posting those pics of them!

Would you mind sharing some wheel/tire specific information pertaining to your Daytona?  I have a triple black 69 Charger R/T that is in need of some new wheels and tires.  I am currently sporting 14" steel wheels with hubcaps.  Would love to get something different.  I just love the way your Daytona looks!  Very "mean" and "aggressive" without being too over-the-top!  Nice work!

First of all, Thanks to everyone for the nice comments and making us welcome.  A lot more friendly than the other forums I visit.
As for the condition of the cars when I got them, around here you take em as is where is--if you find them at all. Nobody wants to part with them until they are almost ruined.
The front tires are P235/70R15 on 6.5X15 rims. Rears are P255/70R15 on 8.5X15 rims.  New Mopar Performance HD rear springs and stock small block torsion bars.

FlatbackFanatic

Great looking rides!!! Welcome to the site. :2thumbs:
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

billssuperbird

RAC95054

Very nice looking car.  :2thumbs:  :drool5:
Play: Work that you enjoy doing for nothing.   -Evan Esar

200MPH

Charger

mauve66

lots of work and love for sure, welcome
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

teamroth

Very nice clone Bert. That tire/rim combo is stellar. That Dart is one sweet lookin machine too. Does the dart ever hit the track?
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

DAYTONA1

Quote from: teamroth on December 30, 2009, 11:39:54 PM
Very nice clone Bert. That tire/rim combo is stellar. That Dart is one sweet lookin machine too. Does the dart ever hit the track?
No--Dart has never seen the track, would probably be fun though. Just weekend cruises for now.