News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dutchman panel support??

Started by TylerCharger69, January 17, 2010, 08:19:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TylerCharger69

ok....another question....im gathering my list of stuff to get so when im ready to get this done, the turn around time will be quick.   I'm replacing the dutchman filler panel.  What I need to know is....the piece that's underneath it....some sort of supporting apparatus i believe....where can i get this part??  Mines about rusted out!!

Charger-Bodie

Are you asking about the plenum? If so, AMD has that out already.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

TylerCharger69

plenum????   When I hear plenum, I think of something in correspondence to an intake manifold.....lol.....whatever its called, its the assembly that is directly beneath the dutchman panel which can be seen from inside the trunk.

Hemidog

MoparSam

So all they are for is support?  Or could it be that they are for rear window defroster also?

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,63151.0.html
'68 Charger R/T 440
'74 D-100 Adventurer 318
'75 Ramcharger 360 4x4 4 Speed
'78 Ramcharger 360 4x4 4 Speed
'67 Dart GT (Soon 440)
'05 Ram 1500 4.7
1/2 '71 Dart

Hemidog

I never understood the function, other that dutchman panel bracing.

the defroster sits in the middle of the speaker panel, so it doesn't have any use for the plenum.

TylerCharger69

Thanks Hemidog!!!!   WOW!!!  They are sure proud of those products huh???  Kinda pricey, but I've heard nothing but good things about AMD thus far....I guess I must invest while I'm replacing the dutchman panel