News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird Clone

Started by nascarxx29, December 29, 2009, 10:31:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nascarxx29

metalgod
top fuel

Reged: Mar 05 2005
Loc: AZ or OR   Re: 70 Back - B Body Cars For Sale - Dec [Re: moparts]
     #5642866 - Wed Dec 02 2009 11:43 PM Attachment (589 downloads)   Edit     Reply     Quote     Quick Reply    

superbird clone project have everything to finsih the car 1st class except motor i was going to do a late model 6.1 hemi drivetrain but u finish as u wish very vewry nice r4 red paint have wing front end with correct meatl z brackets and pop up headlights have all neww interior 4 speed, shifter, console, dana 354 all fresh car is in oregon it all goes 25,000.00 or offer no trades 503-362-9015

I seen this guys Black on red daytona clone.Wonder what happened to it and why hes selling this superbird

1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

dreamcatcher

WOW! Good price...I wish it would have came along before I started mine.I have that plus 10000.00 in mine already and it is not in paint yet.Of corse I do have a 426 for mine and a six-pack!
1970 Superbird Tribute 440 auto
1968 Charger 426 6 pack auto
1971 Chevelle SS Tribute 350 4 speed
1970 Mustang 351 C 4 speed
1969 GTO 400 Ram air III 4 speed
1972 Charger (soon 5.7 hemi auto)
1973 Charger 440 auto (U code)
If you've never been scared (even a little) then you've never gone as fast as you could have!

superbirdtom

wow looks nice.  I wish there were more pics.   is it for sale elsewhere  where do i look??

moparstuart

looks like moparts or call the phone number and ask
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

FJ5WING

that was the clone I was considering. I have the extra drive train just sitting here with no where to go. being out of work is tuff enough on one bird resto. :brickwall:
wingless now, but still around.

petercharger

does not show a nose or wing..would assume he has all that...very nice bright color....does price seem fair?? :popcrn:
best way to get a hold of me is brushcollege@msn.com...thanks

FJ5WING

needs the newly released rear window stainless trim along with an engine, as far as I remember thats all it needs. pretty nice project and I feel the price is good.

nascarxx29

This same guy had a nice black on red daytona clone I might have pictures of it .Guy does some nice work.Superbird has the making of being a nice finished car
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

petercharger

just sold one of my cars to get it and missed the deal by one day...wow...now I have cash but no car :brickwall:
best way to get a hold of me is brushcollege@msn.com...thanks

moparstuart

tan top

looks like some nice work gone into that car   :yesnod: like the look of superbirds with out a vinyl , look more Aero :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

hemi68charger

Quote from: petercharger on January 03, 2010, 10:26:14 PM
just sold one of my cars to get it and missed the deal by one day...wow...now I have cash but no car :brickwall:

That sucks......... That's my biggest fear in selling my Daytona to get another one............
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

superbirdtom

my next bird project will be red but much brighter .  you take ppgs. 654 mixing base and add the dbc converter and WOW!  its eye popping,  you have to put 10 coats on to make sure the full color comes out.  I did a 70 coronet R/T,  in it, and had people follow me home to ask what red that was.  and it will not have a vinyl top. Im going to smooth out everything like the nascars and eliminate the diamonds.

I went to several jobbers and found one that carried glasurit ppg dupont and a couple other lines. I went back where all their mixing racks were and took the brightest red toner from each rack and put a dipstick into each can  then the next and side by side it was the ppg that had the brightest red toner.

whoever bought this one I would just leave the black top off.

wingcarenvy

I am the one who bought it. The painter who painted it did first class work and its the nicest paint job I ever owned. I am looking forward to putting it together. I have tell you a story first. I flew up to Oregon to see it and possibly make an offer. To say that this guy is weird is being nice. This has to be the worst experience I have ever been through when buying a car. After flying up and making a handshake deal (he wouldn't take a deposit, go figure). I return home excited well 2 weeks goes by and I attempt to get ahold of him only to get the run around. This excuse that excuse. I pretty much wrote the whole deal off then he comes back strong saying he needs the money and he has other buyers chomping at the bit. I hook my trailer up and drive over 1000 miles to his place in Oregon. When I get there I cant get ahold of him again and wasted a whole day looking for him. Wont answer the phone or the door at his house. Finally I get ahold of him and head over to this shop he has in the back of another house. When we get there Not all the parts are there. He tells me the doors, hood, decklid, wing, and fenders are at the painter and we can go get them in a bit. So I load up the car and parts and he "attempts" to get ahold of the painter. No dice, he will bring them down to me on his next trip to his house in Arizona. Okay well what about the nose? Well he says oh yeah its at Erik Nelsons place and he will have it sent to me. Okay I am now already am irritated and when it comes down to paying for the car he wants full payment. Stupid me I trust him and I pay in full with documentation of promised parts. That was January. Fast forward several months and I cant for the life of me get ahold of him. Finally I find him by calling from a out of state cell phone number and he answers. He tells me oh I am in Arizona and I will have to get back to you. I immediately get in my truck and go to Arizona to hunt him down. When I get there its "hey buddy" and gets some parts that he promised. I ask him about the body panels and get the runaround again. By now I figure I am dealing with a theif and a liar so I call Erik Nelson and ask him about the nose. Well his story is close to mine. He cant get ahold of him and he is owed $1200 for services rendered. I try to negotiate with him and just purchase the nose then at least I can put the damn car together. Well long story short he wont send me the nose without Doug releasing interest. Fat chance. In July I finally found who his painter is and talk to him and ask him if he has the loose body parts. Which he does and gladly hands them over to me even though that dirt bag still owed him money. Oh and the body parts are still in primer.  :flame: Doug told me several times that they were painted and ready to go! Haha. So after all is said and done this guy has made off with my hard earned cash and has told me to go F--- myself. I really love this car but after all I have been through I cant even stand to look at it. I came across this thread while doing my investigation into this guy in preparation for the long and drawn out battle that is soon to take place in court.

FJ5WING

congrats on the car...youll feel different when your cruising around in your "new" car. :2thumbs:

good luck with your legal process.  :pity:

moparstuart

Quote from: wingcarenvy on December 11, 2010, 05:33:05 AM
I am the one who bought it. The painter who painted it did first class work and its the nicest paint job I ever owned. I am looking forward to putting it together. I have tell you a story first. I flew up to Oregon to see it and possibly make an offer. To say that this guy is weird is being nice. This has to be the worst experience I have ever been through when buying a car. After flying up and making a handshake deal (he wouldn't take a deposit, go figure). I return home excited well 2 weeks goes by and I attempt to get ahold of him only to get the run around. This excuse that excuse. I pretty much wrote the whole deal off then he comes back strong saying he needs the money and he has other buyers chomping at the bit. I hook my trailer up and drive over 1000 miles to his place in Oregon. When I get there I cant get ahold of him again and wasted a whole day looking for him. Wont answer the phone or the door at his house. Finally I get ahold of him and head over to this shop he has in the back of another house. When we get there Not all the parts are there. He tells me the doors, hood, decklid, wing, and fenders are at the painter and we can go get them in a bit. So I load up the car and parts and he "attempts" to get ahold of the painter. No dice, he will bring them down to me on his next trip to his house in Arizona. Okay well what about the nose? Well he says oh yeah its at Erik Nelsons place and he will have it sent to me. Okay I am now already am irritated and when it comes down to paying for the car he wants full payment. Stupid me I trust him and I pay in full with documentation of promised parts. That was January. Fast forward several months and I cant for the life of me get ahold of him. Finally I find him by calling from a out of state cell phone number and he answers. He tells me oh I am in Arizona and I will have to get back to you. I immediately get in my truck and go to Arizona to hunt him down. When I get there its "hey buddy" and gets some parts that he promised. I ask him about the body panels and get the runaround again. By now I figure I am dealing with a theif and a liar so I call Erik Nelson and ask him about the nose. Well his story is close to mine. He cant get ahold of him and he is owed $1200 for services rendered. I try to negotiate with him and just purchase the nose then at least I can put the damn car together. Well long story short he wont send me the nose without Doug releasing interest. Fat chance. In July I finally found who his painter is and talk to him and ask him if he has the loose body parts. Which he does and gladly hands them over to me even though that dirt bag still owed him money. Oh and the body parts are still in primer.  :flame: Doug told me several times that they were painted and ready to go! Haha. So after all is said and done this guy has made off with my hard earned cash and has told me to go F--- myself. I really love this car but after all I have been through I cant even stand to look at it. I came across this thread while doing my investigation into this guy in preparation for the long and drawn out battle that is soon to take place in court.
wow chris i knew you said the car had baggage and problem but wow . I feel for you buddy and know how much you wanted another wing car ..    :flame: :flame: :brickwall:

hotrod98

I hate hearing stories like this. It's usually someone complaining about a resto shop ripping them off but it's nice that the shop ended up being the true nice guy in this deal. Us resto guys take enough grief as it is.
There are losers and con artists out there everywhere you go. You just have to move on and realize that in the end you'll have something very nice to drive.
I'll bet when you're flying down the highway in that car you'll forget all about this loser.

Can't wait to see the finished product.  :2thumbs:

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

41husk

hmm, I diddn't have any problrms buying my clone site unseen.  Maybe your dealing with people from the wrong web sites :shruggy:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

wingcarenvy

Thanks guys, I know time will heal. This hobby has so many good people its a shame a few bad apples make trouble for us.

moparstuart

Quote from: wingcarenvy on December 12, 2010, 02:25:54 AM
Thanks guys, I know time will heal. This hobby has so many good people its a shame a few bad apples make trouble for us.
go for a ride in the super bee , that will put a smile on your face  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

daytonalo

Too bad you went through that . After reading ad I would have thought a 3rd grader was selling car and would have had my guard up !!! Good luck

wingcarenvy

Quote from: moparstuart on December 12, 2010, 08:06:07 AM
Quote from: wingcarenvy on December 12, 2010, 02:25:54 AM
go for a ride in the super bee , that will put a smile on your face  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

Always does buddy.  :yesnod:

BigBlockSam

wow,  sucks . good luck  :cheers:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

wingcarenvy

Here are some pics of it now

FJ5WING

moparstuart

DonC1