News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Whatever became of Onebadsuperbird?

Started by Beep Beep Dave, August 01, 2010, 04:00:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beep Beep Dave

I was just wondering today as I was reading through some threads on here today. I didn't see him at Carlisle?

Dave 
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

4cruzin

Nope . . I didn't see him at Carlisle either  :shruggy:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Hemi_tyme

Quote from: Beep Beep Dave on August 01, 2010, 04:00:11 PM
I was just wondering today as I was reading through some threads on here today. I didn't see him at Carlisle?

Dave 
John's doing well, talk with him a couple times week. We just finished repainting his Sox and Martin Superbird along with other thing so he can install his 800 hp Indy motor. Ken

Beep Beep Dave

1970 Charger R/T

BPTRacing

QuoteJohn's doing well, talk with him a couple times week. We just finished repainting his Sox and Martin Superbird along with other thing so he can install his 800 hp Indy motor. Ken

Though he was getting a Koffels motor
Selling all my current toys to build a Twin Turbo Superbird clone "street" car.

F6Bee

Good question, been thinking the same thing from time to time myself, good to hear.

OneBadSuperbird

OK here I am!  Sorry I haven't been around more.  Just too busy with just all kinds of stuff.  I've been working on a joint venture with Mopar Collector's Guide called Mopr TV - note no "a" - and it can beviewed at www.moprtv.com .  Lots of cool stuff and a lot of cool stuff planned so check it out.

As Ken pointed out, we yack on the phone a couple times a week and he just got done painting and doing a bunch of other stuff to the red, white and blue Superbird so we can complete it's transformation. 

The engine is an Indy aluminum block and heads 451 low-deck and it was gone through and tweaked by the good folks at Koffel's.  if all goes well, the car should debut at the 2011 Columbus Chrysler Classic.

A special thanks and shout-out to my friend that alerted me to this thread.  I'll try not to be such a stranger here!
Save A Rare Rotter Today - Rebody It!

Click on pic to check out the FIVE STAR PRODUCTIONS website!

mauve66

that wagon looks pretty cool......................
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

pettybird

Quote from: OneBadSuperbird on August 06, 2010, 02:02:04 AM
OK here I am!  Sorry I haven't been around more.  Just too busy with just all kinds of stuff.  I've been working on a joint venture with Mopar Collector's Guide called Mopr TV - note no "a" - and it can beviewed at www.moprtv.com .  Lots of cool stuff and a lot of cool stuff planned so check it out.

As Ken pointed out, we yack on the phone a couple times a week and he just got done painting and doing a bunch of other stuff to the red, white and blue Superbird so we can complete it's transformation. 

The engine is an Indy aluminum block and heads 451 low-deck and it was gone through and tweaked by the good folks at Koffel's.  if all goes well, the car should debut at the 2011 Columbus Chrysler Classic.

A special thanks and shout-out to my friend that alerted me to this thread.  I'll try not to be such a stranger here!

well then you'll have it here in Cleveland for the meet, right?   ;)

OneBadSuperbird

Robert, thanks!  The car has a storied past here in Detroit in the late night street racing circles.  Right now, it's just a driver with a basically stock 350 but someday we'll put it back to it's former glory. 

Doug, I heard tell about a wing meet in your neck of the woods for next year.  What's the dates of the meet?  Cleveland ain't as far as all them far away places the wing meets have been lately.  LOL!

pettybird

Quote from: OneBadSuperbird on August 06, 2010, 05:36:23 PM
Robert, thanks!  The car has a storied past here in Detroit in the late night street racing circles.  Right now, it's just a driver with a basically stock 350 but someday we'll put it back to it's former glory. 

Doug, I heard tell about a wing meet in your neck of the woods for next year.  What's the dates of the meet?  Cleveland ain't as far as all them far away places the wing meets have been lately.  LOL!

June 21-26, Tuesday through Saturday.  You should be able to break away for a day or two, at least.  The car would be cool but a non street car is a hassle--come any way you can. 

the top sticky thread is about the meet--it's mostly planned.  Of course, I'm my father's kid, and planning isn't in that end of the gene pool.  Good thing I have school teacher mom around!

OneBadSuperbird

That's traditionally the weekend of the Pirsburgh Chrysler Classic and I am obligated to the Blankenship family to cover all their events.  Since Cleveland is kinda-sorta on the way to Pittsburgh and the wing event starts on Tuesday, we may be able to stop in for a  day or two.  Sounds like a plan to me anyway!

pettybird

Quote from: OneBadSuperbird on August 08, 2010, 10:41:36 AM
That's traditionally the weekend of the Pirsburgh Chrysler Classic and I am obligated to the Blankenship family to cover all their events.  Since Cleveland is kinda-sorta on the way to Pittsburgh and the wing event starts on Tuesday, we may be able to stop in for a  day or two.  Sounds like a plan to me anyway!

We are directly on your way--you have to drive through to get to Pittsburgh!  We're about a 20 mile detour for you.  What day do you have to start at the Classic?

Beep Beep Dave

Nice to see you posting again John :2thumbs: I am glad all is well.

Dave

1970 Charger R/T