News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

8 3/4 leak

Started by charger72, July 31, 2005, 01:03:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger72

I have a 8 3/4 rear that I cant seem to get to stop leaking. I have new axles seals and carrier gasket(pumpkin), but it still drips from the center section. How can I fix this?

73 Charger 440

Is it leaking from the front down? (Where the driveshaft meets...) If so Id say its the seal there (Im not sure about 8 3/4s though).

charger72

it leaks between the housing and the center section(pumpkin). right now I have 2 paper gaskets(Fel Pro) in it with silicone, but it is still dripping it out.

73 Charger 440

Im not sure then... Why 2 gaskets though?

charger72

since they are pretty thin, I figured 2 would help it out. I did check it before, and I couldnt find any cracks in the housing and it seemed like nothing was warped.

73 Charger 440

I would still use only 1 gasket though, and silicone both sides of it... then torque it how its supposed to be (order and such if there is any). The 2 gaskets mating with each other to me sounds like it would cause a leak (paper on paper).

Chryco Psycho

THE HOUSING IS WELDED POSSIBLY  the welds are pourous [I hate caps lock ]