News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Allen and I and the Club House, or should I say Mopad

Started by cudaken, December 04, 2005, 07:32:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cudaken

Ever wish you had places to go where there better half would not follow you to? No worries for now and a places you have to enjoy what you love? Well, 41 Husk as such a places, with a garage. :icon_smile_big: Well today I got a key to the dream places thanks to Allen. ;) This is the Mopad! Allen bought some rental property and saved some of it for him self and now me ;D This is a ture man cave, PIC of Mopar's, half clad woman and a Cam 2 collection. Oh, plus a good sizes garage.
I am back

Brock Samson

looks pretty posh except the interior designer   :scratchchin: in me says it needs checkered flooring, better chairs and some paint in the door jams...

Wwelcome back Cudah.. how's school comin?..

cudaken

Did not take a PIC of the half clad woman, want that just go to Miss Mopar.

Now a little back ground on Allen and I. We have been freinds for 2 going on 3 years now. When I met Allen this is what is 70 Challenger looked like at his house. Car was taken apart for around 9 years now, and no door or fenders for 5 years plus.

This what it looked like when I met Allen the first time.

I am back

The Ghoul

Quote from: Stratocharger on December 04, 2005, 07:38:52 PM

Wwelcome back Cudah.. how's school comin?..

Im all confused again.
looks like a sweet pad
I diggs

hemi68charger

Good Gracious !!!!

So, I'm NOT alone being a Mopar guy AND a beer can collector with Mopar prints around.. Here's my sanctuary, my garage decorated in pop-culture Mopar and brewery motif..   :icon_smile_big:
I have about 500 domestic and foriegn cans and will hopefully be putting it all up once I get into our new house..  His can collection looks great, especially with all the Mopar pictures around......
The priced beer can is the "old german" cone-top......

Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

cudaken

Why did I get a key to the club house? Well I have been helping Allen with the Challenger. Today something happen that never Allen or I had seen. OK, Allen saw it 9 years ago. All 4 wheels on the grond and door on it.   ;D

For you following postings in paint and body I helped Allen strip the car to bare metal. Ruffing in the body so it can be put in primer. Are goal is to get the Challenger in primer before Christmas so it can get exhaust and then shipped to a shop to get the 340 breathing. Looks stock right ;D NOT.

In PIC 12-4-5 you will see foil wrapped around the springs and rear end ??? That is a Cuda Ken trick to keep over spary off the fresh and done parts. Much easyer than masking with tape.
I am back

cudaken

Sorry about the chain link fence in the PIC, but did not feel like tearing it down or pushing the Challanger all the way out to the street ;) Allen was up for the pushing but not I. ;D

OK, left side, trunk is in it first caot of primer. Today we worked on the Right front fender and Right door. Thay are now in primer and ready to be hung like me. Did I say that? :icon_smile_approve:   Also the water was cold and deep, OK I will shut up ;)

It was cold, that is for darn sure here in the midwest today. We could see are breath all day in the garage and had to heat up the filler and primer on the heaters. Don't think OSHA or the fire marshal would have been happy, but as Allen said "they are not here are they"? I will add, great deal of slober care was taken to make sure there was no fire!

Main thing left is the Hood that will take some work then the right quarter. Then the current goal is meet. Car will be in primer then running after wards.
I am back

cudaken

hemi68charger, well he still working on it. It not his house, just left overs from his rental. Nices looking garage you have as well I will add. Is that a real Hemi or a plactic Mock up? Reason I ask is the is the crank snot is the same color of the block, which is sort of a odd color in it self unless it is in expoy primer.

My garage is not pretty either, but does have a $20,000.00 Audiophile grade system in it.  600 watts a side Mono Blocked baby.

Cuda Ken

I am back

hemi68charger

Quote from: cudaken on December 04, 2005, 08:38:35 PM
  hemi68charger, well he still working on it. It not his house, just left overs from his rental. Nices looking garage you have as well I will add. Is that a real Hemi or a plactic Mock up? Reason I ask is the is the crank snot is the same color of the block, which is sort of a odd color in it self unless it is in expoy primer.

My garage is not pretty either, but does have a $20,000.00 Audiophile grade system in it.  600 watts a side Mono Blocked baby.

Cuda Ken

it's a real 426 Hemi...  It's the motor that will eventually find it's way into my '68 Hemi Charger R/T... The shop that did the long block coated the engine and heads in a corrosion control paint.. I'll be painting it shortly after I get the k-member powder-coated and the cradel set up for the suspension/k-member/engine/tranny build up.......  nice looking '69 there...  :thumbs:

Troy

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

cudaken

Then it is a expoy primer, that explains the color. Hum, painted the crank snot. Hum, did you have your Hemi shipped to MO ??? :icon_smile_big: Inside joke to people that know me.

Thank you as well Troy on the complaint on my 69 Rusted / Trash. Pretty good looking POS if I say so my self.

Allens Challanger is 3 times the car than mine. But does not look it yet. But it will.

Cuda Ken
I am back

CB

so when is the house warming party?   ;D

Pretty cool hang out place you guys have there.
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Ghoste

Wow.  That place sure does shame the little rat holes my buddy and I use.  It's nicer than some offices I've seen.

69_500

So you guys are going to have the whole car in primer by Christmas? Guess that rules out the DVD being of Allen's car then huh.

Great Collection of Cans there though. I'm sure you two have added to that collection over the process too?

Shakey

Quote from: hemi68charger on December 04, 2005, 07:52:08 PM
Good Gracious !!!!

So, I'm NOT alone being a Mopar guy AND a beer can collector with Mopar prints around.. Here's my sanctuary, my garage decorated in pop-culture Mopar and brewery motif..     :icon_smile_big:
I have about 500 domestic and foriegn cans and will hopefully be putting it all up once I get into our new house..   His can collection looks great, especially with all the Mopar pictures around......
The priced beer can is the "old german" cone-top......

I also see an "Asahi" can, I had some of those at lunch on Friday!

Shakey

Quote from: cudaken on December 04, 2005, 07:32:07 PM
Ever wish you had places to go where there better half would not follow you to? No worries for now and a places you have to enjoy what you love? Well, 41 Husk as such a places, with a garage. :icon_smile_big: Well today I got a key to the dream places thanks to Allen. ;) This is the Mopad! Allen bought some rental property and saved some of it for him self and now me ;D This is a ture man cave, PIC of Mopar's, half clad woman and a Cam 2 collection. Oh, plus a good sizes garage.

Did he give you a key so you can empty the garbage and the blue box?  :icon_smile_big:

69_500

You haven't moved any of your audio equipment over to that place so  that you can jam to tunes while working on the car? What kind of a buddy are you? JK

cudaken

Dan, I was sort of thinking about moving over some extra stereo gear, I have lots of extra's. Allen Challenger was never going to be tha Car in the DVD. It was to far a long as is the AMX project. I will call in a week or two about the DVD.

Shakey, the blue box is bait to get me over to the Mopad. ;D

Cuda Ken
I am back

andy74

man you guys are lucky,beers,broads and mopars! i have to work on mine at the dealership,and cant even drink beer while im there! thats why im moving her to a new location shortly!!

41husk

The mopad is much like the Challenger, a work in process.  I will eventually have some kinda floor covering and a pool table.  For now all time and what little money I have goes into the Challenger, it has been neglected long enough.  As soon as that is finished the one bedroom apartment down stairs will be completed, it's about 50% finished now.  I am losing $400 every month it's not rented :'( As soon as it is done I will concentrate on the mopad but the way it is now my wife never comes looking for me, if it's all nice she may start coming over to see what I am doing :o As for the can collection, I started collecting when I was a kid and have a couple thousand cans.  They were in the basement of another piece of rental property gathering dust, so I figured they would make a good wall covering for the mopad. 
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Charger_Fan

That's quite the collection! :thumbs:

I bet you're pretty happy to see the Chally getting this close after all these years.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

cudaken

Allen, leave some bait and I will be there this week. This is a old buliding and F--king Door's are short. I have to duck to take a P--s, duck to go in the garage. Made for midgets, busted my head last Saturday. For some reason Allen does not have a problem.

Here's Allen ;D The Charger is not 1/18th scale either. :icon_smile_approve:

Cuda Ken

I am back

41husk

I am also 103 lbs lighter than in that pictures and that even makes me look shorter for some reason :'(
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

69_500

I was going to say is the garage made for a midget, or just not someone of kens size? I mean he isn't a small fry.

Well I went on 3 job interviews this morning, so hopefully one of those pans out. So if you do decide to try to do a video, I'll have to check and see if I'm available. Because if I do get a job, I wouldn't want to try to ask off of work so soon after just starting a job.

41husk

i think if he just shoots a home movie version of how to do body work he could make a bunch of money.
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

41husk

Ken, Bait is in the trap or should I say fridge? Paint is Y1.
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

sandmbmx88

hey ken! looks good. i made an update post today. i did buy a duster but i currently still have the charger

41husk

BMX your not to far up the road, you should hop in your car and make a road trip some time. as for the house warming any time any of you guys are in the area you are welcome at the mopad ;D
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

41husk

Ken, I emptied the trash can for shakey, filled both heaters and refilled the Kerosine can but left it in the mopad by the fridge with the bait in it.  You shouldn't need the kerosine as what is in the heaters should last the entire weekend.  I am leaving for Jeff City Friday morning and will talk to you when I get back Monday.
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

RT DAVE

Quote from: hemi68charger on December 04, 2005, 09:17:45 PM
Quote from: cudaken on December 04, 2005, 08:38:35 PM

My garage is not pretty either, but does have a $20,000.00 Audiophile grade system in it.   600 watts a side Mono Blocked baby.

Cuda Ken

it's a real 426 Hemi...   It's the motor that will eventually find it's way into my '68 Hemi Charger R/T... The shop that did the long block coated the engine and heads in a corrosion control paint.. I'll be painting it shortly after I get the k-member powder-coated and the cradel set up for the suspension/k-member/engine/tranny build up.......   nice looking '69 there...   :thumbs:

Troy

Troy

Got any more pictures of that 71 charger R/T?   If so, could you send to "davencara@charter.net"?
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

41husk

That is a sweet looking R/T! Post some more pictures up here.
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

41husk

Hey Ken, did you take any pictures of the progress this weekend?  I am going to stop by after fat guy club about 8pm tonight to drop off some cam2 cash for your efforts,  Thanks buddy!
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

PocketThunder

Hey guys, i'm sitting at the Holiday Inn in Connersville? right now.  Come over and we'll drink at the hotel bar!
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

41husk

1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

PocketThunder

Quote from: 41husk on December 13, 2005, 08:25:54 AM
were is connersville! If it's close I'm game :yesnod:

Collinsville, IL ....  is what i meant.  I was at the CONOCO Refinery in Roxana for work for two days.  Maybe i'll catch you guys next time... :cheers:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

41husk

definetly pocket, if your ever in the area let me know,  I am always pleased to show any interested party my mopars, and the mopad.  The mopad aint much but it's mine.
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

cudaken

Allen, I will take some PIC next trip, did you leave any baite ;D

Make sure you leave the door bolt's where I can find them.

Right quarter and riht door jam is in primer. Only thing left is front and rear valance and hood.

PocketThunder, you where with in 4 miles of me. Next time your out this way PM me and I will give you my number and address.

Allen, have any sheets of plywood. Going to dig out the HO track this week.

Cuda Ken
I am back

41husk

there are two 4x8 sheets of plywood sitting up against the wall in the garage.  I will bait the trap tonight and put the bolts in the holes so they won't get lost.
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

41husk

Ken, Bait is in the trap, door bolts are in a bag tied to the upper door hindge and mixing cups are in the mopad on the table by the compressor.  I will see you Sunday.
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

41husk

Got my interior today and took it to the mopad, project continues to move foreward but still can't see the light at the end of the tunnel :'(
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

cudaken

Well Allen the light should be closer. Hum is that a good thing ??? ;)

I did not get to due much today, manly get in the way. As normal for most people, Allen was running around town trying to find parts. Seems he could not find his shoes. ;D I had a painter tell me that was a reason he did not come to work one day. Went home and not there, I knew I saw them, he came back with no shoes again and it was cold. ;) They where in the trunk, knew I saw them. Sure hope you guys know I mean brake shoes. Then the brake cylinders he bought 5 years ago where wrong and off he went again.

Troy, another friend and I sat around and BS about cars, for being young he was not dumb I will add. I could not work on the hood like I wanted. Fender and door was still off and in the way. Hood is off the Challenger. We final got the Right door nd fender on the car. Found that the left door will not open for some reason and have the wrong P/S pump lines. But those problems will be address later.

Challenger is leaving the garage Thursday and heading to the exhaust shop, them to another shop to do the final work and wake the sleeping 340.

I will get the hood ruffed in this week I hope. Many time Allen will not have versions of sugar plums dancing in his head. But visons of tooling around in a drop top Challenger with a 340 in his head. Last PIC of the Challenger in the Moped Garage. I am sure this is the first time in 5 years the only major body part missing is the hood.

Cuda Ken
I am back

Blown70

Good progress KEN and ALLEN,

Should be good and ready by spring.

Tom

41husk

The door opened today just a little rusty, the liquid wrench must of helped, but still have to pull pretty hard on the handle.  Well, as Ken said it is off to the shop at noon, just one shop though, Jim Riskoski, an old mopar drag racer who ownes his own shop will be installing the exhaust, filling the fluids and firing up the 340.  Troy is an honor student and a very tough wrestler.  He can also turn a wrench. 
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

41husk

I got the mopad finished and am inviting anyone from the site that makes it to Monster mopar over!
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

RD

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

41husk

There is always beer at the mopar, but you may want to brieng your own if you want your brand and don,t wan't to run out ;D  You comming to monster mopar?
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

Brock Samson

re-reading this thread i thought it originated with Cudah,.. Not Ken... Oh Well,..
where are they?.. anyhow?

RD

Quote from: 41husk on August 09, 2006, 10:18:02 AM
There is always beer at the mopar, but you may want to brieng your own if you want your brand and don,t wan't to run out ;D  You comming to monster mopar?

i am seriously thinking about it.  I should have my RR roadworthy by then, of course the body will look like crap, but she should run fast!
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

41husk

1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

RD

Quote from: 41husk on August 09, 2006, 03:05:29 PM
RD, how far from here are you?

i am in emporia, ks... about 6-7 hours from st. louis i suppose.

MOPARHOUND!

Emporia to St. Louis, 355 miles.

7 hours by Ramcharger.

6 hours by Road Runner.

5 hours by Charger.

:icon_smile_big: :devil: :nana:
1971 Charger R/T, 440 H.P., Auto, A/C Daily Driven (till gas went nuts).  NOW IN CARS FOR SALE SECTION: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48709.0.html
1969 Charger 318/Auto (latest addtion): http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,31948.0.html
*Speed costs money son, how fast do you want to go, and for how long?"
*"Build the biggest engine you can afford the first time."
*"We normally wouldn't use a 383 for this build, parts and labor for a 440 cost the same."

RD

Quote from: MOPARHOUND! on August 09, 2006, 03:39:15 PM
Emporia to St. Louis, 355 miles.

7 hours by Ramcharger.

6 hours by Road Runner.

5 hours by Charger.

:icon_smile_big: :devil: :nana:

lol! that was funny... i think you are giving the ramcharger too much credit though.. it would be 8 hrs.  have to stop 4 times, 15 min each to fill that bad boy up with gas!

41husk

well if you make it in you will have to look me up. 
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

Troy

I missed you guys in Kansas the last time so it would be cool if you can make it. I'll be there somewhere...

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

41husk

1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904