News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Alan Jackson

Started by Skinypete, February 09, 2010, 11:57:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skinypete

On Alan Jackson's Good Time album cover is that a charger he is sitting in?
DJMIII

Dans 68

Sure looks like it.

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Belgium R/T -68

Is that the guy who is supposed to have owned the white challenger that has been for sale on ebay like forever? :scratchchin:

Per
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

bull

We got three pages worth of discussion out of this one once: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,39129.0.html

I'd have never thought it would have gone that far but the framing is such that it does leave room for debate. I still say it's a 68 Charger and I think this pic pretty much proves it.

Tilar

It's definitely a charger. Here's a little bigger shot.

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

chargerboy69

Quote from: Belgium R/T -68 on February 10, 2010, 02:51:23 AM
Is that the guy who is supposed to have owned the white challenger that has been for sale on ebay like forever? :scratchchin:

Per

Yes, his old white 1970 Challenger has been on E-Bay.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

skip68

It is a 68 Charger, as you can see the dash comes to a point in the middle.   :icon_smile_wink:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Brock Samson

I remember that old thread,..
  the beginning of the "C" in the Charger script can just be made out on the roof.
It will never fail to amaze me that we will debate these silly little things endlessly...
but, I guess there will always be newbies...

Todd Wilson

He's just copying Red Kilby and trying to be cool!

Todd

BB1

Yeah, everyone knows to be cool you need a Charger. Other brands don't do it.  ;)
Delete my profile

bull

Quote from: Todd Wilson on February 10, 2010, 11:31:55 AM
He's just copying Red Kilby and trying to be cool!

Todd

And you're trying to copy yourself ftom the other thread I linked. Jeez, it's like the movie "Groundhog Day" around here lately.

Skinypete

Very cool guys! Thanks for the info. But just for once I thought that I would be starting up an original topic  :shruggy: you guys are to good lol
DJMIII

1969chargerrtse

Yeah I remember this thread. I know the pointed dash makes it a 68 but what's up with the charger script?  Is 68 different from 69 on the roof side?
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Ghoste

Nope, same style script.

Tilar

And the survey says.....

Subject: Good Time Cover

Hello, We are having a discussion on a Dodge Charger message board about this cover. Is this a 68 Charger that Alan is sitting in?

Thanks in advance,
Dave Secrist

from Cindy Hart <ajfc@alanjackson.com>
to secristd@gmail.com

dateWed, Feb 10, 2010 at 10:34 AM
subject RE: Good Time Cover
mailed-by alanjackson.com

Almost right Dave, it's a 69 Charger....

:) Cindy

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Ghoste

Okay but it's still a 68 dash pad.

Brock Samson

yes it is peaked, as is my curiosity...   :lol:   :shruggy:   :popcrn:

Ghoste

Gotta be out-takes from the photo shoot somewhere.

skip68

It's a 68 cloned into a 69.  Ask if the sixth digit on the V.I.N. is the number 8 or 9.   :icon_smile_big:  
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Ghoste on February 10, 2010, 05:08:02 PM
Nope, same style script.
O.K, but the picture ( reply #3 )circles the Charger script saying it's a 69.  So That's why I was wondering why the script ment 69 if 68 had the same thing? :shruggy:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

GATOR MC KLUSKY

I like his music a lot, and he is a real car nut. Not just a poser. He loves his cars.

1969chargerrtse

I saw him in concert. Super down to earth guy. I love his " daddy let me drive " song.

Bakaruda

He has had several Mopar's over the years. When he lived in Henderonville TN, I seen him driving a 70 B5 Blue GTX. In his summertime blues Video the Chevy truck belongs to a friend of mine in Clarksville TN.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9x0wbKHos0