News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

HELP>>>>>STOLEN/SOLD>>>>PARTS!!!!!!

Started by Troy/Utah, February 01, 2010, 12:51:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SG1022

bull

Quote from: stripedelete on February 02, 2010, 12:33:34 PM
This is probably common knowledge, but just in case you don't know....

You can search Craiglist nation wide with a Google search:  Craigslist 1969 charger (or some combination of that - just make sure you include Craigslist, i.e. Craigslist mopar dash pad, Craigslist 383, etc, etc).  

It doesn't pic up everything, but it may be an efficient way for you to keep tabs on your parts or replacement parts if they pop up on craigslist anywhere.

www.searchtempest.com does the same thing only I would imagine it works a little better. It was created for the purpose of searching Ebay and CL on a widespread basis and you can uncheck the Ebay box if you want to search CL only. Here's an example of a nationwide search from my zip code: http://www.searchtempest.com/results.php?ebover=1&page=0&Region=na&citySelect=zip&catname=auto+parts&maxDist=50000&zip=97024&showeb=1&category=8&subcat1=ccc&subcat2=eee&subcat3=ggg&subcat4=hhh&subcat5=jjj&subcat6=ppp&subcat7=res&subcat8=pts&subcat9=bbb&addThree3=&minAsk4=min&maxAsk4=max&bedrooms=&minAsk6=min&maxAsk6=max&minAsk8=min&maxAsk8=max&search_string=1969+1968+Dodge+Charger&keytype=all&search_string_neg=

Brock Samson

Wow that's pretty usefull there! Thanks Bull!  :2thumbs:
back on topic though,.. this is pretty ugly, i hope you guys get some satisfaction.

Hemidoug

So when did the wheels start coming off the wagon? Was the business reputable before this or were they always ripping people off?
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

69charger2002

wheels must have come off in late 08 and 09.. i had 2 cars partially done there with no real problems. one car had new disc brakes installed, some interior done, etc. the other car had a new paint job put on it, new seat covers, carpet, etc. both done with no problems.. ah well lesson learned. i can't believe how some people can just not have a conscience for other people's money. it's one thing to not do the labor hired to do, but to steal all the parts and sell them/hide them? unacceptable.
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Hemidoug

Quote from: 69charger2002 on February 02, 2010, 04:57:53 PM
wheels must have come off in late 08 and 09.. i had 2 cars partially done there with no real problems. one car had new disc brakes installed, some interior done, etc. the other car had a new paint job put on it, new seat covers, carpet, etc. both done with no problems.. ah well lesson learned. i can't believe how some people can just not have a conscience for other people's money. it's one thing to not do the labor hired to do, but to steal all the parts and sell them/hide them? unacceptable.

No excuse for sure...I'm sorry this happened to you guys. I guess that's why I do most of my own work myself. I'm lucky I guess, I have a great body man (who is expensive as HELL), 2 good engine builders and lots of patience .....
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

moparstuart

I hate hearing these stories , I have been ripped off by body shops and it sickens me to hear these stories over and over .  Very sad that you cant trust people anymore  .  :rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :rotz:  I reallyhope you guys can get some recourse.
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Go Hogs Go

Quote from: moparstuart on February 02, 2010, 05:17:11 PM
  I hate hearing these stories , I have been ripped off by body shops and it sickens me to hear these stories over and over .  Very sad that you cant trust people anymore  .  :rotz: :rotz: :rotz: :rotz:  I reallyhope you guys can get some recourse.

Couldn't have said it better myself. That just shows it can happen to anyone.
Go Hogs!

FLG

Its a shame...really hope you get some of your stuff back  :rotz:

And the guys i bring my car to always ask why the hell i drive 4 hours rather than finding something local. This is the exact reason why.

skip68

Please tell me you guys have a contract from them or copy of a work order.   :shruggy:   
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

squeakfinder

I don't know if this is any better than what's been posted for searching craiglist, but I find it pretty handy...

http://www.craiglook.com/
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

Neal_J

Wow, this is just sickening. 

Sorry to hear of your losses, Travis & new Troy.

NEal

Cooter

Sorry to hear bout this type thing happening again guys, but the sad reallity is the worse this economy gets, the more and more I see this happening to good, hard workin' people....I don't build/restore cars for a living I just mess with them on the side for a few customers...I have done one '69 Charger R/T Clone front to rear for less than $2000.00....And had to paint it twice as I just knew the guy wasn't gonna like the job that was on it..I just finished a '69 RoadRunner for a friend in Wisconsin for less than $4000.00 start to finish...
Needless to say, I'm gonna have to go up on my prices cause they way I figure it, you are at least getting all the parts that came on your car back with it...
Charger (This was the days BEFORE AMD)
1. Replaced front fenders with fiberglass, removed at cust. request and installed metal fenders he bought that looked like they'd been run over, block sand and straighten said fenders.
2. R&R rear innner wheel wells, trunk ext., and trunk floor.
3. R&R rear quarters.
4. Straighten hood (Crunched in front)
5. Fill, Block sand doors as dent was right in the side scoops on BOTH doors.
6. Remove all glass and get quarter windows working (didn't work for over 14 Years)
7. Rewire and rebuild dash (Cust hooked battery up backwards)
8. Convert from console auto, to 4-speed.
9. rebuild 440 engine.
10. Install front disc brake, rebuild entire 8 3/4 rear.
11.Rebuild grille assy..
12. Install seat covers,carpet, door panels.
13. Pull trans THREE different times for cust. mistakes...(Wrong flywheel, crack in bell, trans supplied was bad)
14. PAINT rear R/T stripe on car.
15. Paint Car Twice..(Intense Blue)
All this for under $2000.00 cause he was a "Buddy"...and was worried SICK cause MY REPUTATION was on the car..I just can't see how these people are charging these HUGE prices and getting away with this kinda sh*t...I would NEVER even THINK of stealling anothers parts, let alone re-selling them!? This is just plain wrong..Go get 'em and remember that there are honest people out there that try to give you more than you think your getting....
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

bmoparmofo

Damn, sorry to hear it guys. Thats sucks. Its bad enough to lose money for labor or whatever is paid, but really what could be the excuse for all of the parts gone?Did they even have anything to say about that? I hope you act in time to get some satisfaction before its just a bankrupcy situation for that company and nothing for the victims. Hopefully there is criminal charges that can be done against them. I'll keep an eye open in Michigan for you. Sorry to hear it and good luck with it all.
69 charger 383 t5, 67 newport 383, 67 newport custom 383

Rayzor

Wow they must have a big set of brass ones hangin to try that kinda dealings. Sounds like a chop shop scam. I hope you guys get justice somehow.

bull

I hate to say it but when I read these stories I feel better about the times I've been ripped off because (knock on wood) it hasn't been anywhere near this bad for me. And I don't know how you guys can manage a project when you're sending your cars to distant locations for resto work? It's been bad enough for me when the car was only a few miles from home. I've been screwed by people in my own town, even when I've checked the progress once or twice a week. You'd have to feel pretty helpless when you can't keep an eye on things.

AKcharger

Messed up deal, sorry guys. I'll keep a look out up here in Alaska!

68charger383

Quote from: Ghoste on February 01, 2010, 01:31:54 PM
I'm probably missing something here, but it sounds to me like the time for patience is long past. :shruggy:

:iagree:
Sorry to hear the bad news.
If not already done, you need to file a police report and call the FBI if you believe/have proof the parts went over state lines. If you put the squeeze on this guy right now, he may have the parts stashed and might pull them out to avoid a criminal charge. If you wait to long, he may tell to many lies to then risk pulling them out down the road. Hopefully, if you act quick, you can also find some of the employees before they scatter into the woodwork. The employees could be very helpful witnesses who could have seen the removal of parts and know the location/sale of parts. Your only power is to force the criminal charge if he does not produce the parts or if he doesn't repay the money.

Most criminal convictions can have a restitution clause attach which requires the party to repay the victims or you could even get money from a state victims fund. Go to the police with receipts/documentation etc, to show that this guy had possession of these items.

If the parts were stolen over the course of two/three years ago then the parts are most likely already gone. Waiting will make you a general creditor way down on the list and you'll most likely see nothing.  So I would say your only real play is to seek criminal action against this guy in order to get a chance at being repaid. :Twocents:
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

harlandodge

keith also ripped me off on my 70 charger stole my money and all my parts ,,,along with three other people i know he ripped off too,,he killed my charger

harlandodge

Quote from: 69charger2002 on February 02, 2010, 02:10:01 PM
That would be awesome. mostly chargers were in his shop, so if someone gets out with grills,painted hoods, fenders, doors, tons of nice black interior, clusters, all 69-70 vintage, i would appreciate it if you guys could be on the lookout up there. i'm losing about half my life savings in these 2 cars, and i am not going to lay down and just take it. but all of us victims will need as much help as possible!   :'(   :icon_smile_angry:
haven't slept much in 2 weeks now..
trav

PS. stripe delete thanks for the craigslist tip!
keith pope ripped me off very bad too, destroyed my 70 charger sold all my parts, 3 of us are trying to get some action against him right now

skip68

I wonder if anybody here has the correct names, address, phone number, business name/card and any lic. # or LLC # of these fine folks ?    :shruggy:    I just wonder if somebody has this info, would it get posted on here ?    :shruggy: :icon_smile_cool:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

harlandodge

keith pope,,aka kreative customs ,now trying to use name keith's speed shop,,,beware  he destroyed my 70 charger all my blue interior  , my bumpers and grille ,my tail lights ,headlamps doors and pumps,steering colum and wheel, trim around top,,,ect,ect, any parts for sale for 70 charger i would like to buy back,e-mail darwynn@windstream.net will not rest till i can send him to jail

skip68

harlandodge

Quote from: skip68 on February 11, 2010, 05:58:18 PM
Are we sure Pope is the last name ? 
yes keith h. pope of london kentucky

skip68