News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Now a wing car owner

Started by 41husk, January 14, 2010, 12:39:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

41husk

My insurance CO. agreed to insure for what I paid.  I told them I will have ir appraised when I take possession and increase or decrease the coverage as per the apraisal.  I am real confident I will be increasing coverage. :cheers: I also just got the title back from the DMV, she is now in my name!!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

41husk

Should be finished before the end of March :cheers:  Counting the days and getting the trailor ready.
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

pettybird

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on January 20, 2010, 09:23:46 PM
Quote from: FJ5WING on January 20, 2010, 12:45:52 PM
as far as times being tuff, thankfully health is not an issue but trying to do a rightious/worthy restoration of a sorta low mile all matching superbird while unemployed is not easy. i would call 43,000 miles low but some may not. :shruggy:

43K is real low when a car is 40 years old.  :2thumbs:
Mine is 64k and that's low to me.  :yesnod:

at 12,000 miles a year anyone with a wing car showing less than 480,000 miles could consider themselves in possession of a low mileage car  :lol:

hotrod98

Quote from: 41husk on March 01, 2010, 03:47:19 PM
Should be finished before the end of March :cheers:  Counting the days and getting the trailor ready.

The headlamp assemblies are in and I've hooked the vacuum up to them. They go up and down without a problem.

I've been mocking up the z-braces today. I'll have to make a spacer to go between the z-braces and the mounts inside the nose. I'll permanently attach the steel spacer to the z-braces for strength.

We're supposed to have warmer temps so I should be able to re-paint the body later this week. I just wasn't happy with the depth of the clear. If it wasn't for having to re-paint, the car would be finished already.

I need to get this one finished so that I can get over on my Superbird and get it ready for the June wing car show.  ;D

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

41husk

Thanks ! for the update  :2thumbs:  I feel like I did as a kid on Christmas eve.  Got that nervous anxious feeling in my gut.  I drove the 73 for a bit Saturday and couldn't help wondering how much different the wing car driving experience would be.  Does it drive and ride different than the 68 or 73?  Can you tell you are in a wing car from the driver seat.  I feel like a wing car owner.  I even have hotel reservations for the wing car gathering in Branson in June. :cheers:
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on March 01, 2010, 06:34:40 PM
Quote from: 41husk on March 01, 2010, 03:47:19 PM

The headlamp assemblies are in and I've hooked the vacuum up to them. They go up and down without a problem.

I've been mocking up the z-braces today. I'll have to make a spacer to go between the z-braces and the mounts inside the nose. I'll permanently attach the steel spacer to the z-braces for strength.

We're supposed to have warmer temps so I should be able to re-paint the body later this week. I just wasn't happy with the depth of the clear. If it wasn't for having to re-paint, the car would be finished already.

I need to get this one finished so that I can get over on my Superbird and get it ready for the June wing car show.  ;D
we need pictures
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

twodko

Congrats Allen! While it might not be a factory wing car its still a wing car and you deserve it! Things will get better buddy........getting your car is proof of it. Cheers

Tom
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

hotrod98

We have Allen's Daytona clone on the schedule to go into the paint booth tomorrow.

Pics to follow. :yesnod:

Charles Addams

41husk

Well looks like I won't be sleeping well :2thumbs:  Every time I get news of progress I toss and turn all night long.  I'm sure it will be worse when I get it in my garage.  I will be going out there all hours of the night just to look at it.  I don't start them up in the middle of the night anymore, my neighbors probably don't appreciate it and I am sure my wife doesn't :rofl:  Can't wait to see the pics.  Did you get the front end mounted?
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

hotrod98

I had planned to do that today but a guy came over and bought my Z28. That took longer than I expected.
The trim shop lady called this morning and they're ready to recover the seats so I spent some time rounding up the parts.
It's coming together.

Charles Addams

41husk

I can't remember but I think I told you I wanted the head rest?
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

hotrod98

Quote from: 41husk on March 04, 2010, 03:51:18 PM
I can't remember but I think I told you I wanted the head rest?

Too late...I sold them.. Just kidding.

I spent about two hours trying to find the headrest parts that go inside the seat back. I have to look through three shops and the basement of our home that is full of mopar parts. I finally found them in the basement in a box with another set of headrests. I was sweating that one. Those kits are $125 at BEA.

I'm getting ready to drop some coin at the trim shop having those seat covers installed. I love the smell of leather. I was planning to buy the leather covers for the bird but chickened out.

It's looking like I won't be able to paint the car tomorrow. We had a job with a large company that took longer than expected so I'm getting shoved to Saturday. On Saturday, I was supposed to go with my son to Tulsa to have the new racecar chassis certified. Way too much happening around here.

I'll take some pics once the car is in the booth.

Charles Addams

41husk

Thanks looking foreward to the pictures, and the smell of leather.  I was out moving a friends Neon on my trailor yesterday and his front valance drug a bit driving up.  Will that be a problem with the nose cone?  These kinda things keep running through my mind :slap:
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

hotrod98

:icon_smile_big:
Stripe is painted on. No decals on this cloner. Now all it needs is a couple of coats of clear.

Charles Addams

Bob T

:coolgleamA:  oh yeah, thats coming along  :drool5:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

tan top

Quote from: hotrod98 on March 19, 2010, 11:00:00 PM
Stripe is painted on. No decals on this cloner. Now all it needs is a couple of coats of clear.

:scope:   :drool5: nice  :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on March 19, 2010, 11:00:00 PM
very nice  allen may see it yet  :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

41husk

I forewarded this picture to you as soon as I got it from Larry :drool5: it's getting close now!!!
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

hotrod98

Looks even better with the clearcoat. I plan to shoot the deck lid and wing early in the week and then I can start with final assembly. Not only do I have to hustle to get Allen's car completed, I have to get the bird completed as well. I'm anxious to drive the Black Ice bird now that the weather is warming up. That keeps me highly motivated on Allen's winger.  ;D

Charles Addams

tan top

Quote from: hotrod98 on March 20, 2010, 06:12:40 PM
Looks even better with the clearcoat. I plan to shoot the deck lid and wing early in the week and then I can start with final assembly. Not only do I have to hustle to get Allen's car completed, I have to get the bird completed as well. I'm anxious to drive the Black Ice bird now that the weather is warming up. That keeps me highly motivated on Allen's winger.  ;D

Damn hotrod  :drool5: :drool5: :coolgleamA: that looks awesome , looking forward to seeing more progress pictures :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

41husk

Lokking foreward to seing it in person.
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

200MPH

:cheers: Love the  color combo!
Charger

jonw29

Those colors together are hard to beat.JW

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: jonw29 on March 30, 2010, 04:36:06 PM
Those colors together are hard to beat.JW

Except when it comes time to take care of it and keep the finish looking new. I love how black looks,but I will never put myself through that misery again.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

hotrod98

Someone's getting a Daytona clone this week. I wonder who it is?  :icon_smile_big:

Charles Addams