News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Richard Petty to be the honorary chair for the 2010 Amelia Island concours

Started by Ghoste, January 28, 2010, 11:18:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Stirling Moss will be a co-chair and I'm told some of Petty's cars will be there on display.  March 12-14 are the dates.

Aero426

Amelia is a fantastic event.   If you can make it, you should.  The event is just north of Jacksonville, and is one of the top three concours events in the country.    Where Pebble Beach is more about being seen, Amelia is all about the cars.  

The actual show is on Sunday, but there will be a panel discussion on Saturday with Petty, Don Garlits and Stirling Moss, moderated by David Hobbs.    That is guaranteed to be good.     

There are a lot of race cars that will be there.  Quite a few well known drivers and personalities are there just walking around.   We will have Ramo Stott's Superbird on display Sunday, which I am looking forward to very much.    We will be celebrating the 40th Anniversary of Ramo's win at Daytona, which was the first win for the Superbird model.

Ghoste

I will be there for the RM auction so at some point I will also be going through the concours as well.  I will be certainly watching for the well known drivers.

Aero426

Quote from: Ghoste on January 28, 2010, 11:35:02 AM
I will be there for the RM auction so at some point I will also be going through the concours as well.  I will be certainly watching for the well known drivers.

The RM auction is on Saturday, and the show is Sunday. 

Ghoste

Actually the auction runs Friday and Saturday but for me it basically is going to be from about March 8th to March 16th or 17th.  :icon_smile_wink:

Aero426

Gooding also has an auction on Friday close by.  

I did a page from my visit to Amelia in 2005.  Click the link below:

www.superbirdclub.com/amelia2005.html